PDA

View Full Version : Road Race Lap Times: READ THIS

MattRobertson
01-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey all,

A couple guys gave lists of road race tracks in the Midwest, East and Southeast. I added those into the Garage, along with all of the CA tracks and one in NV (Reno-Fernley). What I didn't do is put in track lengths. If you guys can hunt those down and PM me with the track sizes, I'll be able to plug them in one hell of a lot faster than I can hunting them up one by one in my (pretty much nonexistent) spare time.

This also means the Garage is open for lap time entries. No official rules on what you can put in. I only put in my football times, but thats me.

If you have more road race tracks, [-]PM me[/-] post them here and I'll take care of them.

edit: These are the tracks we have lengths on so far. If its not on this list we need the track length:
Atlanta Motorsports Park
Atlanta Motor Speedway
Auto Club Speedway Interior
Auto Club Speedway Roval
Barber Motorsports Park
Buttonwillow Raceway (#15)
Calabogie Motorsports Park
Carolina Motorsports Park
Charlotte Motorspeedway
Circuit Grand Bayou
Daytona International Speedway
Homestead-Miami Speedway
Horse Thief Mile
Infineon Raceway (full race config)
Laguna Seca Raceway
Lime Rock Park
Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
Monticello Motor Club
Mont Tremblant
Moroso Motorsports Park
Mosport International Raceway
Nashville Superspeedway
Road Atlanta
Roebling Road
Sebring International Raceway
Streets of Willow Springs
Texas World Speedway
Thunderhill Raceway
Willow Springs International Raceway

CT-MSRT
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
pm sent for a couple of them.

MattRobertson
01-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Got em. I think I'll put up a list of the tracks we have lengths on so everyone isn't pm'ing me over and over again (see... I'm smart I catch on quick to this hi tech stuff). And since its a forum, no need to PM me. Just post up here and I'll get it.

Lowwlife
01-31-2012, 01:26 PM
I run track 1,2,3,9, and 11 in calif. I'll get the info and post it for you:thumbs_u:

MattRobertson
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
I run track 1,2,3,9, and 11 in calif. I'll get the info and post it for you:thumbs_u:

Thanks but that is the list of tracks where I already have the lengths!

joelvan
01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Road Atlanta 2.54
Roebling Road 2.02
CMP -Carolina Motorsports Park 2.3
Charlotte MotorSpeedway 2.25
Barber motorsports park 2.3
Little Talladega 1.4
AMP-Atlanta Motorsports Park 2.0
AMS - Atlanta Motor speedway 2.5
Nashville 1.33
Circit Grand Bayou 1.8
NOLA multi configurations
Daytona Int Speedway 3.56
Homestead 2.205
Sebring 3.7
Moroso Motorsports Park 2.043

Cibalo
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Texas world speedway 2.9 miles

Ron380
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Matt... by any chance, did you look at the original list? ;)

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f252/lx-lc-road-course-records-153567/

Just in case... Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, 2.4 mi.

:mrgreen:

MattRobertson
01-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Hey Matt... by any chance, did you look at the original list? ;)

http://www.lxforums.com/board/f252/lx-lc-road-course-records-153567/

Just in case... Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, 2.4 mi.

:mrgreen:
No. That would make sense.

Thx for the info Joel. Will try and get that squared up later tonight.

Northern Rider
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Matt - here are 3 Northern road circuits:

Le Circuit Mount Tremblant (Quebec): 2.65 miles
Mosport International Raceway (Ontario): 2.46 miles
Calabogie Motorsports Park (Ontario): 3.05 miles

MattRobertson
02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
OK got everything submitted thus far with two exceptions:

Little Talladega 1.4: Is that the same as Talladega Gran Prix Raceway?

NOLA multi configurations - When submitting a track, give me the distance and the config # or designation and I will put that in as a separate track. We have the same situation with Buttonwillow.

bigjim
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Just saw this, sorry for hitting you on the bug thread:racing:

MattRobertson
02-02-2012, 05:35 PM
No worries, Jim. I saw your post and those tracks are in.

joelvan
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
OK got everything submitted thus far with two exceptions:

Little Talladega 1.4: Is that the same as Talladega Gran Prix Raceway?

NOLA multi configurations - When submitting a track, give me the distance and the config # or designation and I will put that in as a separate track. We have the same situation with Buttonwillow.

