LX Forums Forum banner

Four fast but ugly laps

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Adanac Charger 
#1 ·
Qualifying @ Road Atlanta

#3 ·
Damn, that was FUN !!! I'm dizzy.... What kind of top speeds were you running?? Car sounds great:beerchug:

#5 ·
Geez. . you were pushing it. . . . .nice!

#6 ·
Looks like a lot of fun! I don´t know the track at all, but it seems like its going up and down a lot and that puts you at a disadvantage with you heavy car, nevertheless when things got a bit out of hand you kept your foot in it and steared through, not many drivers does that, even racecar drivers...
Well done and it really looked like so much fun!

Fredrik:thumbs_u:

#8 · (Edited)
Very nice Joel!

A) Sometimes you have to do the ugly ones to know the car's reaction when you get into that caliber of driving (I didnt think they were ugly at all, just pushing it)

B) Sometimes you have to do ugly ones for Flag, Country and for the sheer essence of getting your balls wet! ;)

C) I always love the passes on Porsches, So keep em' coming! Old Joke: "Porcupines have the pricks on the outside, Porsches have the pricks on the inside!"

D) I loved the save just before entering the esses

E) You need a sponsor

Meech

PS- To anyone reading this, every time Joel posts a video, and you enjoy it, "like" it This is social media and sponsors like drivers who have followers Joel, I'm going to call you with an idea that will help you in this area, you have lots of talent

Reactions: bklynmag
#14 ·
Outstanding! Fun watching you pass that Corvette and Porche! So what is that car? Stick shift with Challenger dash, but full door window frames? ??

#15 ·
Nice recovery on lap 3! It's amazing how these cars can handle with the right man behind the wheel. Thanks for letting us ride shotgun with the video! :)

#19 ·
Great video! As Meech said, Cheshire grin as you passed the 996 with the BAW. Having driven that track hundreds of times virtually on Forza 4 *cough* what's it like dropping down out of 11? I've had a few reset moments there. Bereft of any g-force sensation, is that blind corner as daunting as I imagine it is?

#20 ·
I am really surprised at how small the actual factory openings in the grills are. on the top one is only open about half of the area to the radiator . and the bottom was only about a 3x32 so I opened it up to a 8X36 and closed off all the air escape routes I also found my oil cooler line was about pinched shut. Hopefully I will be able to run the whole race with out having to nursing it to keep it from running hot.

#22 · (Edited)
I went to the track today the car ran cool. now I might have a Areo issue . At around 140 mph the car get terrifyingly loose and darts back and forth and becomes almost uncontrolable feel like it's steering on both ends. I need to check my alignment first I hope the car is just toed out too much either way it's not raceable like it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.