PDA

View Full Version : Scat Pack packages for pre-2014 vehicles

Sector 2
12-23-2013, 06:14 AM
I have a 2013 Charger R/T....will these packages be available for order for prior '14 cars? I would think so......thanks

Devils6
01-16-2014, 03:03 PM
i was just thinking the same thing. i also have a 2013 Charger R/T

modernmuscle
01-16-2014, 03:31 PM
I have heard rumors that they will have pacakges, But why would you want to? You hard earned dollars will go a lot further and get better performance then anything that mopar could offer.

6Shooter
01-16-2014, 03:40 PM
I have heard rumors that they will have pacakges, But why would you want to? You hard earned dollars will go a lot further and get better performance then anything that mopar could offer.

While the dollars are still an unknown although I'm sure they'll be a lot worse - it might be, and can't recall reading, if it's a warranty issue, i.e. not voiding your factory one that may make it more attractive, one stop shopping with the "factory" tune? Access to a wider and hopefully consistent delivery network of certified shops that will do this work? - just spit balling here ...

mjorgensen
01-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Probably warrant-able for certain parts, but not for "p" parts designation according to this in the Mopar warranty;

Mopar Performance Parts with part numbers beginning with “P” are sold “as-is” without warranty
coverage of any kind byMopar unless otherwise noted.

6Shooter
01-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Probably warrant-able for certain parts, but not for "p" parts designation according to this in the Mopar warranty;

Mopar Performance Parts with part numbers beginning with “P” are sold “as-is” without warranty

Oh I've seen that many a time, I'm just hoping there will be an emmendment to this clauss where if a "certified shop" i.e dealer, does the labour, the warrantly will still be intact. I just can't see it from a logic point of view given a factory tuned pcm as part of the packages, if they start voiding warranties. But then again, logic is sometimes lacking.

mjorgensen
01-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh I've seen that many a time, I'm just hoping there will be an emmendment to this clauss where if a "certified shop" i.e dealer, does the labour, the warrantly will still be intact. I just can't see it from a logic point of view given a factory tuned pcm as part of the packages, if they start voiding warranties. But then again, logic is sometimes lacking.

It may be a factory tune, but if it is not CARB approved which would mean they could already be using it in the cars all bets are off.

Tikibeast
01-16-2014, 06:03 PM

Mopar Performance Parts with part numbers beginning with P are sold as-is without warranty

The forums are not entirely mobile friendly yet I see. Short version of the long post I lost, wouldn't it be counterintuitive for them to offer performance parts/packages and not warranty them? If you're going to void your warranty any way, who in their right mind would pay 50% more (I'm assuming) for the same numbers they would put down running Inertia/Arrington/HPP/etc parts?:grind:

MuscleCarProf
09-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Stage 1 is now available and works for the 2013 as well. See link:
http://www.moparproshop.com/scat_pack_stage_kits1