Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    08 Charger RT Resurrected
    Fastest Recorded Pass; 11.48 @ 120mph
    **Stock 5.7 block, Stock heads, Stock cam, Stock converter, OCP dual plane intake, throttle body adapter and old school filter through hood, JBA shorty headers, JBA catless mid-pipes to dumps, stock transmission, stock carrier, stock gears, a lot of nitrous, Hoosier slicks, front runners, aeromotive fuel rails/crossovers, colder plugs, and a good tune. Car currently weighs 3600 lbs without driver**
    Likes Jay Z, ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    That thing looks seriously rowdy! Very cool and original setup.

I'm very surprised you're getting away with that much spray on a stock bottom end.

I was thinking I'd need a built short block to spray a decent amount due to bad con rods and cast pistons

2006 300C
    -Cam swap in progress-
    comp 273, 3.73 Getrag LSD, BBK Shortys, no cats w/ half of a corsa cat back
    Likes Banshee_RT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @TRQmonster thank you! It's all in the setup and tune. Alot of testing and testing and testing lol. Although it's not without risk, as long as the afr is good, and the plugs read good, then the motor is taking it fine. Trying to run before you can crawl is how you blow your stuff up.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Pending weather for next week, I'm planning on heading back to Atco on Tuesday. I ordered another stage colder plugs, so I can see what it will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee_RT View Post

Badazzness! What seats are those and how are they mounted? What did you use as a door panel and to cover the spare tire well?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    MODS: AIRAID cai, Heartthrob cat back, Diablo 91 CAI, 180 T-stat, BT Catch can

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been running the stock pre-eagle intake on my car as long as I've had it. The problem is I needed more power, and to be more specific, because I use an awful amount of nitrous, I needed something that would help me build more power into the future, and take some abuse.
    I started exactly where everyone else does, this site, facebook groups, etc and was pretty set on swapping over to a 6.1 intake. The problem with that is that I knew I would eventually run into the same issues I had with the stock plastic intake, minus the fragility part. Also I absolutely hate using the same parts everyone else uses.
    Since my car is basically a dedicated racecar now, I wasn't really looking at emissions capabilities, mainly I was looking for an intake that I knew I could spray heavily on. I started to look at the dragpak intake, and cascar versions. I loved the idea of running a big plenum intake with a carb nitrous plate, then an elbow out to the throttle body, etc. See there are really only a few options for a nitrous plate on a throttle body, and I had already used the NO version. Unless you want to spend the coin on direct port, that's really the limit of your options. So naturally with a carb intake, there are thousands of available plate configurations to choose from, and I decided that I would be going this route.
    While looking at the big plenum intakes, and getting ready to place my order, I came across an intake made by OCPerformance. I reached out to Joe, and discussed my build. First off, for a guy basically building/designing/fabricating everything by himself, I couldn't believe how great the communication was. He answered all my questions, was very upfront on his thoughts about heavy spray, and before long one of his beautiful creations was on its way to my house.

We decided to use the pre-eagle 5.7 carbed intake, along with his air horn conversion that allows the use of an old school circle air cleaner. My anxiety was through the roof waiting for delivery, but I didn't have to wait long.

*I will add pics of the entire swap, start to finish, as well as extra details after. There's alot to type out*

As an avid backyard mechanic, I wasn't scared at all to dig into my motor, especially since it's not the first time I've needed to remove the stock intake. (Nitrous backfire blew my original to pieces, twice)

My stock intake came off super easy, no issues, and I was careful to make note of all the connections and hoses etc. I will add that I had previously done the egr delete, so that helped as well.

I bolted the new intake, and entire air horn/nitrous plate assembly together first, inside my house. Then bolted the entire assembly into the car, because I'm lazy and it was just easier that way.

The new intake requires some slight modifications to the factory wiring. I had to lengthen the throttle body harness, as well as the iat sensor, and map. Not complicated, just splice in a length of wire needed to make it to the new location.
    Other than the wiring, it was a brainless install, and even if you had no clue how to start, Joe includes a set of instructions that are so meticulously detailed I have no doubt my 6yr old could have done this.

**I NEED to mention here, that I was absolutely blown away with the fit and finish of the parts included with this intake. It looks like a work of art, and I am legitimately asked about it everywhere I go.**

So how does it perform?

The difference is quite incredible to be honest. On motor, the car has a ton more torque, and the throttle response is very noticeably improved. I have only sprayed 150 on the new setup so far, because on my 4th pass of the night I broke the driveshaft.

On my previous setup, NO throttle body plate, headers, tune, plugs, tires and a 150 the car went 12.5-12.6.
    Eventually I was spraying almost 300, but I kept finding weak spots in the car. I was able to see a best of 11.4.

I made 4 passes so far.

On motor alone it went 12.9
    100 shot it went 12.5 with a bad 60 (like 2.0)
    150 shot it went 12.1 with a 1.8 60
    150 shot(increased fuel jet) it 60ft 1.7 and I broke the driveshaft.
    I would imagine that last pass was into the 11s based off the 60ft.
    Also I have just handheld tuned the car, nothing extraordinary.

From a 12.5/12.6 to 11.9/12.0 on the same size nitrous hit, is a very big jump.
    I'm hoping to see 10s now when I bump up to the 300 on this new setup.

I am going to keep posting here with updates, and photos when anything changes. Hopefully this helps anyone thinking about swapping out their intake. So far I am beyond happy with my desicion to use OCPerformance products on my car.
    Great info... Can you give more details on your build. I have a 13' Police Pursuit I was planning on spraying. It's stock powered with tons of weight reduction (3550) race weight without me in it, 91 tune, 3800 stall, one piece shaft, Getrag 3.91, drag shocks/struts, 275/50/17s. My goal was 10s for $10k bout $6k in total. Best ET so [email protected] 60' 1.68 DA 6000. Looking at your hits and 60's I'd be pretty similar. Really curious on how your going to keep things together on a 300 hit Install and testing of dual plane carbed intake swap on 08 Charger

Sent from my LG-G710 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Last edited by I.R.-LEGEND; 10-05-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R.-LEGEND View Post
    Great info... Can you give more details on your build. I have a 13' Police Pursuit I was planning on spraying. It's stock powered with tons of weight reduction (3550) race weight without me in it, 91 tune, 3800 stall, one piece shaft, Getrag 3.91, drag shocks/struts, 275/50/17s. My goal was 10s for $10k bout $6k in total. Best ET so [email protected] 60' 1.68 DA 6000. Looking at your hits and 60's I'd be pretty similar. Really curious on how your going to keep things together on a 300 hit
    I've put 300 through the car previously. Look through my past posts, I've broken alot of driveline parts. The car was designed to handle 300ish HP, and I'm more than doubling that on some passes. Sometimes it holds, sometimes it breaks.

The door panels are thin sheet metal with a carbon fiber overlay. The spare tire well is not covered, I cut it out if the car. I used the same thin sheet metal, and some support struts to redo the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pending weather for next week, I'm planning on heading back to Atco on Tuesday. I ordered another stage colder plugs, so I can see what it will do.
    I have a customer picking up an Engine this Tuesday. Weather looks good for Tuesday night, track might be slick if it rains in the am
    10.55 @ 130 , Not bad for NA392 ,4400lbs truck

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats this car weigh?... i have a 1st gen SRT mine with me in it is 4600lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My Hemi View Post
    Whats this car weigh?... i have a 1st gen SRT mine with me in it is 4600lbs
    Without me in the car it sits at 3550lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn....whats your best ET so far? and what shot? i was at atco 2 weeks ago...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My Hemi View Post
    Damn....whats your best ET so far? and what shot? i was at atco 2 weeks ago...
    It's in my signature. That was on a 285 shot and much much heavier. I was full weight minus passenger and rear seats. I also ran a 26" tire to help the car leave better.

Now I'm on a full 28x10.5 Hoosier. And it's obviously lighter.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's in my signature. That was on a 285 shot and much much heavier. I was full weight minus passenger and rear seats. I also ran a 26" tire to help the car leave better.

Now I'm on a full 28x10.5 Hoosier. And it's obviously lighter.
    wow thats a big shot...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast