Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

6.4l 392 swap into 06 5.7l

Interested in this swap but there doesnt seem to be much info on it. Seems to be conflicting opinions but I know it has been done many times. Anybody know exactly what is needed to swap the engine and maybe the trans. Any input is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 BB Chrysler 300C 6.4l Swap
    6.4l Swap Tuned By Chris At Hotwireauto, Stock SRT Exhaust, PowerStop Evolution S/D Brakes, 22" Velocity Rims, Street Edge Coilovers, SPC Upper Control Arms/Rear Bushings, Powerbass Amp/Dual 12" Subs, 8000k Led, Smoked Headlights/Fogs/Tails/Sides, Black Grill, Tinted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter300c View Post
    Interested in this swap but there doesnt seem to be much info on it. Seems to be conflicting opinions but I know it has been done many times. Anybody know exactly what is needed to swap the engine and maybe the trans. Any input is appreciated!

I highly doubt this, as putting ANY VVT engine into a non-VVT engined chassis would create many potential problems, (lots of them caused by the VVT itself) probably making it not worth the time and $$$. Now if you took an early non-VVT engine and created your own 392 or ???, with either 5.7 or 6.1 based engine, it would be quite easy and probably only require a good tune and some bigger injectors. Not saying it can't be done but for sure, with the VVT engine, you'd probably be better off locking the phaser in a fixed position and completely doing away with the VVT. That would simplify things a lot. It's also my understanding that some of the accessories are located in different positions than the early LX vehicles and some of the electrical plugs are different which would require some circuit chasing and re-wiring. Bottom line.....there are many other ways you can go to get engine displacement/horsepower you're after, without all the potential problems. What kind of power are you looking for in your 06?
    06 300CSRT8, Comp cammed, 85mm TB, HP/DS Tuners, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuman View Post
    I highly doubt this, as putting ANY VVT engine into a non-VVT engined chassis would create many potential problems, (lots of them caused by the VVT itself) probably making it not worth the time and $$$. Now if you took an early non-VVT engine and created your own 392 or ???, with either 5.7 or 6.1 based engine, it would be quite easy and probably only require a good tune and some bigger injectors. Not saying it can't be done but for sure, with the VVT engine, you'd probably be better off locking the phaser in a fixed position and completely doing away with the VVT. That would simplify things a lot. It's also my understanding that some of the accessories are located in different positions than the early LX vehicles and some of the electrical plugs are different which would require some circuit chasing and re-wiring. Bottom line.....there are many other ways you can go to get engine displacement/horsepower you're after, without all the potential problems. What kind of power are you looking for in your 06?
    It has been done, check YouTube or look into it a bit and you'll see. It looks like the easier way is too lock the cam phaser which removes the vvt functionality so it can be tuned with the existing pcm. I'd like to know what it takes for the engine to be fully functional with vvt and active intake manifold. It bolts to the 5 speed nag 1 and looks like you cant use the 392 8 speed trans very easily which isn't the end of the world but would be nice to know how it could be used. Obviously the driveshaft and rear end would be needed aswell if 392 trans is employed. If I cant figure this out I'll stick to original plan but this seems very cool to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I just want the 8 speed in my car. :(
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my full build at worldsfastesthemi.com
    Likes ronan978, Hemihackman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agoristmike View Post
    Have you looked into making it work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up Sound German automotive in WA. They have figured out how to do it. You need their harness ($1000), a trans, car electronic shifter and the correct driveshaft.
    Likes karellan, agoristmike, AnglerRT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnoom View Post
    Look up Sound German automotive in WA. They have figured out how to do it. You need their harness ($1000), a trans, car electronic shifter and the correct driveshaft.
    That's a good find right there! Thanks, now what about the heart of the beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything can be done, but it cost. Guy in Miami took a wrecked hellcat and literaly converted a 06 Magnum into a Hellcat, but he used everything from the hellcat, dash. consule, complete interior, right down to the red keyfob working. I was truely amazed.
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.75 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked into making it work?

I did, I reached out to SHR who said it absolutely wouldn't, but that was a while back now. I will check out Sound German.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good find right there! Thanks, now what about the heart of the beast.

Depends on your skills, wallet or not if both lol. Modern Muscle quoted me $13k for a factory 392 install into my old 06 R/T, $7500 of that being a factory New 392 because they wouldn't install anything but a new engine. The rest is harness alterations/installs and programming + labor.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I did, I reached out to SHR who said it absolutely wouldn't, but that was a while back now. I will check out Sound German.
    I called and had a lengthy conversation with him as I was looking to retrofit ZF's to both my truck and Magnum.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to announce that a 392 with 4k miles is being installed currently and will be tuned after. The srt exhaust is also being mounted. I'll be storing the 8 speed trans, driveshaft and rear cradle until that swap is developed foolproof. Vvt will be retained as well as the active intake manifold. I'm very excited, this will be quite the unique build. I will post pics and a video once running.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to announce that a 392 with 4k miles is being installed currently and will be tuned after. The srt exhaust is also being mounted. I'll be storing the 8 speed trans, driveshaft and rear cradle until that swap is developed foolproof. Vvt will be retained as well as the active intake manifold. I'm very excited, this will be quite the unique build. I will post pics and a video once running.

Who's doing the work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. 6.4l 392 swap into 06 5.7l

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Following

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast