PDA

View Full Version : Car show at the Armadillo Mall 2/17

armadillo
01-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey Houston owners, if you are interested in showing your car in the car show at my place on the 17th & 18th of Feb please let me know, the show is inside our events center, we also could host a LX get together in the parking lot the same day. Please pm me or e-mail me at [email protected] for more info http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Freakin_Front0107.jpg

MomsR/T
01-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Frank Racing will be there.................

What can we do to host the M&G?

We would like to maybe discuss putting up a canopy, table, and smoker/grill and hosting the LX-MOPAR tail gate party.

Partner with HEAT?

moparman53
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I wish I could come down, but it's too soon to take more vacation.

armadillo
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Frank Racing will be there.................

What can we do to host the M&G?

We would like to maybe discuss putting up a canopy, table, and smoker/grill and hosting the LX-MOPAR tail gate party.

Partner with HEAT?
I like it, lets work on that, I can set aside as many as 200-300 parking places and have a grass area of about 4 acres that we could use for the grill, canopy, table, area for the kids etc.
I'll try to reach Kelly

MomsR/T
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
cool.................I was think HEAT and FRI could split soda, meat, etc. costs and have a table out there showing our "talents" and talking to people about products.

We pull the cars around us.............

Take turns visiting the show inside............

armadillo
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
cool.................I was think HEAT and FRI could split soda, meat, etc. costs and have a table out there showing our "talents" and talking to people about products.

We pull the cars around us.............

Take turns visiting the show inside............
OK, talked to Kelly he is in, we will work out the details, sometime in the next week or so, maybe you can come out here and we can plan the M&G details.

SRT BEE
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Houston owners, if you are interested in showing your car in the car show at my place on the 17th & 18th of Feb please let me know, the show is inside our events center, we also could host a LX get together in the parking lot the same day. Please pm me or e-mail me at [email protected] for more info http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Freakin_Front0107.jpg

I'd sure love to get the BEE in there - I am also interested in helping out John -- let us know..

I will wrestle Freebird as well-- he will say YES for sure !!

Redfox0099
01-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Wish I could be there.

MomsR/T
01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd sure love to get the BEE in there - I am also interested in helping out John -- let us know..

I will wrestle Freebird as well-- he will say YES for sure !!

Bee - n - Bird...............help US out. We'll need the tent and such............we can use Silversteel's smoker and my grill..........I have that HUUUUUGE ice chess and long table.

We have some chairs and stuff.................

Horseshoes?
Waterballoon toss?

I have some ideas............

Arch Stanton
01-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a 10x10 EZ-up that I use to tailgate with along with a couple of folding tables, a few camp chairs and a portable gas grill.

Not sure if I'm free that weekend yet though.

MomsR/T
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

FreebirdSRT
01-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I am so in for this one. Armadillo, let me and SRTBEE know how we can help in any way. We are here for ya. :racing:

Bo
01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm in..... even if I am in Austin by then, I will be back in Houston on the weekends for a couple of months. As for the car...... ???????
I'll help in any way possible....

--Bo

SRT BEE
01-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm in..... even if I am in Austin by then, I will be back in Houston on the weekends for a couple of months. As for the car...... ???????

--Bo

YEAH !!!:chickdance: :rock: :banana: :banana: :hammer: :hammer:

06SilverSteel
01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I'll try my best to make it....I have to work that weekend, days though so I could make an evening appearance unless I can get someone to shift trade with me and make the whole day.

armadillo
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I am so in for this one. Armadillo, let me and SRTBEE know how we can help in any way. We are here for ya. :racing:

Thanks I will be getting with everyone as soon as possible to make this thing as big as we can get it. It is a great chance to show what we can do, I would like to make this a regular thing. I am willing to do some further $$ for trophys etc, providing someone can provide the judging. I can also provide indoor spots for vendors if they wish, please spread the word. I will plug this on our tv ads and radio spots as much as I can.
http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Freakin_Back0107[1].jpg

armadillo
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM

--Bo
Bo, thanks, looking forward to seeing you, will pm you, can you contact John H to see if he can provide some of his awesome rides.

MomsR/T
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
let Bo judge.....................he is a respectable 3rd part, knows these cars inside and out, and is impartial.

Bo gets my vote!

armadillo
01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
let Bo judge.....................he is a respectable 3rd part, knows these cars inside and out, and is impartial.

Bo gets my vote!
Works for me, if he is game, let's get the catagories together, and I'll work on some trophies and you and Kelly regarding some prizes or t-shirts if we can come up with something.

FreeLantz
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey fellas, I'm posting to let you all know I've mentioned this meet on DodgeTalk and am trying to get some of those guys to come out too.:thumbs_u:

armadillo
01-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey fellas, I'm posting to let you all know I've mentioned this meet on DodgeTalk and am trying to get some of those guys to come out too.:thumbs_u:

Thanks, I'll be contacting you to work out some details.

armadillo
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
a quick update:
Thanks for all the interest, I am going to be posting the details within the next few days, I want to meet with all the M&G sponsors and plan the event out with details on prizes and so on.
The car show inside will be roll in on Friday and the show itself is Sat & Sunday, the car show is a separate promotion, there should be some awesome cars there. I can keep the inside cars secure, we have 24 hour security. I would like to open the meet and greet to both days also so everyone who would like to attend can do so. I will not drop the ball on this, just have a lot of planning to do.
Parking for the meet and greet: I will have a separate gate open just for the meet and greet and will have a large area in the parking lot reserved. This area will be at the end of the mall nearest to the event center where the inside car show is. Detailed driving and parking info will be posted

STAGE 3 R/T
01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
man I wish I could make this one, just not sure how my car would handel the drive from Hawaii! Lol

armadillo
01-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Details details, if you do make the drive I guarantee the furthest drive trophy will be awarded to you:not_worth

man I wish I could make this one, just not sure how my car would handel the drive from Hawaii! Lol

STAGE 3 R/T
01-24-2007, 02:31 PM
haha don't think my car will last in the water that well!

Details details, if you do make the drive I guarantee the furthest drive trophy will be awarded to you:not_worth

Arch Stanton
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Doing it on both days would be outstanding. As it looks now, I may have something else going that Saturday.

armadillo
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Doing it on both days would be outstanding. As it looks now, I may have something else going that Saturday.
Will look for you on Sunday

armadillo
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
More info to come, but here is the latest flyer, http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Mopar Meet & Greet.jpg (http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Mopar%20Meet%20&%20Greet.jpg)

charginscott
01-28-2007, 01:09 AM
I`m trying to get off from work it`s looking better for Sunday for the m&g for me.

Scott

charginscott
01-28-2007, 10:14 AM
You know what we need? We need GRINNER
GRINNER ,GRINNER , GRINNER, GRINNER, GRINNER

To get him down here video taping , it would get him some exposure and us too. Maybe someone from the local stations might see someone they might like to do some work for them.Something as big as this might be the break he desirves.

GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER

:not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth

Scott

armadillo
01-28-2007, 10:55 AM
You know what we need? We need GRINNER
GRINNER ,GRINNER , GRINNER, GRINNER, GRINNER

To get him down here video taping , it would get him some exposure and us too. Maybe someone from the local stations might see someone they might like to do some work for them.Something as big as this might be the break he desirves.

GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER GRINNER

:not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth

Scott
We will be having Planet Racing Filming inside and some out side, but if there is a way I'll find out if he is available and what it would take to get him here.

grinner
01-28-2007, 01:21 PM
dang the timing.
I'd looove to be there. Already tied up those days.
You gonna have any events this summer?

budder06
01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
That's great! Count me in as I will be there to show off "budder" (my car's name)

Looking forward to it!
Thanks armadillo!

moparman53
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Again, I wish I could attend, but I can't because I work damn near every Sat.

1BADC
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
I think I'll be coming with 2 other LX'ers. Thinking about coming on Saturday. We'll see.

armadillo
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Again, I wish I could attend, but I can't because I work damn near every Sat.
we are doing a 2 day event with as big a prize, trophy's and give a way program on both days, I have goodies lined up from Corporate Chrysler and Heat Performance and others.

Redfox0099
01-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I will be showing my car at the East Texas Car Show in my hometown of Tyler that weekend...if i can get the car running again :(

armadillo
01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
I think I'll be coming with 2 other LX'ers. Thinking about coming on Saturday. We'll see.
Great, look forward to seeing you.

armadillo
02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Here is the latest, we have added a live radio remote and are getting more sponsors by the hour please pass the word
http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Mopar Meet & Greet.pdf (http://members.cox.net/jlw4/Mopar Meet & Greet.pdf)

charginscott
02-01-2007, 10:05 PM
If anyone from the Alvin, Pearland Friendswood erea is going Sunday maybe we could hook up and caravan up there. It would be awesome to see a bunch of LXs rolling up 45 to the M&G.

sCOTT

charginscott
02-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Armadillo - I put a few flyers at my wifes store and she said she had a few people ask about the show. I couldn`t put too many flyers there as it is against policy but she said a few aren`t bad.Put some more out there today.
If anyone is in the Webster erea , my wife runs the Diamond Shamrock on Medic and Hiway 3, her name is Jan, Stop in and say hi and let her know your from the forum so she can tell me.

Scott