PDA

View Full Version : Brass Monkey Wheels - not shown on build and price on dodge.com

hemiwagn
10-06-2014, 11:37 AM
-- perhaps late availability?

Also I note that the sunroof option is not on available for build and price either.

fnkychkn
10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Are you building and pricing? :)

rtr0id
10-06-2014, 12:09 PM
he is trying to find the weights

hemiwagn
10-06-2014, 12:12 PM
he is trying to find the weights

yes, brass is heavy you know......

no not building and pricing......yet. Still dreaming.
No real point in taking delivery around here in the winter.
But I'm doin' my homework!

mr. jason
10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
it's always like that, you have to go to the dealer to get the full menu, you have to go to the dealer to order it.

RonVpr
10-13-2014, 01:03 AM
Brass Monkey COLORED wheels are not available yet. I'm waiting to order mine with this option too.

notton_08
10-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Apparently there will be a long wait (till beginning to mid 2015) for several options most of us want. We got kick back from the manufacturer (according to my dealer) that the sunroof, black sepia interior, and maybe a couple of other things, won't be in the first or second batch of hellcats. I'm sure mid to late 2015 all the remaining "add-ons" will be available to the car.

eagle-co94
10-13-2014, 11:26 AM
I love the color of those wheels. I can only imagine what a used set of them will go for.

rayzazoo05
10-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Brass Monkey Rims - Nov-Dec 2014 timeframe
Sunroof - April 2015
Laguna Leather - future orders on hold due to supply
Black Satin Hood - delayed, possibly available in November
B5 Blue - available November 2014 or sooner
Redline Pearl - available now

monkey
10-13-2014, 12:06 PM
i wonder why the sunroof is delayed?

rayzazoo05
10-13-2014, 01:25 PM
i wonder why the sunroof is delayed?

I'm leaning toward high speed durability issues and a need to revamp the part. After all, you can still get it on the rest of the lineup (hence, not really a supply issue).

ProfeZZor X
10-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Apparently there will be a long wait (till beginning to mid 2015) for several options most of us want. We got kick back from the manufacturer (according to my dealer) that the sunroof, black sepia interior, and maybe a couple of other things, won't be in the first or second batch of hellcats. I'm sure mid to late 2015 all the remaining "add-ons" will be available to the car.

That's fine by me... I don't plan on getting my Hellcat Charger until this time next year or spring of 2016. I regret not shopping around at other dealerships for a sunroof on my 05 Maggy, so that's not going to happen again this time around. Even though I'm 46 now, I'm planning on making this the very last car I ever buy. I mean really, how do you pass up the opportunity to buy world's most powerful sedan? Almost everyone will be trying to jump on this car. Because starting in another 8 years, I gotta put all three kids through college. So like I did before I married the wife, it's better to get all the toys paid for before I have to make another long term financial investment.

This time around though, I'll be sure to order my Hellcat with all the bells and whistles so I won't regret anything later on.

MrC1
10-15-2014, 05:41 PM
A salesman told me:
1) The sunroof was deleted due to the torque on the body from the powerful engine. (riiight)
2) The Brass Monkey wheels are going to be a late release.
3) Dodge wasn't ready for the extremem demand and ran out of black hoods and sepia leather. (riiiight)

Who knows what's true. Probably no fact in any of that.

rayzazoo05
10-16-2014, 04:00 PM
-Sepia Leather should be good now.
-Brass Monkey Rims - December 2014.
-Black Satin Hood was delayed due to supply; cars with this option are in D status still.
-Sunroof is delayed (everything so far indicates a need for a redesign from the supplier due to high speed issues); April 2015 release
-B5 blue is slated for November release
-Brampton Plant shuts down next week to retool for the 2015 Charger.

ProfeZZor X
11-05-2014, 01:04 PM
A salesman told me:
1) The sunroof was deleted due to the torque on the body from the powerful engine. (riiight)
2) The Brass Monkey wheels are going to be a late release.
3) Dodge wasn't ready for the extremem demand and ran out of black hoods and sepia leather. (riiiight)

Who knows what's true. Probably no fact in any of that.

I agree that that's definitely not true. I've recently seen track runs on Youtube http://youtu.be/iKE8dyuMasg where you clearly see the sunroof from the top of the car, and open inside of the car while the host is driving and narrating.