PDA

View Full Version : Limerock Park - 5/10 - *UNMUFFLED*

NYC_SRT8
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Come on out to Limerock Park on May 10th(tuesday) with SCDA. It's the PM session (1pm-6pm). You get plenty of track time though with 4 sessions per run group. The best of all is it's a unmuffled day so no db issue to deal with. They're not many days per year at Limerock like this. Come on out and enjoy, I'll be there.

https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/886034248

CT-MSRT
04-04-2011, 06:40 AM
i did this last year, it was an awesome time out there.

love the way SCDA ran the groups. Just watch yourself on the turn in to the uphill. You want the time, you gotta tear a$$ down the no-name straight and that hard right hander has claimed some cars over the years.

CTRaider
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm hoping to join you. I only have a few track days under my belt and they aren't allowing novices to run on May 10th. I already signed up with SCDA at LRP on April 18th, so I may be able to get signed off as intermediate then? I just e-mailed Ian to see what he thinks. Maybe a longshot, but I've got to give it a try.

04-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I drove my first event last year with SCDA at Limerock in my 06 CTS-V. Great instructors, well organized and I learned a lot out of that 1 day of track and classroom.

NYC_SRT8
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm hoping to join you. I only have a few track days under my belt and they aren't allowing novices to run on May 10th. I already signed up with SCDA at LRP on April 18th, so I may be able to get signed off as intermediate then? I just e-mailed Ian to see what he thinks. Maybe a longshot, but I've got to give it a try.

I hope to see you out there. :racing:

CTRaider
04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm in!! I have graduated to the Intermediate 1 run group. Hopefully I'll have new rims and slicks by then. Now I'll just have to find a way to velcro my arse to the seat in the twisites. Time to start watching some Lime Rock in car footage.

NYC_SRT8
04-04-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm in!! I have graduated to the Intermediate 1 run group. Hopefully I'll have new rims and slicks by then. Now I'll just have to find a way to velcro my arse to the seat in the twisites. Time to start watching some Lime Rock in car footage.

Congrats brotha! I'll be in intermediate 2. I'll bring my other gps laptimer so you can get some lap times if you don't already have one. Slicks will make a world of difference on grip versus street tires.

CTRaider
04-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Congrats brotha! I'll be in intermediate 2. I'll bring my other gps laptimer so you can get some lap times if you don't already have one. Slicks will make a world of difference on grip versus street tires.

I don't have a lap timer, so that would be huge! Thanks Will.

NYC_SRT8
04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't have a lap timer, so that would be huge! Thanks Will.

:thumbs_u:

NYC_SRT8
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
2 days away!!!!!

gooeytek
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Have fun out there!

CTRaider
05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
All loaded up and ready to go. Finally got the Predator tune back in. Thanks to CTMSRT and Moroso, I'll have the improved power steering tank cap, so hopefully I won't be spraying ps fluid this time.

Will.....I'll also have a new 1/2 drive cordless impact wrench with a spare battery. One battery lasted all day last time, so we should be all set. I'm shooting for a 10AM arrival time so I won't be rushed.

Anybody else going???

NYC_SRT8
05-09-2011, 09:16 PM
All loaded up and ready to go. Finally got the Predator tune back in. Thanks to CTMSRT and Moroso, I'll have the improved power steering tank cap, so hopefully I won't be spraying ps fluid this time.

Will.....I'll also have a new 1/2 drive cordless impact wrench with a spare battery. One battery lasted all day last time, so we should be all set. I'm shooting for a 10AM arrival time so I won't be rushed.

Anybody else going???

I have all the tools we would need, mechanical and battery operated. I'll be there at 10. As far as I know its just us from the forum.

CTRaider
05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Great day yesterday at Lime Rock. Weather was perfect. I'm really digging my slick set-up and the new Predator tune. Thanks again to CTMSRT and BigJim for setting me up with the Cobra R's and the slicks!
I was in a different run group than Will, so I got to watch the show. I was laughing my arse off watching him chase down a well driven V10 R8 and a few other cars that cost four times as much as his. I could have made some money taking bets before he hit the track. TrackTime Photos has some great pictures of the day up on their site.
I'll be back at Lime Rock on July 1 with SCDA for a full day. Let's get some more modern Mopars out there. The track is in great shape and SCDA does a real nice job.

NYC_SRT8
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
It was a great day. I had lots of fun hanging out with my boy CTRaider. SCDA ran the day beautifully. NASA should take some pointers. One major difference is they have a cool down lap when the session is over. THAT IS HUGE especially when my front rotors was reaching 1300+ degrees and rears reaching 1000+(temperature paint confirmed). Another difference I found better is in the intermediate 2 and advanced group you could pass in any straight without a point-by. It made lap track almost non existing. This also helped my lap times be more consistant. I'm happy to say most of my track days are with SCDA for the rest of the year.

My next day with them is June 28th at NJMP Thunderbolt and July 1st at Limerock again. Come on out and play boys and girls.

xevilpetex
05-13-2011, 12:22 AM
SCDA has the luxery of not having to worry about races. Thats what always messes up NASA days. They have to pack in 4 HPDE sessions along with qualy and races for 2 groups (lightning and thunder groups).

NASA does a decent job of things, but you can only jam so many run groups on the track in the course of one day.