Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not an overly radical cam, just a slightly higher lift and smaller (lower) LSA than many similar relatively mild cams. It should have a real good low end and midrange but lack a little on the top, as those specs. will tend to reduce the spread of the power band because of the LSA. Overall, IMO, sounds like a pretty good street type cam, as you probably won't try to drive around all day long at 5000-6000 RPM. It would probably be a good 1/8 mile drag racer, if that's your thing. All the cams I have in mine (Comp. cams in all 3) are around .525 lift, 208-212 duration @.050 and 113-114 LSA. A cam with a lower LSA will tend to cause idle quality problems though, and that's maybe what is going on with yours. IMO, this one would be a fun one to troubleshoot and tinker with.
    Last edited by magnuman; 05-16-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    06 300CSRT8, cammed only so far, 06 Jeep GCO and 05 Magnum RT both modded almost the same, MDS "ON" Lt, Fumoto Drain Valves, BT Catch Cans, SRT8 CAIs, AFE Filters, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC, DS and HP Tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvrs, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cams advanced (Jeep 6*/Maggie 10*), 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK and Arrington 90mm T-Bodies, SOS Ign Coils,TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps.

Post Thanks / Like
    That’s ehat I originally thought about the specs of the cam, but with my exhaust setup and everything (full true straight pipe) it’s ok up to about 70ish and then it pulls like a freight train through to some illegal speeds lol.

As far as the lsa, I knew that’s what would effect the idle, that’s why he got me this cam because its a pretty mild one that would still have the capability to sound a little choppy, which there again, he has a ton of other 5.7s withthis cam in it supposedly, and tuned bt him. I just have no idea what it is at this point. I dont see how a valve could have bent or anything like that considering how “well” it runs, just a little surge down low and idle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrow7 View Post
    So I’ve done a ton of research and there are soo many things to fail or need replaced, so looking for some help.

The Problem:

I have to give it a little gas right after cranking for it to stay running, or the rpms will go up then back down and shut it off. After starting its fine at idle, until it will sometimes jerk or take 5-6 second to shift when I change gears. Also, I have to come to a stop slowly or it will drop the rpms again and die.

I know some others have been touching on the fuel tank issue. Does it happen after pumping a full tank???

I've been living with the fuel tank issue (I know, I'm lazy) in my 05' for a while and the symptoms I have are:

The car dies frequently after pumping a full tank...
    Intermittent hesitation while driving after pumping a full tank...
    Stalls frequently when coming to a stop.

Pretty much the same symptoms you are having. The fuel tank issue causes the fuel to not make it into the motor, and only happens when the tank is full. After driving about 10-15 miles the symptoms go away and it operates like normal.
    2005 300C
    MMPG 6.1 Heads, Custom Cam, MMPG 87mm TB
    C&L Intake, Tranzformer, Moroso Catch Can
    Richmond 3.55 , Quaife LSD , Getrag 3.06 LSD, 226mm upgrade
    API Tuned
    DSS 2-Piece Chromoly DS
    B&C Coilovers, Speedlogix Adjustable Billet Rear Control Arms
    SRT-8 Replica 20x9 Wheels
    400whp/399wtq

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t think mine is related to the fuel tank thing. I tried looking up the recalls on my VIN and I only had one for an airbag. Also, it doesnt seem to ONLY happen with a full tank and doesnt stop, even with 1/4 tank.

I also dont think it’d make sense that if it was that issue, it would get better or worse with certain revisions..

Would a dealership do the tank recall work if my car has no cats?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a recall. The tank issue is an lifetime warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    The tank issue isnt a recall so you won't see an active recall for it when you check your VIN; it's a warranty fix. If you experience any stalling or rough idle with a full tank let the dealership know and they should replace it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T: K&N CAI, SRT headers, Magnaflow 3" cat-back, 180 degree t-stat, Diablo Trinity T1000, 300 SRT rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh oops, just saw above....like he said ^

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah ok. Would they still do it though with my car being modded and no cats?

Post Thanks / Like
    All you can do is ask. The worse they can say is no. I would explain the problem to the service rep and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point, I’ll try that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123