Little Tally is a nickname for Talladega Gran Prix Raceway

Iv'e never run NOLA and they are in the middle of a expansion so it might be a while before I find what the new
configurations are.

Virginia International Raceway 3.27
, VIR includes two shorter configurations. The North Course of 2.25 miles and the South Course of 1.65 miles can be run simultaneously.

MattRobertson
02-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Joel: Got 'em. Thx.

Everybody: I have no idea why some of your lap times are showing up in KM's. I saw that in the Garage and checked the tracks in the admin area and they come up as being in miles. You might try and remove the lap times and put them in again. Best I can offer in the way of a wild guess for a fix.

bigjim
02-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey Matt, have I mentioned thet I LOVE the still of the little BMW losing it in front of you?!?! The vid rocked when you got by the RED thing and then this guy was in denial of the "station wagon" closing on him in the corners...

MattRobertson
02-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Hah! What you can't see in the vid is that guy actually pointed to his mirror as I barreled up to him with the Scuderia on my tail... and he then looked from his mirror at me to the concrete wall rushing up to him at the hairpin he was rocking into at WOT. Thats why he lost it. He was signalling me that he was going to GTFO of the way instead of looking where he was going.

The story was different a month or so before. The very same guy *really* was in denial then that he was a speedbump in my road... and wouldn't get out of the way. I finally got pissed and decided to show him how much of a problem he was causing by sitting on his bumper. He got the message and bailed. The result is on video and immortalized in one of my favorite pics, ever.

http://www.lelandwest.com/auto-tech/images/ls_120804.jpg
At the speeds we were going, thats a little bit closer to the bumper than you are supposed to be, which was the idea. He got the message that day and by the time the later day came around that you refer to he just got the hell out of the way when I came near.

:caveman:

Jontoad
02-03-2012, 12:57 AM
-Autobahn Country Club, Joilet IL - 3.531 miles full track ( North track 1.498 miles, South track 2.06 miles)

-GingerMan Raceway, South Haven MI - 2.14 miles with corner extensions (1.88 without corner extensions)

-Blackhawk Farms, South Beloit IL - 1.95 miles

ajp86
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Eagles Canyon Raceway in Slidell, Tx - 2.5 miles
Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Tx - 1.7, 1.3, & 3.1 miles

bigjim
02-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Is there any way we can seperate the full race prepped towed to the track cars that are no longer related to the LX platform from the street legal cars?

RobAGD
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Jim why you picking on Matt ? :D

I think we only have 1 of those and its Joel. The other one is now for sale atm

Maybe we can do something but I recall we talked about this years ago and were not going to make sub classes.

Maybe we can revisit it

-R

MattRobertson
02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Jim why you picking on Matt ? :D

Hey I'm still street-legal. Nothing to see here.

Is there any way we can separate the full race prepped towed to the track cars that are no longer related to the LX platform from the street legal cars?

wellll... The way I remember it my original argument was that road racing was more about the skill of the driver than it was the car. If we start down that road, where does it end? If I'm running race slicks am I no longer considered street legal? Probably its an easy argument to make that I'm not. Although I could spend a TON of money and buy Pirelli's street legal R compound tires. Can't say I am crazy about the idea. We're a lot simpler than the drag racing side and I personally like it that way. The best man wins. Hell I'd love a crack at Joel or even one of the pro challengers. especially since we can pretty much match the rubber that meets the road.

Thoughts?

p.s. I see new tracks are up. I'll get to 'em asap.

CT-MSRT
02-19-2012, 05:23 PM
bah to separation. Run what you brung and enjoy it. None of this class nonsense like the drag racers.

Cibalo
02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I have tinted tails so I'm not street legal

Ron380
02-19-2012, 07:12 PM
^ Well, I don't mind if nobody else does! :pepper:

bigjim
02-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Its all good, just a question for debate. Thanks

Northern Rider
02-19-2012, 10:04 PM
One of the neat things about lapping is that we are - and proabably always will be - a relatively small group.

And - that means that we soon get to know one another and what we are running.

I say keep it simple - keep it the way it is . . .

joelvan
02-20-2012, 12:47 AM
My best lap times Except Roebling road are in the Police car which has always been street legal. 4,280 lbs with me in it.
I won't ask for any footballs for times made in the Challenger.