PDA

View Full Version : Broken winshield

Scatpackdiamond
08-30-2016, 09:23 PM
So I came out of work and BAM. 14 inch Crack from a rock chip in my windshield. Question is. How do I get my insurance to replace with the right glass with the challenger silhouette? They seem to want to send a guy to my work and do some quick fix Bulls hit. :banghead:

Neo1130
08-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Just tell that that's what you want... You don't HAVE to use the company your insurance WANTS you to use... It's illegal for them to MAKE you use a specific one... They can SUGGEST it... You MAY need to end up paying out of pocket some of the difference... State Farm covered me 100% on my Jeep however...

Scatpackdiamond
08-31-2016, 09:20 AM
Thanks, I'll call them today and be more assertive

eagle-co94
08-31-2016, 11:01 AM
Expect them to only cover the generic glass. You'll have to pay extra if you want OEM.

Neo1130
08-31-2016, 09:44 PM
Expect them to only cover the generic glass. You MAY have to pay extra if you want OEM.

As I said, State Farm AND Progressive have both covered my Jeep's windshield... It was on back-order each time but I have $0 deductible on glass and didn't have to pay extra for the logo'd glass... I was told by State Farm that if it came factory (they can tell by the vin) then they will cover it... If it has non-logo'd glass and you want to put a logo'd windshield in, you will have to pay...

eagle-co94
08-31-2016, 10:00 PM
As I said, State Farm AND Progressive have both covered my Jeep's windshield... It was on back-order each time but I have $0 deductible on glass and didn't have to pay extra for the logo'd glass... I was told by State Farm that if it came factory (they can tell by the vin) then they will cover it... If it has non-logo'd glass and you want to put a logo'd windshield in, you will have to pay...
I didn't ask him who is insurance company is, but if your vehicle is a popular model there are aftermarket glass options and they're normally cheaper that OEM so some insurance companies go for the low cost option. It's OEM spec, just different logos.

Neo1130
08-31-2016, 10:22 PM
Yes, they will tell him he cannot but if it CAME stock on his car with the logos, he has the right to get the same glass and insurance will pay... If he had standard glass, then no logos unless he pays...

eagle-co94
08-31-2016, 10:29 PM
It depends on the policy. That's not a blanket statement so I hope you're not setting him up for disappointment.

Neo1130
08-31-2016, 10:40 PM
True but it does fall under the fact of "repairing to pre-loss condition."

The standard for repair is like kind and quality, and pre-loss condition. If your insurance won't do this, can them... What are they doing for you? It's things like this in the future (whether some believe it or not) that people will look for if the car ever becomes a collector...

http://www.medinecollision.com/blog-collision-repair--Baton-Rouge/bid/99412/Pre-Loss-Condition

eagle-co94
09-01-2016, 07:37 AM
..."repairing to pre-loss condition."

The standard for repair is like kind and quality, and pre-loss condition...

That's the exact definition of OEM spec! That's how some attendant parts after lasted as OEM spec where others are not.

Scatpackdiamond
09-07-2016, 12:11 PM
So, sorry about the delay. They did fix it with the stock glass that has a Mopar serial number and challenger profile. My deductible was only $50

Neo1130
09-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Did you have to fight or argue? What was your insurance co?

Scatpackdiamond
09-08-2016, 09:01 AM
No not really, just made sure as they were finalising my appointment that I will be getting that exact windshield. Geiko