PDA

View Full Version : 7 reasons why you don't want to own a Hellcat

fnkychkn
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
http://www.torquenews.com/106/7-reasons-why-you-really-dont-want-own-2015-hellcat-challenger

notton_08
12-09-2014, 11:35 AM
All look like reason why I want one (and will have one here shortly :mrgreen:) except for the gas and insurance.

R/Tony
12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
haters will do their job....

if the first "why" (the price) would'nt be an issue, I would have already ordered one :(

MrC1
12-09-2014, 12:32 PM
1. It's Expensive – Yes, somewhat. Leasing it will help me quite a bit on the monthly payment.
2. It's Terrible in the Snow – I believe this, but we only get about 5 days a year of snow/ice in Dallas. I'll live.
3. You Will Spend a Fortune on Tires – Tires will be a problem. I'm hopeful this won't kill me.
4. You Will Spend a Bigger Fortune on Gas – Probably not more than $50 a month more than I spend now with the 6.4L.
5. You Will Spend a Fortune on Insurance – Not true. I got a quote ona new Viper and it was only $189 a year more than my Charger SRT.
6. Other Muscle Car Owners Will Hate You – Not true. Those that will hate aren't true friends anyway.
7. It Just Isn't for Everyone - Agree. Most people are morons that find driving difficult. These are the people that buy a car for nothing more than basic transportation. They know nothing about cars and couldn't care less. This doesn't apply to any of us...or any Hellcat buyer!

BTW, I do understand this was intended to be a joke. :)

TheAxe
12-09-2014, 12:33 PM
This is my favorite:

6. Other Muscle Car Owners Will Hate You*– Do you have friends who own a Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro or even another Dodge Challenger? If you get the Hellcat Challenger, you wont have those friends anymore, as they will quickly get tired of you stomping them and making them look bad. For the same reason average women hate supermodels – average muscle car owners will hate you when you own a Hellcat Challenger.

TNCHARGER
12-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, 6 was my favorite too....as for being haters make sure to read the last part where they mention the list was just a joke....they really like the HellCat and are actually praising it's performance....

smackdownsrt
12-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Full time drag radials. That's it.

XFR SRT8
12-09-2014, 06:03 PM
I stopped reading after I read the title:

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/killalldude/dfhdfh.gif

FloridaRT
12-09-2014, 06:44 PM
I can't afford it anyway.......................................

But I want one!

Bob

gr8crash
12-10-2014, 08:20 AM
I saw this article a couple months ago I laughed with the snow. My Charger RT did awesome, and never got stuck while I had it in PA and in Boston, even drove over Vail summit during a snow storm with no problem. Even my Challenger did fine when we had snow in the desert of CA last yr. If you have this car and it snows, this would be one of the perfect time to use the 500hp menu button and or enter it into valet mode so the ESC stays on, and it keeps your starting in 2nd gear.

someotherguy
12-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Anybody that got miffed and didn't read the article, is missing out on a JOKE piece that was written by someone that is NOT a Hellcat hater. :) Lighten up folks...

Richard

SquirrelySrt
12-12-2014, 04:33 PM
When you apply the word "Want", nothing else is pertinent.

We all wanted our cars, nothing else mattered. Give and take with everything, but we always Take the left lane. :racing:

Rez
12-14-2014, 07:56 AM
Love it!

I have the same tires on my SRT Magnum, I managed to stretch them to 25k miles :)