View Full Version : NASA June Jam Video

joelvan
06-17-2012, 06:33 AM
I finished 2nd in class
https://vimeo.com/44178751

hemiwagn
06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Great vid! congrats!
If you had a bit more power on the long straight maybe you would have been 1st!

Meech
06-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Loved the video Joel, Thanks for sharing that , nice run through the esses as well, clip them apexes man!

tick2791
06-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Great video. You beat them in the corners but that long staight gets lets them catch up. You must smoke them on tracks with shorter straights.

joelvan
06-17-2012, 04:14 PM
I am still having issues with the engine Im not sure what to do next. If you listen closely you can hear the engine drop a cyl or 2 when im pulling hard and it kills me on the straights. The SCCA race 3 weeks ago the car ran great after putting a crank sensor in it ran perfect the whole race.
This weekend It ran like it did before replacing the sensor right from the beginning listen to the difference of the sound of the Engine

https://vimeo.com/42519858
https://vimeo.com/44178751

joelvan
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I just sent in a sponsorship letter into Carbotech. I use their brake pads exclusively. if you watch my videos. I can out brake nearly every car going into turn 10. If they pick me up it will save me over 1k a season.
After a race I have a lot of competitors come to my and ask what kind of brakes
I have . I reply a completely Stock system with Carbotech pads .
Their reply is usually like,
(YOU ARE F---ING NUTS!!! I cannot believe you can go that deep in such big heavy car).

t500hps
06-20-2012, 09:33 PM
I use them too.....stock Brembos and XP12/10's. Last weekend I had a mustang guy in the passenger seat and after warming the tires I went in deep coming off the main stretch. His helmet went 1/2 way to the dash (full interior/seat belts). He busted out laughing and continued to do so throughout the session. His mustang is barely street legal as he's slowly turning it into a track car.......He was shocked my lap times were the same as his!!!!

I just sent in a sponsorship letter into Carbotech. I use their brake pads exclusively. if you watch my videos. I can out brake nearly every car going into turn 10. If they pick me up it will save me over 1k a season.
After a race I have a lot of competitors come to my and ask what kind of brakes
I have . I reply a completely Stock system with Carbotech pads .
Their reply is usually like,
(YOU ARE F---ING NUTS!!! I cannot believe you can go as deep in the big heavy car).

charginscott
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Awesome video bro. Makes me feel like I am driving instead of you. :racing:

CT-MSRT
06-21-2012, 06:16 AM
i have the same love for Carbotech pads. Pete showed me the light a few seasons ago after going way deeper than i ever could in brake zones. i never was able to make it up. Nothing like getting back all the ground lost in the straight in 1 brake zone.

great drivin though in the first vid i watched. you seem much more composed and consistent than some of the previous vids. Looks like the car is really coming together and you are getting more comfortable with it as well. That engine power drop must be driving you mad, GL with finding a long term solution for it.

lmhoward
06-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Could it be the connector for the crank sensor? I've seen people use a zip tie to hold that plug good and snug. (another make) As far as Carbotech, another fan here. Instant bite and easy to modulate.

Les

t500hps
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm slow.....I just realized/found the "like" button here. With all the advice you road racers have given me I need to start using that button!!!

Joel, What compounds are you running (if you willing to share). I'm running XP12/10's front/rear and found I got 4 weekends out of the front set but the rear set look like they could last 10-12 more weekends (barely used). In an effort to get even better braking would running the 12's (or even the 16's) in the rear help distribute some of the braking power to the rear? I'm in a daily driver with a tuner, brakes/cooler and swap front pads/rotors and only rear pads (those rear rotors aren't getting much use either).

Northern Rider
06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the vid, Joel. Yep - power goes down on those straights. Hope you get it figured out.

Man - you are really late on the corners! And the speed you are carrying through is quite impressive. Excellent driving.

And - now I've gotta look into Carbotech pads . . .

joelvan
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
i have the same love for Carbotech pads. Pete showed me the light a few seasons ago after going way deeper than i ever could in brake zones. i never was able to make it up. Nothing like getting back all the ground lost in the straight in 1 brake zone.

great drivin though in the first vid i watched. you seem much more composed and consistent than some of the previous vids. Looks like the car is really coming together and you are getting more comfortable with it as well. That engine power drop must be driving you mad, GL with finding a long term solution for it.

The reason im in better control is I am on 305 pirelli true slick instead of a 275 DOTslick I also have a new set of coilovers I was really over driving the car before to make up for lack of power and tires.