Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemihackman View Post
    I was also thinking of the main difference 08- to 09 was taller valve train. Can heavier springs and revised Eagle valve train cause rollers to fail?
    On the Contrary, I feel heavier springs would help if I were to argue with my valve train theory. Roller lifters require higher seat pressures (stronger springs) to help control the lifter vs flat tappets.

There was talk and some speculation about the hemi ticking having something to deal with Pushrod lengths. However I never saw true conclusive data on it to favor an opinion on it.
    2011 Dodge Charger Pursuit 113K Miles. Stock for Now.
    Cop Brakes, Cop Exhaust, Cop Suspension,
    It's the model with the big bull bar so pedestrians get out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    Yeh, a 2013 @132k miles, and if it's a factor a supercharger, I am holding my breath.

Great oil analysis numbers, silent running, I'll just replace her with upgraded components.

Lifter No.5 failing seems to come up often. Both MDS & non-MDS seem to happen. I have my MDS disabled in the tune.
    The No. 5 cylinder being a common culprit is a huge wrench in the "its not a casting issue" argument there is if ever one. This is why I threw in the idea that perhaps a year range casting run does have issues.

Being supercharged I doubt puts and additional strain on the valve train. (if anything it helps it open the intake valves easier!)

Thing about MDS is the lifters are different, but most importantly the four cylinders have different cam lobes with unque ramp profiles as well as exhaust timing being wanna say advanced. When I ran non mds lifters on a mds cam cause internet told you could I noticed the funky exhaust tone right away along with the low idle misfires. Why I am huge about not mis matching those parts.

What I am missing is people who have repaired their lifters, and then had same issue again within same miles. This would place the engines around 200K. So only time will tell if indeed was parts or casting issue. Chances are good I'll be keeping my Charger for a while so if lifters fail come 210K. I'll know little more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone had their cam and lifters cryotreated? Ive used this process on so many other parts with excellent results.
    2005 Magnum R/T
    Diablo Predator,
    C&L CAI
    SRT manis & exhaust
    Mopar Performance 2800 converter
    Quaife LSD
    Spartan cam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar2ya View Post
    Has anyone had their cam and lifters cryotreated? Ive used this process on so many other parts with excellent results.
    I'm curious; what parts, what were the resulting property changes and how did you measure "excellent results"?
    Last edited by Hemissary; 06-23-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mechanical titanium rocker adjusters that would wear every pass requiring adjustment each pass and replacement after each event, after cryo, eliminated wear. Trans drums and planetaries that would wear after each event, would go the entire season. Cryo treated the entire FWD 3spd trans in my drag car doing 5k launches on a trans brake, still going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234