PDA

View Full Version : My Wifes Charger takes the win at Road Atlanta

joelvan
03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
My Police charger is down with a broken crank
I convinced my wife to let me take her car to the track. A bone stock SRT8 running a 1:41.5 lap time
beating out 4 other competitors in NASA Time Trials in TTC :rock: the base class for the SRT8s I am now considering putting the police car back to a stock 6.1 with SRT shocks and springs and take off all the dodads so I can run it in TTC class. It's alot easier to win running against mustangs and BMWs TTS class where it is now. it's hard to beat Vettes vipers in a 4200 lb car no matter how much horsepower you putdown :racing:

mebster
03-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Congrats!

MattRobertson
03-13-2011, 01:05 AM
ANOTHER ONE!?!

(psst... congratulations!)

joelvan
03-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Yup! I bought her a 2006 srt8 new and she never took interest in driving it. she still drives my F250 Ford.
I did a DE in it first after doing the SRT track experence. she raised HOLY HELL about it
I built the police car to do track days but it's broke this weekend
I was told not to come home if I wrecked her car. Bad gamble to lose. I could not stand to stay at home when I could be racing .

MattRobertson
03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah I can see you handing her your police car keys and she giving them back to you in the most uncomfortable place possible :D

09 Plym
03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Congrats Joel!

Now you have decide what you enjoy more, winning in a stock class, or pushing the edge in a faster class.

Either way, it is great that you are doing it on the track in an LX.

joelvan
03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
my plan is to sell the police car to finance a challenger build to race the american iron series next year. ive thought about buying a corvette to race . I just gotta be different.