PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Euro LX's made?

Asp Man
12-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I saw quite a few, wasn't expecting to see any, 300's and 300 Tourings in the UK as well as on mainland Europe. I am wondering where they were manufactured?

Of the ones I saw, lots were 3.0 CDI, a few Hemi powered ones and a couple SRT8s.

It was strange, for me, to see a 300C with R/T wheels and mesh grille from the factory!

Here's one I spotted in S.London one day. A right hand driver, ((SRT?)wheels)
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p299/97Aspman/IMG_0844.jpg

gossame1
12-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Asp Man,

Hello, This is Brian Carotenuto. There are two production sites for the LX line, The main production site is in Brampton, Ontario Canada, and the alternate site is Graz, Austria (If that plant is still operating). The Austria plant made the LX line at the Magna Steyr plant under license.

Hope this information helps

magnum hemi80
12-03-2008, 05:23 AM
hi
if you want see more Hemi, you can come to see me in France

Asp Man
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the quick answer, gossame1. Brampton I knew about, Graz I did not. There's one in china somewhere, too.

Magnum hemi80, you must get a lot of questions about your car where you are. I did not see any Magnums over there at all!

402 Performance
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the quick answer, gossame1. Brampton I knew about, Graz I did not. There's one in china somewhere, too.

Magnum hemi80, you must get a lot of questions about your car where you are. I did not see any Magnums over there at all!

The Magnum is sold as the Chrysler 300 Touring in Europe. I believe hemi80 bought his in the US.

300cAMG
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
in the UK thy get mesh grilles ,RT rims,fender side marker/signle lights, electric auto fold side mirrors,and CRD enegines. for what thy pay for the LX car thy should get no less.

Greenheugh
07-10-2009, 07:56 AM
All that stuff in the photo and mentioned in the thread is optional extra from the dealership Startech catalogue. It is extremely expensive and poor quality. The grille, however, looks the best of any grille and is the most similar to a Bentley. It is chrome plated plastic and a devil to clean inside the cells. The chrome on the surround suffers from micro-bubbles. The wheels corrode and the front rims stick out beyond the tyres and suffer badly from kerb damage.
The Startech stuff does look good though, especially the exhausts.
The LX platform built in Graz is called the LE. They are all 300C and trimmed as such, and as stated in this post the estate version is called Touring - nothing to do with a 300 trim spec - and has the Magnum shell.

G.

JonW
07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
It's funny when you get tuned into the subtle differences between US spec and Euro spec LX's. The other night I watched "KNOW1NG" with Nicholas Cage. The movie was set in Boston, but I noticed in a few scenes that the Chrysler 300 was a Euro model (R/T wheels, side markers). I told my wife that the movie wasn't shot in Boston and had to be done outside the US. Sure enough, when the credits rolled, it was in Australia!