http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/1.jpg

http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/6.jpg

http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/5.jpg

http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/4.jpg

http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/8.jpg

http://www.lxforums.com/images/How_To/jetchip/7.jpg

Redfox0099
04-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Have you seen a real improvement from installing the jet chip?

MagnumFreak
10-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Man! Leave it to my friends here on lxforums to post pics 10 times better than the ones in the installation manual. Going to go get a 180 degree thermostat and install it and the chip in a little while.

Thanks BobF

OA-5599
10-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Man! Leave it to my friends here on lxforums to post pics 10 times better than the ones in the installation manual. Going to go get a 180 degree thermostat and install it and the chip in a little while.

Thanks BobF

This place does ROCK! Just remember you will have a little bit more difficulty if you have an earlier build with the heat sink. You will have to pull the dust cover off of the connector to make enough room to wiggle the thing back in. Perhaps, if you have an early build, you might take a picture of yours before it goes back in so we have both covered.

SoCal_Magnum
10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
What size is the bolt guys? 5/16 ? I'm installing tonight and want to be prepared :D

Daytona#1329
11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
I just installed the Jetchip - very easy; however, I could not fit the whole unit back in the cowl with the dust cover over the wires installed. I had to leave the wiring harness dust cover off and the unit was still very difficult to squeeze back into the cowl. Has anyone else felt this was a big problem. For now the chip is installed but without that dust cover over the wires and the wires are pressed fairly firmly against the insulation down there. I do not feel it is a huge deal, but would like it to be whole.

I Did read an earlier post that mentions a heat sink on earlier build chips that makes it a tight fit. Maybe this is the case with mine but there is no external visibility of any heat sink.

Any thought are appreciated. Thanks!

Daytona#1329

GN_driver
11-15-2005, 12:13 AM
I never did remove the dust cover but did hacksaw the opposite end bolt lug off and then it went in.

chasb
11-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Did you have trouble getting the harness back in with the dust cover on??

It doesn't fit on the 300C. (Besides, the clips broke on mine anyway so I wouldn't have been able to put it back.

BillyDsl
11-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Great pictorial, thanks..
As most, I had to leave off the connector dust cover but used some of that new Glad Press & Seal and wrapped it to make sure it stayed dry. Also I haven't seen mention of this but I had a little prob actually plugging in the module. After careful inspection and making sure all pins were straight, I decided to use a 1/8" bit and form a small divot around each hole to make sure it would guide all pins in correctly. After that it seated much easier and I felt better than having to apply to much pressure.
Not sure why Jet didn't design that into the unit.

Now I have to grab a shower and test it out on the way to the car show here in Houston.

Thanks again for all the tips..

quarky42
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
I'd sure love to see some Dyno results on the Jet Chip 1. If someone has easy access to dyno and can do a before and after Jet Chip 1, that would be very interesting to see what real gains can be had by the chip.

If time permits:
Before,
After, (drive around town and highway for an hour before the next dyno)
and then a week later after the car has become used to it.

Any takers?

Mr. Moe
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Is this install the same for the 2.7L V6 MAG?

boggart
03-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, the install is exactly the same. Not sure why the Title says HEMI.

Mr. Moe
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Cool Thanks for the info. Mine should be here next week

XxBlkHemiChargerxX
05-30-2006, 04:33 AM
i have a question, can you have the jet chip and super chips turner together, will they work together if you put them on and them not interfer with each other...and is it a good stack?

Darth Wagon
06-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok, All this Yak-Yak and not one word about what it actually does for performance. Great pictures, thank you very much.

What the hell does it do for performance, fuel economy tire smoke?

tlaselva
06-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Ok, All this Yak-Yak and not one word about what it actually does for performance. Great pictures, thank you very much.

What the hell does it do for performance, fuel economy tire smoke?

Anyone?

Darth Wagon
06-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Am I to assume that the lack of response means the Jet chip does absolutely nothing?

