PDA

View Full Version : New Road Atlanta Time Trials video

joelvan
06-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Here is a link to footage of my day @ Road Atlanta. three two lap sessions clipped together. I finished 4th in TTS . had a couple of two wheel offs with one bieng a real butt puckerer going about 115 mph coming out of turn 12 . lap times are in the 1:38 range.

VIDEO LINK -> http://www.vimeo.com/12701346

Ron380
06-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Great video Joel! As always! :pepper: :thumbs_u:

Yeah, those two offs were :panic: ! Great job holding it straight there!

I found it kind of odd that the Corvette's ran away so much on the straights I KNOW you're not slow!), but you caught them through the esses. Were they having some handling issues or something? Interesting stuff. ;)

Have fun! :mrgreen:

MORGAN82
06-19-2010, 08:44 PM
that was a cool video id love to try something like that

joelvan
06-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Great video Joel! As always! :pepper: :thumbs_u:

Yeah, those two offs were :panic: ! Great job holding it straight there!

I found it kind of odd that the Corvette's ran away so much on the straights I KNOW you're not slow!), but you caught them through the esses. Were they having some handling issues or something? Interesting stuff. ;)

Have fun! :mrgreen: I not coming out of turn 7 as well as thet are so they pull pull away. I think I need to slow down there to go faster as they say. Also them Vettes ain't stock and have a better power to weight ratio than me.

joelvan
06-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I ended up with third place today no videos my camera battery died the track is too hot for the 280 tires to grip good I was 4 wheel drifting in nearly every turn. I really need 315 tires to compete with the vettes it's like taking a staple gun to a pistol dual

Hemi Family
06-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Looks like a fast track, good stuff...was that a blimp in the background?

FlyByU
06-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing Joel, great footage.

CT-MSRT
06-23-2010, 08:51 AM
were you able to get the tire issues sorted out from last time? what did you run on?

xevilpetex
06-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I not coming out of turn 7 as well as thet are so they pull pull away. I think I need to slow down there to go faster as they say. Also them Vettes ain't stock and have a better power to weight ratio than me.

and they're going to have a lot better aero then a charger with a big wing. That starts to matter a lot at the speeds you get up to on the back straight at RA

joelvan
06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
[/QUOTE]Looks like a fast track, good stuff...was that a blimp in the background?[/QUOTE]

No Blimp I think it's the cameras way to cut down on glare. the first time I saw it do that I thought it was a UFO for a second

were you able to get the tire issues sorted out from last time? what did you run on?
Yeah the tire that failed had a build date of 2003 so it was bound to happen.

and they're going to have a lot better aero then a charger with a big wing. That starts to matter a lot at the speeds you get up to on the back straight at RA .......

Yeah I think I will renamed the car
--------The Flying Anvil-------- Whatcha think about that