PDA

View Full Version : Tough day on the RoadCourse

joelvan
10-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I went to CMP this weekend. practice was at 820AM so it was still cold out several cars spun on the warm up lap so the whole session was under a double yellow. While Qualifying on the first lap my tires were not up to temp yet .I pushed it a little too hard in the last turn to take the green at full speed I went up on the Gators on the track out and broke the upper contol arm on the left rear. I didn't realize anything was wrong until going into turn 1 that the car seemed to be steering on both ends . So my weekend ended with out making one lap full speed I removed the arm to find it had a casting flaw that made it weak. I am planning on replacing all the control arms with Heim joints

http://www.lxforums.com/board/members/joelvan/albums/photos/12001-photo129.jpg

bklynmag
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Oooh. . . . that sux. . ... thankfully the failure didn't cause you to lose control.

BB2010SRT8
10-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Thats no good! Hopefully you be up and running again soon!

bigjim
10-23-2011, 12:42 AM
There are some custom make upper control arms with screw adjust, just have to search hard for them on here.

ONE LOVE
10-23-2011, 05:10 PM
OUCH.... Keep me posted on the heim joints

09 Plym
11-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Joel,

You should try the rear arms that Matt had fabricated by Jay's Hotrods. They are adjustable for more rear camber. I put a set on my car last winter and they have served me well. I have only had two track days this year, but both had lots of high speed with the Continental slicks mounted. I have -1.5 degrees rear camber and can get more if I want.

Jay has been very good to work with. PM me if you need more details.

joelvan
11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I used 5/8 heim joints with a 9in Afco sleeves and had bushings for the ends for our 12mm bolts