Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    DMC, I will also be having the aluminum filled in and worked back down to smooth on top of the valve seat peening all around.
    I’m still awaiting *hopefully* good news once the passenger side head finishes coming off on Monday. There was no damage observed in the passenger side on the scope cam, and I’m hoping that news holds true once a full inspection can be done.

Gotta love the lack of recall because this is only a safety issue to our wallets Dropped valve seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Also found out that my mechanic has contracts with CHP and federal agencies to work on their fleets, and that he’s done this exact same job a number of times. This gives me a certain level of trust in the abilities of his shop, as it’s the first time I’ve needed a mechanic on the west coast

Post Thanks / Like
    Passenger side head came off today. No piston/cylinder damage. 3 seats were loose on the passenger head, but luckily didn’t fall out and take out the pistons.

They will be rebuilding with bigger valve seats, and installing with better interference fitting than from factory

Thanks 2005rtmag thanked for this post
    Likes 2005rtmag liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123