PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger for Autocross / Roadrace ?

MctPhoenix
12-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Anyone running a twin screw blower while autocrossing or roadracing? I've been dying to put a KB on my '08 Charger srt. This car will likely only see a dragstrip once a year at MoPars at the Strip but will likely see autocrossing several times a year. Thoughts are that the on-off power of a positive displacement blower will likely hinder performance on a relatively short autocross event... with trouble keeping the rear tires from breaking loose. Any thoughts?? Thanks, Mike

1FST4DR
12-02-2013, 04:34 PM
I have a customer with a 2.8 KB that was battling over heating issues.. Finally after a custom radiator, thermostat, Custom heat exchanger with custom fans, modifying the front fascia the over heating issues is finally under control. He does however regret
purchasing the supercharger. If he had to do it all over again he would have done a nasty 440..

SRT8U
12-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I have done quite a few events with my Vortech, actually will be doing one again here in about two weeks. That said, remember more power is not necessarily better for the road course, especially if you are new to it. I would suggest getting time behind the wheel with your car on the track as is first, and decide if you want more power. More power is fun, but also a real pain at times on track, and as Scott mentioned you also have more issues to contend with heat wise, belts to worry about etc etc.