Then why buy one? :?: :?: :?:

NC-R/T
06-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Well I installed the stage 2 for 3.L last week and I could feel the difference. The most notable for me was the reduction of throttle lag. The MPG ought to increase also. My exhaust used to have a lot of soot on it(rich) and it looks much cleaner now, so I am just guessing it is running a bit leaner. The car just seems to respond much better now. A side note for us 3.5L guys, it looks like the chip is our only hope right now. Just dont expect any dramtic change. The other thing I noticed with the install is that in the hemi picture only 3 plugs are used. My 3.5 had all 4 pluged in. Why the difference?

Scarbs
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Any one got the Part # for the dust cover? They break so easy.

SHAGINWAGIN
08-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah! What the....

Meister
09-26-2006, 10:42 PM
1. Am I to assume that the lack of response means the Jet chip does absolutely nothing?

2. ...why buy one?...1. Not at all darth. To do so would be a big mistake. For the typical used price of $150 for a used Stage II Jet Chip, or even $240 or so for a new one if you shop around, it's hard to find a better performance bargain.

2. Because of the tremendous bang for the buck. If you will:
a. Buy the chip that matches your car's present or neartime future configuration,
b. (In the case of the stage 2) Run two tanks of premium through your car before even installing the chip. And continue to use the 91 or 93 octane fuel
once you've installed the chip, and
c. Disconnect the battery prior to either installing or un-installing the jet chip,
you should never be disappointed.

The Jet Chip's excellent fuel map richens your car's mixture when you're commanding power with your right foot. Across the board it gives you a power increase by fibbing to the PCM, telling it that it's cooler out than it really is. As a result the PCM responds with additional spark advance and more fuel, both of which contribute to greatly increased throttle response and downright power.

The chip also ups the tranny pressure, resulting in the quick, smooth, crisp shifts you've been missing. Even the 1-2 shift lag nearly disappears.

Independent tests I've seen show the stage 2 Jet Chip making slightly more power than the superchips tuner on the 5.7L Hemis.

It's a great little power adder - I'll not be without mine, even after adding the sc tuner to raise my limiters, it's indispensable. Smooths out my idle with the new cam very nicely.

And don't be surprised to see you fuel economy up by 1 to 2 mph (making more power your car isn't working as hard to respond to the demands of your right foot).

BobCav
09-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Meister, thanks for that write up! I've got a used Stage II coming tomorrow and I can't wait for it. Just by chance, I've ran two tanks of premium, one with FI cleaner and the last one with 104 Octane boost. Def a power adder there too.

Meister
09-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Meister, thanks for that write up! I've got a used Stage II coming tomorrow and I can't wait for it. Just by chance, I've ran two tanks of premium, one with FI cleaner and the last one with 104 Octane boost. Def a power adder there too.You'd best be hanging on when you light the wick tomorrow after installing your stage II jet chip, bob - with your list of mods your ride is flat gonna scream with the extra fuel, timing and tighter tranny. :thumbs_u:

Can you spell "went sideways" when you kick it going around a corner. Find a safe place and pull fuse 17 and have a camera crew at the ready. It'll be dramatic!

BobCav
09-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Oh great, thanks! Now I won't be able to sleep!!! Can't wait..I'll be sure to post my impressions tomorrow night.

michburt
09-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Is the Jetchip a 5.7 thing or do they have an appication for 6.1?

Mike

Meister
09-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh great, thanks! Now I won't be able to sleep!!! Can't wait..I'll be sure to post my impressions tomorrow night.Still out driving, Bob? :wink:

How'd it go?

Is the Jetchip a 5.7 thing or do they have an appication for 6.1?...There are separate stage 1 and stage 2 jet chips for the 6.1L Hemi as well, Mike. Same rules apply. Remember to order the jet chip stage 2 even if you have NO mods provided you'll be getting an aftermarket air intake, including a Frankentake, within the next 3 or 4 months. In that case you'll not realize the full power potential of the stage 2 chip until you add your Corsa cat back exhaust, or whichever brand of free flow exhaust system you choose.

Further, even with no mods yet, you MUST be running high octane fuel (91 or 93 octane) when you install the stage 2 chip, and then continue to do so.

BobCav
09-30-2006, 10:47 PM
LOL...Hey mister Meister! Since the move in July, I've been using my wife's laptop and I've been busy lately FINALLY assembling my desk, computer room and old computer set up. Yes, the chip is AWESOME!! I could tell the difference as soon as I started her up. Even at idle she sounded like she had a bit more "authority". I'm sue I wouldn't have noticed with a stock exhaust, but with the headers and Corsa it was easy to hear. The power curve is much sweeter, but to be honest, I haven't really had a chance to take her out and open her up yet. Only 7 miles to work and all side streets with 3 schools...not much chance there. Tomorrow I'll have a couple chances to play on the highway.

rambo
11-05-2006, 01:42 AM
how does the car feel after the chip is in

GotMe-N-R/T
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Would it be a problem to add the Jet Chip 2 to a full tank of 87 octane?? What if I buy octane booster and add that to my tank??

higshemi
01-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Would it be a problem to add the Jet Chip 2 to a full tank of 87 octane?? What if I buy octane booster and add that to my tank??

Personally, I would wait until you drain the tank of 87(What are you doin runnin 87 anyways?!) You could possibly get some knocking with 87 and the stage II. I just took mine out today for a trip to the dealer this week and I miss it already. In my opiion I didn't notice an improvement in the Stage II until I took itout after driving with it for a few months.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Honestly I could swear 87 was good enough. I had orginally used 93 but than I read/heard that 93 was totally unecessary and 87 was good enough.

higshemi
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, if your running a jet chip your better off fillin up with 91, it may cost you a few bucks more but you'll gain it back MPG. You may want to consider a 180 tstat swap as well. Quick, easy, cheap and gives you a little more pop at the throttle.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-06-2007, 05:12 PM
So installing it right now would be a bad idea huh?? I would say I have had it filled twice with 87 octane. Someone here on another thread said that the car may already have the sawp and I should look it up. Where would I find that info. at about my car thermostat??

higshemi
01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
So installing it right now would be a bad idea huh?? I would say I have had it filled twice with 87 octane. Someone here on another thread said that the car may already have the sawp and I should look it up. Where would I find that info. at about my car thermostat??

Well, I wouldn't do it, and I'm sure there are many other jet chip owners who would do it either. If your itchin to install it, run it down to half tank and fill it up with 93.. Then install it.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Yea I was itchin a lil but I just put everything back and figured I could wait. Who knows how much I would have to spend later becasue of being impatient.

Meister
01-06-2007, 06:16 PM
You're not going to "break" anything by doing so, GM. But you'll certainly not be getting full benefit of the chip, power wise, either. You'll only get full power from the stage II jet chip with 91 octane fuel (or better).

The single most important thing you can do to ensure the proper function of your PCM is to disconnect the battery for each install/uninstall of the Jet Chip.

If you'll follow the advice of the others here, AND disconnect your battery for the install, the differences should be readily apparent when you do put the jet II back in, both in terms of how the transmission shifts and in how the engine responds to throttle inputs.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Can I get a 170 degree Tstat from a regular store like pep boys or aid autos or should I just order it on-line??

Meister
01-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Can I get a 170 degree Tstat from a regular store like pep boys or aid autos or should I just order it on-line??You can get the finest tstat ever for the LX Hemis, the RobertShaw/MotoRad 383-170 at your nearest AutoZone.

If they're not in stock you simply special order it - typically takes 2 days, and no extra charge.

See post #1 here for everything you'll need to know, including the ordering instructions at AutoZone (suggest you print a copy): http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=19830&highlight

GotMe-N-R/T
01-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the info. Meister. I will call autozone today. There is a DIY thread for changing the thermostat right??

Meister
01-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Meister. I will call autozone today. There is a DIY thread for changing the thermostat right??That's what I just referred you to, Gotme. :wink:

Post one has everything you'll ever need to know about installing a tstat, with a link to great video of the process.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Yea I know. I looked at it before I posted. I honestly dont know why I wrote that. Thanks again though

Fatrock
01-07-2007, 09:45 PM
You're not going to "break" anything by doing so, GM. But you'll certainly not be getting full benefit of the chip, power wise, either. You'll only get full power from the stage II jet chip with 91 octane fuel (or better).

The single most important thing you can do to ensure the proper function of your PCM is to disconnect the battery for each install/uninstall of the Jet Chip.

If you'll follow the advice of the others here, AND disconnect your battery for the install, the differences should be readily apparent when you do put the jet II back in, both in terms of how the transmission shifts and in how the engine responds to throttle inputs.

Damn, I misread something in here apparently! I just put my Stage II in just after Christmas, but I swear I read in here that all I had to do was pull fuse #11, and didn't have to disconnect the battree!! Of course, I had a new development over the weekend that necessitated removing the ECM-the tranny decided to kick it! So I had to watch my beast on a flatbed for the first and hopefully last time! I KNEW my tranny didn't feel right from the get-go. It was just too damn soft on the 1-2 shift. Anyway, did I miss something here? Do I have to unhook the battery AND pull fuse #11?? Man, do I feel stoopid...!

Meister
01-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Damn, I misread something in here apparently! I just put my Stage II in just after Christmas, but I swear I read in here that all I had to do was pull fuse #11, and didn't have to disconnect the battree!! Of course, I had a new development over the weekend that necessitated removing the ECM-the tranny decided to kick it! So I had to watch my beast on a flatbed for the first and hopefully last time! I KNEW my tranny didn't feel right from the get-go. It was just too damn soft on the 1-2 shift. Anyway, did I miss something here? Do I have to unhook the battery AND pull fuse #11?? Man, do I feel stoopid...!It's always best to follow the manufacturers instructions/precautions as a minimum. You can add additional safeguards; you should never do *less* than the manufacturer recommends you do.

You'll not find any mention of fuse 11 in your installation guide from Jet Performance. They clearly direct you to disconnect the battery. (Don't close the trunk, BTW, if your R/T is a Charger.)

For resetting codes & CELS, it is acceptable to pull fuse 11 for 15 or 20 seconds, vice disconnecting the battery.

However, any time the correct functioning of the ECM/PCM and/or TCM is involved I strongly urge you to disconnect the battery for a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes*. It both disconnects and resets things more deeply and thoroughly than does pulling fuse 17.

It appears that had you followed that simple rule this past weekend you'd not have had to have your vehicle towed/transported.

*(When the battery is disconnected there is nothing to be gained from also pulling fuse 11.)

GotMe-N-R/T
01-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Well before I read that the octane had to be at a certain level I had disconnected the battery and than I re-hooked it without the jet chip. The car felt a lil different just by disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. Was I jus feeling things or was something actually gainede by doing that alone???

higshemi
01-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I imagine what your feeling is the throttle adjustment. It resets after you disconnect the battery(making it feel more sensitive), then after a short time it adjusts to your driving style. I'm sure meister will shed a lil more light on the whole matter.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Well I installed the chip last night and the car feels a lil different. Because of the rainy weather I didnt really get on her yet. I do like how it drives after disconnecting the battery though. Do u suggest that I drive more aggressive than usual to keep this feeling??

Meister
01-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Well I installed the chip last night and the car feels a lil different. Because of the rainy weather I didnt really get on her yet. I do like how it drives after disconnecting the battery though. Do u suggest that I drive more aggressive than usual to keep this feeling??Well, number 1, I don't wish for you to wreck your car, so take it easy while the streets are wet.

Your car should continue to feel peppier, and the tranny firmer and quicker, from having installed the jet II.

Continue to use 91 or 93 and enjoy your great ride. When dry streets & traffic permit, get on it with some frequency. I believe you'll be pleased with your results.

GotMe-N-R/T
01-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Next mod: Should I spend my money on an exhaust or an intake?? My goal, depending on what I do with school, I hope too have a full exhaust with CAI.

Meister
01-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Next mod: Should I spend my money on an exhaust or an intake?? My goal, depending on what I do with school, I hope too have a full exhaust with CAI.Get the AirHammer first, then the Corsa exhaust.

Rationale: Costs less, so you get it sooner and begin enjoying its sweet music sooner. It'll keep you entertained while you save your shekels for the Corsa.

Plus the power gain you'll get from the AirHammer alone is greater than that from cat back alone, so you'll be playing with more horsepower at your disposal, hence more fun.

Fatrock
01-09-2007, 10:55 PM
It's always best to follow the manufacturers instructions/precautions as a minimum. You can add additional safeguards; you should never do *less* than the manufacturer recommends you do.

You'll not find any mention of fuse 11 in your installation guide from Jet Performance. They clearly direct you to disconnect the battery. (Don't close the trunk, BTW, if your R/T is a Charger.)

For resetting codes & CELS, it is acceptable to pull fuse 11 for 15 or 20 seconds, vice disconnecting the battery.

However, any time the correct functioning of the ECM/PCM and/or TCM is involved I strongly urge you to disconnect the battery for a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes*. It both disconnects and resets things more deeply and thoroughly than does pulling fuse 17.

It appears that had you followed that simple rule this past weekend you'd not have had to have your vehicle towed/transported.

*(When the battery is disconnected there is nothing to be gained from also pulling fuse 11.)
It appears the torque converter took a sh*t in my Magnum. I'm not really surprised as it has been a real slushbox since new. Should get it back tomorrow and hopefully will have a better starting point (better shifting tranny) to begin with.
Thanks again Meister.

Spittin Game
05-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I cant get the whole thing back in place after I just installed it. What is this dust cover you are all talking about that I need to take off???

Meister
05-26-2007, 03:36 PM
I never removed any covers. Whenever it was stubborn I'd use a wooden pry bar (the broken handle from a medium-sized sledge hammer) prying against the engine bay brace to push the firewall padding forward. This always provided enough space to drop the ECM assembly back down into the hole.

Some people have slicked up the firewall with KY jelly, etc., to reduce the drag of the ECM unit.

Whatever works, go with it. Do be careful, however, to protect the support brace from scratching or scuffing by placing a towel or shop rag over it, especially if you end up using a metal pry bar instead of the wooden one I suggested earlier.

srt8Ant
12-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm a member of lx car club here in va beach. i spoke to afew guys out here who already had the jet chip installed and one complains that it messed up his ECM and had to go to the stealership to pay $600 to get the problem fixed. needless to say he switched up to the predator and hasn't had a problem since. I'm guessing he just had bad luck but now im thinking twice about this jet chip and plus i have'nt really seen any proven results all i see is what they claim. is there any proven before and after vidz out there ?

1FST4DR
12-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey bud,There s a reason that this thread is 2 yrs old.Noone uses the Jet chip.Its useless..

REad up on the diablo..

legmaker
12-26-2009, 06:59 PM
man scott...... i thought you were digging up the good old days of your jet chip on the dyno!!!! lol

1FST4DR
12-26-2009, 07:01 PM
man scott...... i thought you were digging up the good old days of your jet chip on the dyno!!!! lol

Ummm Yeah,I really miss it.Ya think it will work for my 392??:caveman:

legmaker
12-26-2009, 07:02 PM
a little video on what to do with the jet chip......lol

http://srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120&highlight=chip

07ChargerSRT8
12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey bud,There s a reason that this thread is 2 yrs old.Noone uses the Jet chip.Its useless..

REad up on the diablo..

Shhhhhh!!! Some of us bought one before the Predator came out for our cars, hoping to get a little performance gain. How can we sell it to some unsuspecting shmuck if you guys keep dissing it? (Actually my conscience wouldn't allow me to do it. Live and learn!)