05-12-2011, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEM6T_JC7Us

From my last session of the day...enjoy!:racing:

FlyByU
05-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Badass

lmhoward
05-12-2011, 07:41 AM
A little loose in the back are we? Well loose is fast and you were hauling it. Any observations concerning the wider rims?

Les

NYC_SRT8
05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
A little loose in the back are we? Well loose is fast and you were hauling it. Any observations concerning the wider rims?

Les

Since it was my 1st time on that track with slicks period its kind of hard to give a apples to apples comparo to my previous 18x9 wheels. It definitely felt sticky though. When I get on NJMP Thunderbolt or Lightning I'll be able to give a really good comparision.

Ron380
05-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Very nice! Good mix of cars up there this time, a little bit of everything! :thumbs_u:

Coopers_Dad
05-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Fantastic! I love the pass of the slower cars your first time back on the front stretch!

Great video!

CT-MSRT
05-12-2011, 08:31 AM
he looks so cute out there. pass those miata's! (yes, i saw the lotus but he only creeped by him)

lmhoward
05-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I saw the Porsche creeping away but a well driven one is hard to keep up with. I found it unusual that they would release those 2 right in front of you. Do you know which P car it was? As for the Miata's, it looked like you were looking up at them as you passed. Did you lower the car some more?

Les

NYC_SRT8
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I saw the Porsche creeping away but a well driven one is hard to keep up with. I found it unusual that they would release those 2 right in front of you. Do you know which P car it was? As for the Miata's, it looked like you were looking up at them as you passed. Did you lower the car some more?

Les

It was a 911 turbo with race slicks and some engine upgrades.

NYC_SRT8
05-12-2011, 10:45 AM
he looks so cute out there. pass those miata's! (yes, i saw the lotus but he only creeped by him)

I have video of passing a Audi R8 in another session but I guess I'm "cute" enough passing the Miata's.

NWH_300C
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
sick! great driving being your first time on the track with slicks. thanks for posting that video.

CVP33
05-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Never been to Limerock. Looks like a great track for our cars. Nice driving man!

5:19 was my favorite moment. You can hear the car slip as it get's light at the crest of the hill. That'll shrink your man marbles!

Again at 9:36. LOL - pushin' it!

lmhoward
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM
It looks like a fast track. Are you in 3rd most of the time? I'd take a slightly different line in some of the curves, most likely because of differences in handling. I do a fair amount of late apexing so I can get on the gas earlier. I just watched the video again on my big screen monitor and good speakers ...... goosebump city!

Les

Carfinish
05-12-2011, 05:59 PM
definitely Badass Will...and congrats on the record :rock:

NYC_SRT8
05-13-2011, 08:03 AM
sick! great driving being your first time on the track with slicks. thanks for posting that video.

No problem! It was definitely fun out there.

Never been to Limerock. Looks like a great track for our cars. Nice driving man!

5:19 was my favorite moment. You can hear the car slip as it get's light at the crest of the hill. That'll shrink your man marbles!

Again at 9:36. LOL - pushin' it!

Thanks man! You should make it out here one of these days. That uphill is definitely a eye-opener.

It looks like a fast track. Are you in 3rd most of the time? I'd take a slightly different line in some of the curves, most likely because of differences in handling. I do a fair amount of late apexing so I can get on the gas earlier. I just watched the video again on my big screen monitor and good speakers ...... goosebump city!

Les

You are correct. I'm in 3rd most of the track. I get into 4th towards the end of the straight away though. I was looking at my datalogger and there are a few places I can pick up some time. Next time out I'll be in 1:02:xx range if I execute my new driving line correctly.

definitely Badass Will...and congrats on the record :rock:

Thanks Stell!

Hemissary
05-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Nice, nice track, were you having to lift over that rise out of that right-hander? Sure sounds like the the car got light enough to increase in rpm over the top...

bklynmag
05-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Some great driving there Will. Took a quick look on my phone but will definately check out on my lap top later!

