Manton Pushrods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri_mar View Post
    Yes I still am running this combo. Matter of fact just hit new pb of 10.84. Still stock bottom end.
    Incredible! Huge props, but c'mon, tips please!
    Likes Chri_mar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much tips I can give, this combo was never supposed to work well together as the head and cam package was for n/a setup. For some reason it seems to work well together.
    When I first did supercharger my goal was high 11's or low 12's as that was what I was told to expect. Kind of surprised me to be running stock hellcat times with lower hp.
    , hotchkis sways, BT catchcan, ,Corsa Sport cat-back, BC coilovers, 3.06 getrag LSD, chin spoiler, rear diffuser, whiteline suspension bushings. AMG paddle shifter kit, BBk shorty headers, PPP stage 3 head and cam (215/223 591/573 113LSA*), edelbrock supercharger. tuned by AJ.

PB 12.98 @ 108mph N/A
    345 whp and 323 TQ N/A
    523 whp and 513 TQ Supercharged
    PB 10.84 @ 125 mph SC
    1.54 60 ft time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri_mar View Post
    Not much tips I can give, this combo was never supposed to work well together as the head and cam package was for n/a setup. For some reason it seems to work well together.
    When I first did supercharger my goal was high 11's or low 12's as that was what I was told to expect. Kind of surprised me to be running stock hellcat times with lower hp.
    I'm so confused haha. But that's incredible for you man, congrats. Looking at your setup, you have to be getting massive gains from those heads/cam. Obviously AJ's tune is working for you too. Very cool.

I'm running 9+lbs with my Whipple on a '17 Charger 5.7 and my current best pass is 12.5 @ 111 w/ a 1.90 60ft. Conditions weren't ideal and I'm still learning my car but, still, huge difference. That's on the stock Whipple tune. I'm in the process of getting a real tune now - Hoping that will help me get to 12.1/12.2 on 93 pump. Will seriously have to look into heads/cam combos when I forge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish they were still around. I'm now on the market for heads/cam and noticed PPP had a lot of fast customers. They would be an interesting option. Congrats on new PB
    Thanks Chri_mar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some that have cracked 11's with unopened 5.7 vvt motors. I'd say your biggest issue is launching with 1.9 60 ft time. You should be about a sec quicker in the full quarter mile. Is that street tire? Stock cars are hitting 1.8's

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    I wish they were still around. I'm now on the market for heads/cam and noticed PPP had a lot of fast customers. They would be an interesting option. Congrats on new PB
    They did have some good options at the time. Customer service or lack thereof killed them in the end. Went out of business not long after me buying this combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Launching is definitely my biggest obstacle. Getting better but only have a half dozen passes in this car to date, last two on a radial. Full weight I think 12.3/12.4 is the best possible effort with maybe a 1.7 60ft on my current setup. Haven't seen anyone run Hellcat times (~11.7) with a full weight supercharged 5.7 on a stock bottom end.

Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely need more seat time and perhaps a better drag tire setup.
    My 13’ 5.7 car on a 100shot (450rwhp) has ran a best of 11.4 @120 with minimal weight reduction.

It took me lots of passes to learn how to launch it on the spray out of the hole. First time out was 12.8 and after about 4 more track days I got it whittled down to 11.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Btp 2332, dcmx5, Chri_mar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did better a few weeks ago - Five passes at Atco, every single one 12.2 @ 115mph. Getting a race gas/93 mix tune dialed in now and maybe that will get me to an 11.9.

This thread has me researching the hell out of head/cam combos now, even those that maybe shouldn't work on paper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Air was pretty good at Atco wish I could have made it there. Your car is pretty consistent at least, good for bracket racing. Good luck on your search for a good combo, lots of good choices out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last October I ran a 12.5 at 107. No traction -2.3 60ft times. Running 10 lbs with Eagle heads and 268 Comp cam. I think what alot of people miss on the late 6.4 and 5.7 is the eight speed trans is a big improvement than the Nag I have. Im switching to better wheels and tires with a blower cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 8 speed definitely helps the newer cars. Although with the nag 1 can stay with the stock hellcats I have run against. They shine more on the top end I would think.

Post Thanks / Like
    November 23, 2019 - YouTube
    Little fun with newer hellcat in a bracket race.
    Last edited by Chri_mar; 11-23-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    chri-mar those are fantastic times. Are the heads ported? What wheel and tire combo are you using to get it to hook?
    Likes SCOTT57RT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemihackman thanks, yes they are ported and polished big valve heads. Rear tires are 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson Street R drag radial 26 inch tall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12