PDA

View Full Version : Part throttle boost tuning, Magnacharger 6 psi kit?

1FASTSOFA
06-23-2012, 03:34 PM
How do you overcome the part throttle boost issue with the Magnacharger kits?

I plan on running 6 psi indefinitely without problems with fuel adjustments.

I have been told it's either a non-issue (from tuners), it's next to impossible to tune for part throttle boost, keep an eye on the A/F gauge at all times other than WOT, or use a part throttle fuel controller and tune specifically for PTB.

Not sure whom is correct or accurate in their information...:blam:

Red Bull SRT8
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Not sure what the big deal is on PTB. I understand its not good for our cars but I have the Magnacharger and for Daily Driving you can drive all day and even on the freeway and not go into boost. Even if I accelarate and get into a lb or 2 of boost its hard to tell unless I look at my boost guage. But you'll learn the throttle position and where bout the boost will start kicking in. on mine its bout 1/3 of the way down almost 1/2. Car actually feels stock just daily driving. Untill you floor it and wake the dead and start getting sideways.

legmaker
11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
OP - not sure how many different ways you are going to ask this same question, but luckily for you things have changed in the past few weeks in the tuning world and AJ and the Arrington crew now have the means to do COMPLETE tuning for all aspects of the PCM. My how things can change in just a month........

1FST4DR
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
The op posted this almost 6 months ago fyi. It was bumped today.. Damn noobs. Read before you post would ya?:-p

1FASTSOFA
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
lol sorry.. that was when I first got my 09 and realized there was an issue with PTB on these cars ( not so much anymore, I have read). Kind of was in a mini freak out mode rofl

OLJustice
11-28-2012, 07:59 AM
OP - not sure how many different ways you are going to ask this same question, but luckily for you things have changed in the past few weeks in the tuning world and AJ and the Arrington crew now have the means to do COMPLETE tuning for all aspects of the PCM. My how things can change in just a month........

I thought this was just for the 2nd Gens. Are you saying I can get a complete proper tune now on my 06 as well?

1FASTSOFA
11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
No they cannot, for now at least. I contacted ShopHemi about a fully tuned PCM like the ones for the newer LX cars, and they said not for now but possibly one day...

From what I have read online, no one has had any severe problems with part throttle boost (6-8 psi)