CT-MSRT
05-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Nice, nice track, were you having to lift over that rise out of that right-hander? Sure sounds like the the car got light enough to increase in rpm over the top...

a lot of people have wrecked cresting that hill. You need to be darn straight coming up over that since it makes even slower cars get light. Luckily, LX's have good traction control systems that are always at least partially on so we don't have much issue there. I have lit strips cresting that hill without worry and had some fun.

The up-hill and down-hill sections at LRP are really steeper in person than the video shows. They require a lot of respect due to the proximity of the walls and take some practice to get fast through. The downhill particularly, you can get on the throttle hard to maintain the compression from the elevation change but you gotta have your junk screwed on real tight to push the limits in either place. fun rhythm course no doubt but without handling mods it can get very booring since you would otherwise just coast around slowly, screeching your tires.

Hemissary
05-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Is it my imagination, can I hear your tire breaking loose regularly? On a new track for the first time it would be understandable...

CT-MSRT
05-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Is it my imagination, can I hear your tire breaking loose regularly? On a new track for the first time it would be understandable...

he's been there before. don't let that fool you. Will tends to be a pusher and over drive his rubber steppin out and roasting periodically. He has been getting smoother on other tracks like lightning though which is good to see.

Good to see his faster car actually getting around the track faster this year.:wink:

Hemissary
05-13-2011, 10:36 AM
<grin>

NYC_SRT8
05-13-2011, 01:36 PM
As the guy (ct-msrt) who's writing my track biography stated I use to go into corners at a little higher speed than grip available and let my tail hang out a bit. That was my old driving style. If you look at the video it didn't happen all the time. The reason it happened was because my brake pads when they got hot (1300+ degrees; temp paint confirmed) they would fade. Nothing terrible but not predictable either. Just enough variances in the amount of fade to make me come into a turn with too much speed. Especially turn 1. Blue stuff is a great pad if you're not going 110% on the track. However, I have a fix for my 110% addiction. It's en route to my house on a UPS truck....Raybestos ST-41

CT-MSRT
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
As the guy (ct-msrt) who's writing my track biography stated I use to go into corners at a little higher speed than grip available and let my tail hang out a bit. That was my old driving style. If you look at the video it didn't happen all the time. The reason it happened was because my brake pads when they got hot (1300+ degrees; temp paint confirmed) they would fade. Nothing terrible but not predictable either. Just enough variances in the amount of fade to make me come into a turn with too much speed. Especially turn 1. Blue stuff is a great pad if you're not going 110% on the track. However, I have a fix for my 110% addiction. It's en route to my house on a UPS truck....Raybestos ST-41

:tinfoilhat:

You have certainly been making strides this year. Glad you are finally moving away from Blue Stuff though. Free crap is still crap. I'll be glad to be back out on the track with you next year possibly. Always fun goin back and forth with you just as long as the track isn't overly straight and it turns into drag racing.

I still intend to eventually add enough power and remove enough weight from my car to turn a 59.99 time at lime rock before i hang up the towel on the LX platform.

NYC_SRT8
05-13-2011, 02:20 PM
:tinfoilhat:

You have certainly been making strides this year. Glad you are finally moving away from Blue Stuff though. Free crap is still crap. I'll be glad to be back out on the track with you next year possibly. Always fun goin back and forth with you just as long as the track isn't overly straight and it turns into drag racing.

I still intend to eventually add enough power and remove enough weight from my car to turn a 59.99 time at lime rock before i hang up the towel on the LX platform.

It would definitely be more fun if I could get you and Pete out there going back and forth on the same track. I'm looking forward to next year when you are back out there.

Removing weight would be the key to getting sub 1 minutes times around LimeRock. It also would be a lot cheaper than adding power.

CT-MSRT
05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
It would definitely be more fun if I could get you and Pete out there going back and forth on the same track. I'm looking forward to next year when you are back out there.

