PDA

View Full Version : side mouldings

mcgolf
05-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Just got done pulling the side moulding off my mag. Oh sh&^^T, there is these tiny little bubbles in the paint. they real easy to pop.the minute that you touch them the paint chips.So do I put nrw mouldings on OR have the doors painted? Any HELP!!!!!!

HemiLover
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Dude you have just experienced the nightmare reported by a few that made all our butts pucker when we did ours.... I and many others got lucky.
Yes, you have two choices - put the moldings back on or paint! Apparently this problem is caused at the factory by the moldings being put on before the paint has cured.
If you decide to re-mold, look at the charger moldings, the look better and have no chrome, just not sure if they will fit.
Tough break man...we all feel badly for ya

Junior
05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Dang, that really stinks. Sorry to hear it...

The only thing I can say is to give it a week or so without them to see if you like the way it looks without the moldings - that might help you decide whether to put them back on or not...

Painting the doors is probably a fair chunk of change. Are the Mag moldings ruined by the removal? The Charger ones are still good, but they don't have the chrome strip, so I don't know... If you do replace the moldings, I'd suggest you rub out all the bubbles and use some primer or paint to dot those spots (and let it cure) before you put new moldings back on. Otherwise you may get corrosion starting there, and not know it, hidden by the strips...

That's a drag, man - hope it works out.

Paradog
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
take it back to the dealer and have them fix it

magnumdude
05-28-2007, 11:25 PM
should be fixed under warranty

oldschool
09-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Seriously? My mouldings are getting dirty and I am worried about finding bubbles and getting screwed. WOuld they be pissed if I found it only because I chose to remove my mouldings instead of leaving them?

Paradog
09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Well the general thought is that the moldings are attached to the paint via double sided tape...if it removes the paint then the paint was not properly cured before appling the molding...therefore the error is the manufacturer. Tell the dealer that teh moldings were turning colors...you removed them, and if there are bubbles, you expect the dealership to fix it...PERIOD!

vinny68
09-04-2007, 10:04 AM
As far as i know, so far nobody has ever been able to get a dealer to fix this under warranty.