Manton Pushrods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.847 @ 117.92

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtgreat View Post
    Just wondering how your trap speed increased by almost 3 mph from 1st to 3rd run? I can come in off the street, spin or almost anything and my trap speed never varies by more than .5 mph. et can change by 3 tenths depending on engine temperature and 60 fts. Also, when someone asked who the tune was done by and you gave the 43/58 numbers is it just a diablosport canned tune or did you go to a chassis dyno that someone tuned the car or get an email tune from someone?
    Next time you ask me a question, don't go and get butthurt and get angry at me and be a smart ass in PMs for no reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango Hemi View Post
    Thats still pretty good gains. I think Diablo is only half that. Maybe i should buy some credits for my HP Tuners and play with it.
    Incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Good runs OP.. love the fact more and more of these vids are popping up.. what i kinda wish is to see the scatpack getting out of the avg 116-118mph traps i to the 120+ traps... I just find it hard to grasp that these cars are kind of stuck there unless excessive work is done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17 View Post
    Good runs OP.. love the fact more and more of these vids are popping up.. what i kinda wish is to see the scatpack getting out of the avg 116-118mph traps i to the 120+ traps... I just find it hard to grasp that these cars are kind of stuck there unless excessive work is done.

Thanks man. Don't worry man, I'm heading to the track when all this nonsense is done. I want to 11.399 or better with FBO at 120ish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SFScatPack View Post
    Thanks man. Don't worry man, I'm heading to the track when all this nonsense is done. I want to 11.399 or better with FBO at 120ish.
    Aim for 10’s.. be the 1st... im ready as well.. went out on my drag setup last weekend, dont know when this crap ends and with the way it look tires might just dry rot. Ive went a full yr without buying a single part. Idk if the cold weather just turned me off but im ready to add a few more mods.. if i cant get into the 10’s a [email protected]+ is what id like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SFScatPack View Post
    Sooo, I went to PBIR (first 1/4 mile event and 1st prepped event) a few weekends ago and had 3 runs:

12.056 @ 115.18
    11.765 @ 116.63
    11.847 @ 117.92

Here is the only good footage I have....

11.847 @ 117.92

As you can see I got a little loose, had I done a better burnout and not had to wait so long I should've ran 11.6xx

11.847 @ 117.92 - YouTube
    OP-Id like to offer a little guidance, I gave this info to many , this was response to watching the video, , when warming your tires, I do this every time , when the person running the water box motions you forward, roll through water, as I roll thru and know the rear tires are in water , blip the throttle so the rears give a quick spin and continue forward until you know your out of the water and stop, manually brake stand burnout from first to second gear at 5500, and keep rpms just over 5500, watch the drivers side rear view for smoke rising from tires, when you see the smoke let go of the brake and ride the burnout out keeping the gas pedal just about floored, you will lift the throttle as you get about 15 feet from the tree , and at that point and decent prep , you will here a “skreech”from the tire, they are now perfectly clean and warmed up. during all of this make sure you are right in the groove as well, most importantly, watch the guy in front of you, 1- hope they have drag radials, street tires should go around the water, if not all they do is drag water up to the tree for everyone else to deal with, I will literally pull up to staging lanes looking at who’s in the two lanes in front of me, more importantly their tires, and pull behind the guy with drag radials 2-the racers in front of you do just about all the above, I have been victim of people dragging water up from the box too many times , it’s a wasted pass ..
    Hope this helps, been racing for more long time , this is my ritual , 1.4x 60’ s from my N/A Trans am, all 346 cubes worth
    And I cut 1.74 60’ in my HC lower airbox and drag radials only Challenger Scat Pack

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Double tap View Post
    OP-Id like to offer a little guidance, I gave this info to many , this was response to watching the video, , when warming your tires, I do this every time , when the person running the water box motions you forward, roll through water, as I roll thru and know the rear tires are in water , blip the throttle so the rears give a quick spin and continue forward until you know your out of the water and stop, manually brake stand burnout from first to second gear at 5500, and keep rpms just over 5500, watch the drivers side rear view for smoke rising from tires, when you see the smoke let go of the brake and ride the burnout out keeping the gas pedal just about floored, you will lift the throttle as you get about 15 feet from the tree , and at that point and decent prep , you will here a “skreech”from the tire, they are now perfectly clean and warmed up. during all of this make sure you are right in the groove as well, most importantly, watch the guy in front of you, 1- hope they have drag radials, street tires should go around the water, if not all they do is drag water up to the tree for everyone else to deal with, I will literally pull up to staging lanes looking at who’s in the two lanes in front of me, more importantly their tires, and pull behind the guy with drag radials 2-the racers in front of you do just about all the above, I have been victim of people dragging water up from the box too many times , it’s a wasted pass ..
    Hope this helps, been racing for more long time , this is my ritual , 1.4x 60’ s from my N/A Trans am, all 346 cubes worth
    And I cut 1.74 60’ in my HC lower airbox and drag radials only Challenger Scat Pack
    Thanks brother, I'll try that out next time.

I'm hoping to run 11.399 or faster next time!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't already have one, get a Tazer for the line lock feature. It will make your burnouts more consistent and your rear brakes will thank you.
    2018 Destroyer Grey Charger Scatpack
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Hellcat Lower Air Box
    Per4mance Development Diff Brace
    Tazer
    Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs

12.03 @ 113.09 1.75 60' Stock Full Weight 3/6/19

Dusterhoff Tuned 445 RWHP 451 RWTQ 4/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    This is how I do my burnouts. About 5-6 seconds at 5000-5500 RPM. As soon as I see smoke I release the line lock and ride it out to the starting line.

This was my 12.03 stock run against a Challenger Hellcat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12