PDA

View Full Version : Thanks AJ!!

richierevs
09-12-2010, 07:45 AM
I made the trip yesterday to see AJ to get a final tune and get the car ready to pass CT emissions. I also got a chance to meet Chris (Junior666) and Dave (BigDave). It's always a pleasure meeting and chatting with other LX enthusiasts. It was also the first time that my car dyno'd on a full chassis DynoJet.

Before describing the output numbers, I just need to restate what others have said about dynos: dynos are relative and are meant for tuning purposes. The most important thing is not that the dyno shows big numbers, but that it's consistent from run to run. I would appreciate other LXers chiming in on this as well.

At the conclusion of tuning, AJ made 3 consecutive hot laps or runs with an engine temp at 214*F. On the last lap, my car made 387 RWHP and 373 RWTQ. Compared to other cars that AJ has tuned on this dyno, these numbers are consistent.

Dave help me with my Sony Handicam and I need to review and edit the video so I cam post that up.

I'm glad that I went yesterday, it helped take my mind off the significance of the date.

slideway
09-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I made the trip yesterday to see AJ to get a final tune and get the car ready to pass CT emissions. I also got a chance to meet Chris (Junior666) and Dave (BigDave). It's always a pleasure meeting and chatting with other LX enthusiasts. It was also the first time that my car dyno'd on a full chassis DynoJet.

Before describing the output numbers, I just need to restate what others have said about dynos: dynos are relative and are meant for tuning purposes. The most important thing is not that the dyno shows big numbers, but that it's consistent from run to run. I would appreciate other LXers chiming in on this as well.

At the conclusion of tuning, AJ made 3 consecutive hot laps or runs with an engine temp at 214*F. On the last lap, my car made 387 RWHP and 373 RWTQ. Compared to other cars that AJ has tuned on this dyno, these numbers are consistent.

Dave help me with my Sony Handicam and I need to review and edit the video so I cam post that up.

I'm glad that I went yesterday, it helped take my mind off the significance of the date.
Car will run real good Richie! And you guy's had to have it ready to pass insp. so cats working and all I gather? Yes, You could cool it down, ice intake, uncork ex. and make 410+ But you know what your real world least number will be when hot lapping.
Also this is just phase one for this engine if I remember right? I can imagine what that beast will do when the final ingredient is added!.......:wink:...........:thumbs_u:

BIGDAVE
09-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I had a good time yesterday.It was nice meeting you.Your car sounds great!!

richierevs
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Just wanted to report that my CT emissions report was a complete pass on all items, just like it was a stocker. Great job again AJ!!

I initially had a CEL for the downstream O2 sensors; but, I took care of that by inserting some steel wool in my anti-foulers (see my other post: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=236257).

Thanks again AJ, now I have to save my coin to get a 5-8 psi blower :wink:. We should start some PM dialogue since I won't need to upgrade to a complete blower kit like Arrington sells (e.g., I already have larger injectors) :ninja:. And I'd like you to do the installation.