Removing weight would be the key to getting sub 1 minutes times around LimeRock. It also would be a lot cheaper than adding power.

yup. Looking at a 500lb target reduction. unfortunately that involves a different driver instead of my fat a$$ though.

the 3 of us out NJMP for a weekend would be a riot and some good video footage. With Pete moving on, i don't see it happening though.

xevilpetex
05-14-2011, 03:57 PM
yup. Looking at a 500lb target reduction. unfortunately that involves a different driver instead of my fat a$$ though.

the 3 of us out NJMP for a weekend would be a riot and some good video footage. With Pete moving on, i don't see it happening though.

I can still drive with you guys even if im in a different car ;)

I just need to remember to keep the camera charged all day if we do. I'm still upset that the battery died and i didnt get a chance to show everyone what my car looks like when it slowly fades to a small silver dot in the distance from your POV :stir:

NYC_SRT8
05-14-2011, 05:00 PM
I can still drive with you guys even if im in a different car ;)

I just need to remember to keep the camera charged all day if we do. I'm still upset that the battery died and i didnt get a chance to show everyone what my car looks like when it slowly fades to a small silver dot in the distance from your POV :stir:

LOL, I didn't know this happened when you was out there with Mike.

CT-MSRT
05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
LOL, I didn't know this happened when you was out there with Mike.

yup. mentioned it before as well. That's when i found religion in Carbotech. We were with each other just fine until he swapped over to what was left of his carbotech pads. He drove deeper into the corners and scrubbed more speed off faster. He walked away from me for the rest of the session. That's when i started having fun stepping out and roasting the tires. I knew i was outclassed so i gave a sweet commentary to a camera i later found was dead. It was a very sad moment when i found out that wasn't going to be posted later.

Learned a lot that day and on several areas and equipment i could improve upon. Also learned a couple new lines on corners of a track i'll never be able to race on again.

Overall, great experience.

Cibalo
05-16-2011, 10:34 PM
very cool video Will. how did your tires look after the weekend?

NYC_SRT8
05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
yup. mentioned it before as well. That's when i found religion in Carbotech. We were with each other just fine until he swapped over to what was left of his carbotech pads. He drove deeper into the corners and scrubbed more speed off faster. He walked away from me for the rest of the session. That's when i started having fun stepping out and roasting the tires. I knew i was outclassed so i gave a sweet commentary to a camera i later found was dead. It was a very sad moment when i found out that wasn't going to be posted later.

Learned a lot that day and on several areas and equipment i could improve upon. Also learned a couple new lines on corners of a track i'll never be able to race on again.

Overall, great experience.

Yeah, you were using EBC pads like myself. Even lesser of a pad with the yellow stuff. It cannot compete with a 'true' race pad. Especially with the weight of our cars and the heat we generate in the front rotors. I found the race pad light like too. Welcome me to the club!:racing: It's slightly different than Carbotech though... Raybestos st-41. :banana:

very cool video Will. how did your tires look after the weekend?

Perfect! They have atleast 4 more track days in them. They weared almost nothing.

CT-MSRT
05-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, you were using EBC pads like myself. Even lesser of a pad with the yellow stuff. It cannot compete with a 'true' race pad. Especially with the weight of our cars and the heat we generate in the front rotors. I found the race pad light like too. Welcome me to the club!:racing: It's slightly different than Carbotech though... Raybestos st-41. :banana:

Perfect! They have atleast 4 more track days in them. They weared almost nothing.

lol, stop driving like a pansy then :P I know u like driving like Cole Trickle.

btw, don't be afraid to flip em 2-3 days in. I know your camber settings are different but do not lose track of your depth dots. When you get wild on some tracks you will eat through more rubber than you might plan for. btw, be wary of POCONO anything. that place eats tires.

NYC_SRT8
05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
lol, stop driving like a pansy then :P I know u like driving like Cole Trickle.

btw, don't be afraid to flip em 2-3 days in. I know your camber settings are different but do not lose track of your depth dots. When you get wild on some tracks you will eat through more rubber than you might plan for. btw, be wary of POCONO anything. that place eats tires.

Cole Trickle LOL.

I plan on flipping them every 3 events. Pocono is a nightmare. It eats tires like a rubber gremlin. I plan on one pocono day this year, 2 tops.