PDA

View Full Version : Someone boosted my car in Toronto

hecatomb
07-13-2015, 12:28 PM
A couple months ago I began emailing Adam from Authentic Performance because I was interested in supercharging my car. Several emails later and a fairly reasonable estimate was sent my way. In addition to the blower, Adam was also going to upgrade my fuel pump, injectors, change out a couple sensors, as well as pull heads for inspection and valvetrain swap out. With assistance from (or assisting) AJ hemituner, Adam was going to dyno tune my car.

Once my car was dropped off Adam and I moved away from emails and I started receiving text messages with updates from Adam. This really helped me keep my sanity while being away from my car. Pretty much every milestone had a picture or two of the progress. I can't express how appreciative I am.

I get very anxious when it comes to my car and I'm a big fan of communication and updates. This usually comes off as impatience and I definitely didn't tone it down for Adam. He was very understanding and was excellent at satisfying my need for info.

I was starting to see some occasional knock prior to blower installation. On the drive up, while going 120 km/h, I was only getting 15 - 15.5 mpg. Now there is absolutely no knock and I was getting 18 mpg on the ride home with the a/c cranked (and will chirp the tires at highway speeds).

I had the privilege of meeting Glen as well. I was able to get some great info from Adam and Glen regarding my build and overall direction. My experience with Authentic Performance was one of the best ones I've had with any shop. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable shop. I'm looking forward to bringing my car back to them next time my car needs some work.

Now for the big payoff. At 11.25 psi with my d1 procharger my car put down 620.62 whp and max torque was 590.58.

Thanks again Adam, Glen and AJ.

Woodster
07-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Great results! Glen, Adam and AJ are stand up guys. You must be grinning from ear to ear!

hecatomb
07-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Oh yeah, she sounds so awesome. I haven't been to the track with her yet but hopefully I will be going this weekend. I'm getting really good smiles per gallon right now!

FlyByU
07-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Congrats

All c'd up
07-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Congrats, looking forwrd to the 1/4 mile times

Velocity
07-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Yikes! :drool: Are those numbers on the stock displacement and internals? Either way they're awesome! Enjoy that! I'd love to supercharge mine someday...after it turns into a Challenger that is.

hecatomb
07-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Yikes! :drool: Are those numbers on the stock displacement and internals? Either way they're awesome! Enjoy that! I'd love to supercharge mine someday...after it turns into a Challenger that is.

That's with a forged pwr 392. I've been slowly building her up to handle the power. Once the rear end is done I'm going to increase the boost and hopefully get towards 780 whp. I'd love to did it with a challenger too. They are beautiful cars