PDA

View Full Version : Video overlay software for FREE...Road Racers step inside

NYC_SRT8
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I currently have Racelogic Performance Box for datalogging and GoPro Hero for video. I'm at the point were I'd like to incorporate both so I can have the video with a data overlayed on it. Through my extensive internet search I've found software that can combined the Performance box data and GoPro video or any datalogger and video for free. Yes I said free! However, if you want the full software it cost $34.99. The name of the software is RaceRender - RaceRender 2 Video Processor (http://www.racerender.com/RR2/Features.html) . The only downside is you have to manually synch the video and data. It's a little tedious to synch both but it's a great trade off from spending over a grand for complete data/video unit.

renman
04-25-2012, 08:07 PM
How does it incorporate the log data, CSV export? I guess ill have to download. Good find OP!

NYC_SRT8
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
How does it incorporate the log data, CSV export? I guess ill have to download. Good find OP!

That is correct. Export the from the data logging device in CSV format.

renman
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Sounds like good stuff. Going to use the demo and my two cameras and maybe post a test of me driving.