American Muscle Performance LLC

Post Thanks / Like

stalling rough idle

Wassup guys I hope everybody is being safe out here.

So here’s my deal my Maggie is givin me troubles again..after the whole overheating incident my car decided it wanted to throw its timing( more likely from constant OH). So I took it all apart and since I had the engine and front end apart I just went ahead and replaced all sensors and accessories. I did not replace SP wires and only replaced 3/8 ignition coils (replacing those today).

Long story short I put her all back together correctly, timed correctly (12,2, & 6 TDC for CY#1), and yes torqued correctly. I tried to start her up but almost immediately on start up, I have to keep my foot on gas or she shuts down and dies. Smells of raw fuel too when I start it. It was low on gas at first so I filled her up a little past half and tried again and same results.

I tried to “reset” the car to see if it was just a computer issue or something but no change. I’ve read MULTIPLE threads for weeks on this digital bible and I have tried literally everything I’ve come across except the FUEL TANK ISSUE.

I need some help guys I’m dying here I haven’t been able to drive Maggie for months. This engine is basically new at this point aside from a few internal engine parts.

P.S I have a flash in CEL, here’s what I got from the key dance: P0443, U110A. (The code for U110a is probably because I still have front clip removed.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Biggmarvv; 07-25-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    P0443 is an OBD-II generic code that the engine control module (ECM) has detected a malfunction with the purge control valve or its control circuit. This could mean an open or short in the valve or circuit.

What happens when a purge valve goes bad?

If your canister purge valve is stuck open, however, it creates a vacuum leak that can affect your engine adversely. ... This will change the car's air to fuel ratio, and can cause rough idling (car feels rough and bouncy when the engine is running), as well as difficulty starting.Feb 24, 2017

13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I appreciate the info but I actually already replaced the purge valve/solenoid and I am still receiving that code. Is there a specific fuse for me to reset/clear it? Or could it be a deeper issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Look into the wiring then, not sure about fuses.