PDA

View Full Version : It had to happen eventually - speeding ticket and warning

ronneyf
12-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Got me a ticket! 75 in a 55, something I've done a thousand times before in my old Tahoe Z71. How does this one start...DPS says "That's a fine looking car." I'm thinking, oh boy, I'm just getting a warning on this one. He proceeds to write the ticket and comes back, following up with, "This car just looks better and better the more I look at it. I haven't seen anything that looks like this before, I really like it."

Compliment translation - you're the only a**hole out here with a car that looks like this and I'm watching for you every single day. Good luck!

Guess I'll have to stick to exhibition of acceleration at traffic lights.

05MagnumRT
12-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Guess you'll need a good lawyer. Hey, wait a minute!!! :)

Sorry to hear it, where'd it happen? I thought I was going to get my first one with this car a couple days ago on the Tollway. State Trooper was hiding backed up the unused onramp at Headquarters. He stayed there, so I guess I wasn't going quite fast enough for him (about 75 in a 60).

44MAGNUMHarry
12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
OUCH !! Sorry to hear about it, Ron. Where did he get you ? (no body parts I hope)
I just picked up a Beltronics FX2 accelerometer at Circuit City ($99.00) I almost got nailed by Plano's finest while out "testing". My Valentine 1 woke me up and I shut it down and saw him in the Uhaul parking lot (Tollway/Plano Pkwy)
Well, no testing this morning with the sleet and snow. I'm taking my wife's Caravan to work. Magnum stays safe inside.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas,. Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Winter Solstice,Happy Boxing Day..........I could go on, but why?
-Harry

ronneyf
12-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Tollway just north of Beltline. He paced me FROM behind...it was 10:15 and I was just going home FROM the office on my 9th 14 hour day in a row. I was ready to get home to say the least.

I thought the Tollway was 60 everywhere, but he quickly corrected me for that, 55 in Dallas county, 60 in Collin County. Oh well. I drove the MDX down today myself...give the Mag and the DPS a rest!

I'm pretty swamped through middle of January, but we should all get together again.