PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Seca: December 4

MattRobertson
09-26-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm going back to Laguna Seca on December 4th. This will be, I think, my fifth time on this track this year. Maybe the sixth. I forget exactly :-)

The difference this time is I will be going via Hooked On Driving... and I am downgrading myself to the A group (novice). The reason for that is Hooked On Driving will put an expert instructor in the car with you all day to give you real-time advice on your driving line. This is the perfect opportunity to find and have the opportunity to fix any bad habits I have picked up during the last two years on this track. I have taken about five seconds off my best lap time on my own this year, and if I want to saw off a significant amount of time (my goal is another three seconds, to at least 1:49.999) learning how to drive seems the best way to git'r'done.

http://www.laguna-seca.com/files/Laguna-Seca-trackmap.gif

Ron380
09-26-2008, 02:51 PM
'Bout time you learned how to drive! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Have a great time, Matt! Try and get some video's, too! :banana:

stevesrt8
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
there's nothing quite like having one in the car with you. You can pick up a lot with that humble attitude.

Good luck

Trojan
09-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Sounds like the hot ticket Matt, As Im sure there are several lines around that track.
In a perfect world I can be there to. Cant make any promises just yet but if I can I will.

uglyman8
09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
What is the price tag and where exactly is Laguna Seca? I have 2 weeks of vaca burning a hole in my pocket!!

Cheatek
10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
So Matt you're not doing the Speed Ventures track day at LS in Nov? Darn, was hopin to meet :(

Fast56k
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Laguna Seca is a must do at least one time track.

C.

uglyman8
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, it's roughly 1800 miles from where I live. I would love to make it out there...but I need some idea on prices and what not. My maggie would love to stretch her legs!

MattRobertson
10-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Sorry I missed the replies to this thread guys.

Uglyman, Hooked On Driving's events can be seen and signed up for at http://hookedondriving.com. I believe price for the day was $345, which is fairly low for this track. Usually its about $380 and I have paid as much as $450. The way these guys instruct you would be doing a best-case experience on this world-class track.

Trojan, Give it a shot!

Cheatek, Maybe I can stop by in the morning before your drivers meeting. The track is just down the road from my house and sort of on the way of my commute. If I make a big detour :D

Steve Levin
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I will try and make it as a coach if I can -- it depends on a few things falling just right.

Steve