PDA

View Full Version : August 6th Road Course HPD Event, NJMP Lightning

Meech
07-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm heading out to an HPDE on August 6th (Monday) at NJMP Lightning!

If you'd like to register use the following link:

High Performance Driving Schools, Lessons, Driving Experience, HPDE, Professional Driving School (http://www.hookedondriving.com/)

The Tech sheet for your car is here:

http://www.hookedondriving.com/downloads/Techical_Inspection.pdf

joelvan
07-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Have fun !!!!!

Meech
07-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Have fun !!!!!

I will! I saw your AIR on FACEBOOK! LOL Keep up the good work Joel!

t500hps
07-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Good luck, have fun....hope you win :wink:

Meech
07-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Good luck, have fun....hope you win :wink:

With my own checklist in hand, tools, a cool head, a cool hood, and a good pit man to keep me grounded, I can always learn more, I win by learning, therefore, with that approach to the humbling race gods, I may have already won!:thumbs_u:

Meech

Northern Rider
08-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Enjoy yourself, Meech!

Meech
08-04-2012, 07:06 AM
Enjoy yourself, Meech!

Sure will brother, going through my checklist today :thumbs_u:

mjr5150
08-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Have a blast brother !

bigjim
08-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Our cars LOVE Lightning, Turn 1 is MUCH faster than you think! Be careful and make the tires HOWL at every corner!

Meech
08-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Have a blast brother !

I will, going through the checklist today, I'll try and post some vids

Our cars LOVE Lightning, Turn 1 is MUCH faster than you think! Be careful and make the tires HOWL at every corner!

Jim, thanks, 93F+ on Monday with showers, hopefully car will behave as it did on Thunderbolt! Ive been studying the track, very technical like Thunderbolt but shorter Nitto R555-IIs get nice and sticky. Car was neutral with a slight push, so I'll see how she handles and adjust sways and coil overs accordingly.

Ron380
08-04-2012, 10:08 AM
As bigjim said, every time I went through Turn 1, I was going a little faster each time. Start slow (relatively speaking) and work your way up.

Also- watch out for Turn 5! It's a blind right-hander over a crest, and if you don't have the line quite right going in, you'll come over the top and find the track out your right-side window! :doh:
(Hey, I only did it once, okay?) ;)

Fun track, have a good time!

Meech
08-04-2012, 09:32 PM
As bigjim said, every time I went through Turn 1, I was going a little faster each time. Start slow (relatively speaking) and work your way up.

Also- watch out for Turn 5! It's a blind right-hander over a crest, and if you don't have the line quite right going in, you'll come over the top and find the track out your right-side window! :doh:
(Hey, I only did it once, okay?) ;)

Fun track, have a good time!

LOL, so Ive been told, I hope to get her lined up, and then execute! :thumbs_u: