PDA

View Full Version : When are we getting the "Geek Corner" thread?

moparman53
12-25-2005, 12:30 PM
TehKing said he was gonna discuss it amongst the other Admins?

moparman53
04-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Anybody give it any more thought? I last posted on Xmas Day. Be nice to have a separate section to discuss PCs, electronics, and other "Geeky" subjects.

bigjim
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
How about one for boats and bikes and other truly OFF topic stoff!

wheelife
04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
How about one for boats and bikes and other truly OFF topic stoff!

I will second that!
I have a boat, a bike, and will be picking up a snowmobile this summer.

RandomAccess
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Almost every thread turns into geek corner...

Go ahead and try this out... Start a thread titled "22 inch rims slow my magnum down" and there will be more calculations presented than it took einstein to create the atom bomb. LOL

da BoMM
04-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Almost every thread turns into geek corner...

Go ahead and try this out... Start a thread titled "22 inch rims slow my magnum down" and there will be more calculations presented than it took einstein to create the atom bomb. LOL

Ha ha ha -- that there is funny. . . and true.

FactoryD
04-02-2006, 08:14 PM
My only question is: Why the hell would we need a 'geek corner' forum on this site? This is the internet. We have a gagillion 'geek' forums already. This is about LX platform cars.

Personally, I find it refreshing that < 1% of the posts here are computer/geek related. I'm sure, just like me, everyone who needs this information has more than 10 forums they go to for geek talk.

moparman53
04-05-2006, 07:59 AM
My only question is: Why the hell would we need a 'geek corner' forum on this site? This is the internet. We have a gagillion 'geek' forums already. This is about LX platform cars.

Personally, I find it refreshing that < 1% of the posts here are computer/geek related. I'm sure, just like me, everyone who needs this information has more than 10 forums they go to for geek talk.

I find your post insulting. Why do we need anything? Why do we need a LX Forum? Because we can help a brother (or sister) out. Sure, there's plenty of "Geek" Forums out there, but that would defeat the purpose of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) we share on this Forum. I've been on the Forum for over a year longer than you and I've noticed we have a lot of technical types here. Why waste time Google-ing or going off-site to find something out if somebody here can help? Just my 2 cents. If you still disagree, oh well, I'll get over it.

FactoryD
04-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I find your post insulting. Why do we need anything? Why do we need a LX Forum? Because we can help a brother (or sister) out. Sure, there's plenty of "Geek" Forums out there, but that would defeat the purpose of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) we share on this Forum. I've been on the Forum for over a year longer than you and I've noticed we have a lot of technical types here. Why waste time Google-ing or going off-site to find something out if somebody here can help? Just my 2 cents. If you still disagree, oh well, I'll get over it.

Wow. You find it insulting?

Frankly, I find it insulting that, because you've been here a year longer than I, you feel that I'm not allowed an opinion. :loser:

hpilichowski
04-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Don't the Cars have computers running them.

boggart
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
damn, everyone is insulted and I wasn't even involved, heh

BigShowGOMANGO!
04-22-2006, 11:59 PM
"F" a Geek section...how about a "kill" section....oh yeah....that got everybodys panties into a bunch...my bad...lol....but we got posts on spider bites....now thats entertainment

bipto
04-23-2006, 12:22 AM
"F" a Geek section...how about a "kill" section....oh yeah....that got everybodys panties into a bunch...my bad...lol....but we got posts on spider bites....now thats entertainment
LOL man - you sound like a broken record. If you're not entertained, why are you here? Oh... and just because you wear panties, don't assume everyone else does too... :roll:

BigShowGOMANGO!
04-24-2006, 06:29 AM
LOL man - you sound like a broken record. If you're not entertained, why are you here? Oh... and just because you wear panties, don't assume everyone else does too... :roll:

lol...original come back..dont strain :rock:

the hurse
04-24-2006, 07:32 AM
ladies ladies ladies.............calm down. hehehehe......... (that ought to stir up some more shyt)

MAGNUM8R
04-24-2006, 09:03 AM

OOOH Man! That's some good stuff!! Bipto, you kill me!!:blam:

bipto
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
lol...original come back..dont strain :rock:
Don't worry - I didn't. :wink:

BigShowGOMANGO!
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't worry - I didn't. :wink:

ALL I am saying is we need a litle more of this at this site
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/198/cashfinger7rz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And ALOT less of this
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/991/trailer20park20weddin5nn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Then again you probably dont get it and this is probably your wedding photo

bipto
04-25-2006, 11:25 PM
The fact that we don't have a whole bunch of

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/198/cashfinger7rz.jpg

at this site is precisely what sets us apart from all of the other car forums.

And LOL, the wedding photo was a good try, but it's gonna take more than that to rile me! :lol: