PDA

View Full Version : Buttonwillow Raceway, Cheap! January 24th

MattRobertson
12-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Speedventures is doing a day at Buttonwillow Raceway for only $170. I'm signed up. Be there. Stay at the Red Roof Inn at Buttonwillow and you can get a discount by telling them you are with Speedventures when you call in.

Given the economy, signups are not going down at a furious pace. We need people, people! In addition to this being a great place for SoCal, CenCal and NorCal LX'rs to meet more or less in the middle, Buttonwillow is a *great* track with well-placed facilities. No need for scooters or skateboards to get around. Its also about as safe as they come. Flat ground and lots of smooth dirt if you run off course. Hardly any walls anywhere.

And its CHEEP!

http://speedventures.com

Cam
12-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Come on guys, lets go play. I'll get signed in tonight Matt. BTW, what run group did you sign up for again??, thnx.

Mighty Noid
12-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Matt signed up under NOVICE! :Na_Na_Na_Na: :Na_Na_Na_Na:

:)

Cam
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Matt signed up under NOVICE! :Na_Na_Na_Na: :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Naw, I think it was run group C which is one under the big boys. More then fair enough considering we really don't have race prepped rides.

MattRobertson
12-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Nope I went for Group B. This is only my second time on this track and I don't know who Speedventures usually attracts for this track. My impression of this track is it tends to attract more serious guys from SoCal. I don't want to be pulling over for people all the time. And if B is too slow, I can ask to be moved up, or just run people down all day. Thats almost more fun.

SRT5150
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm do you think it is safe to run with 22's

KW V2's and Hotchkis sways

Cam
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM
OK, all signed up and ready to go Matt.

Hmm do you think it is safe to run with 22's

KW V2's and Hotchkis sways

Ya it's safe, what kind of tires do you have??.

SRT5150
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
vredesteins 265/35 up front 295/30 rear

I had so much fun at my SRT experience at Fontana I wanna get my own car out now..

Ya it's safe, what kind of tires do you have??.

Cam
12-31-2008, 12:42 AM
vredesteins 265/35 up front 295/30 rear

I had so much fun at my SRT experience at Fontana I wanna get my own car out now..

You'll be fine. Just stay of the edge or pot holes if there is any.

RobAGD
12-31-2008, 01:32 AM
In the rears I would suggest doing a fewlaps and check for inside tire rub on the 295 rears.

also I would make sure that your front fender lip has been rolled up a tad.

Outside of that I would bring a bleed bottle for your brakes and 2 bottles of fluid.

-R

MattRobertson
12-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Helicopter Man is wise.

The Brembos have seemed to be ok on the bleeding situation from what I have seen, but bring the stuff anyway. Go to Pegasus Racing. They have bottles and fluid there. Or call ToddTCE at tceperformanceproducts.com. He's a vendor here and he can fix you up proper, no problem. I buy all my stuff from him.

You can do an easy-as-pie gravity bleed on your brakes if need be. Make sure you have the wrench needed to open up the bleeder. Mine use a 1/4" cescent but I am using Wilwoods, so make sure you check.

Also, Buttonwillow isn't so hard on brakes, so don't panic. We are just talking about taking precautions here. You'd be pissed if your day ends because you cheaped out and a $5 problem ended your day.

Between Cam and I we'll have all the floor jacks and tools anyone could ever want.

And...

GO CAM GO! I'm making motel reservations at the Red Roof in Buttonwillow, probably tomorrow. You get a discount for mentioning Speed Ventures so you have to call it in. Regular rate is $59.

Trojan my friend. Where are you, buddy? We need you out there.

RobAGD
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Thats Black Helocopter Man to you ! hahahah

-R

MDEWHEMI
12-31-2008, 12:17 PM
what time dose the track open where will we meet if i can make it i will drive up on
saturday from the southbay need directions to the track :racing:

SRoadTrip
12-31-2008, 01:06 PM
Need to talk to wife, would be a great time for sure.

Curtis

MattRobertson
12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
what time dose the track open where will we meet if i can make it i will drive up on

I believe its 7 am, but I like to show up as early as possible cuz I have to get set up and change my wheels.

Buttonwillow is about 30 miles north of Bakersfield. You head down I-5 and take the Lerdo Highway exit. Go right and the track is like a 1/2 mile down the road. Can't miss it.

Here's more detailed info.

http://speedventures.com/events/trackinfo.aspx?id=2

TTMR
12-31-2008, 05:55 PM
At that price the road trip would amost be worth it.

Untill you factor in the time off work!

Frozen_
12-31-2008, 06:09 PM
damn thats cheap! wish i lived on the west coast for this one

Ron380
12-31-2008, 09:12 PM
At that price the road trip would amost be worth it.

Untill you factor in the time off work!

damn thats cheap! wish i lived on the west coast for this one

Man... I wish SpeedVentures had things happening on THIS side of the Mississippi!! :wink:

MoparPosterChild
01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
What about going to the Streets of Willow Springs on the 10th? $150. I ran that track in a bunch of Challengers at a private event with Chrysler. It was LOADS of fun!

Cam
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
What about going to the Streets of Willow Springs on the 10th? $150. I ran that track in a bunch of Challengers at a private event with Chrysler. It was LOADS of fun!

For me, willow on the weekends is too packed. I prefer the mid week stuff. Hey, if your in town, come on out and play, it'll be a blast.

MoparPosterChild
01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
For me, willow on the weekends is too packed. I prefer the mid week stuff. Hey, if your in town, come on out and play, it'll be a blast.

That's the bummer, I'll be in Moscow on the 24th, so I definitely can't be there!

Cam
01-02-2009, 05:50 PM
That's the bummer, I'll be in Moscow on the 24th, so I definitely can't be there!

Very cool!. Hey, we'll be at a private track day at Famoso on the 17th. If you can make it up, I'll toss ya the keys.

MattRobertson
01-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Streets of Willow is definitely on my hit list but I'm not sure I can fit it into the schedule this year. I sure want to try. I wanted to hit Buttonwillow a second time asap and there you are. Plus for me the 10th is too soon. I'm on a one month layoff from track events so I can get the car worked over a little, and give my wallet a rest over the holidays, where I have presents to buy... and property tax to pay... and registration is up on three cars.

:blam::panic::sad:

DadsSRT8
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM

BW track gates open up @ 6:00 AM .. they access a $10.00 gate fee to everyone including passengers (unless this fee is waived by SV, which may not be the case as I participated in the 12/24 SV BW event and I paid $10 per person for everyone in the car)..

Lerado/BW exit is 10 mi north of the 5 & 58 interchange and the exit name is Leardo exit, turn left (coming from the south) and go over the fwy about 1/2 mile to the west and you will see the Cal Club sign, turn left...

BW has a small cafeteria and food is available off track wtihin a 10 min drive

MattRobertson
01-03-2009, 07:24 PM
You gonna be there bud?