Post Thanks / Like

Recent Oil report.

Figured I would share.

2011 Former GSP Charger Pursuit. Purchased 113K, Lifter/Cam failure 117K, Currently sitting at 157K (miles).

The first sample is seen far right with Iron being 38PPM. Second sample was after cam repair (finally second cam install was 125K thanks to enginetech lifters).

I do not run any special magical oils, and the car does not get babied. 2020 saw well over 60 passes at local Dragstrip (1/8) many trips to Dragons Tail and one 5,300 mile road trip done in 7 days. (This sample is from that road trip actually)

I run Mobile 1 5-30, with 1 Qt Lucas Full Syn Oil additive. The two previous samples were 5w-20 Mobil 1 no additives.

2011 Dodge Charger Ex GSP NightHawks Pursuit
    6.4 Intake w/active Runners
    Best Time in 1/8 mile 8.782 @ 80.73mph 2.020 60ft

Thanks Jay Z thanked for this post
    Likes Lowlife44, BryGuy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Never believed in adding anything to your oil, just buy good oil that has what you need in it. With that said my car gets rotella 5w40. Matched with a Wix filter I've never had any issues. Only sent off 2 to get lab reports and passed with flying colors. But also to be honest.... I drive my car like a 75yr old man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    Never believed in adding anything to your oil, just buy good oil that has what you need in it. With that said my car gets rotella 5w40. Matched with a Wix filter I've never had any issues. Only sent off 2 to get lab reports and passed with flying colors. But also to be honest.... I drive my car like a 75yr old man.
    LOL, I am over 75 and drive like a stupid kid....foot in it more than half the time. One would think that great feel in the seat of the pants would get old after a while......not so. I even hope to purchase a Tesla S Plaid+ later this year. Have to get rid of the SRT8 and maybe the Jeep first though. That'll be hard to do though.
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT (5.7's) both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, advanced FRI Sidewinder Cams (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrains, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK or Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the best place to get an oil analysis these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerPursuit View Post
    Where's the best place to get an oil analysis these days?
    Blackstone Laboratories

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, I just changed my oil and plan on getting another. Its been a while.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Edelbrock E-Force 2300TVS 6.8 PSI, 450hp/459tq, Corsa CatBack, 3.06 Wavetrac 215mm Diff, Severe Duty Radiator, Dual Fans, OE Oil Cooler, Pursuit BR9 Brakes. DSS Two Piece Aluminum Tracking Number Received.