Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Looking for Source for QUALITY Rebuilt Heads

    Looking for a vendor who can do good quality head rebuilding for my '05 5.7, with the correct new seats, and a valve job, at a "reasonable" price. Reasonable, but not necessarily cheap. Looking for someone who can do an exchange, as I have no local machine shop,(closest is 100 miles) to deal with.
    I have found this shop, in W. Virginia, https://thecylinderheadshop.com/ Their ebay ad states, "EVERY ONE OF OUR HEADS HAVE ALL NEW VALVE SEATS INSTALLED TO FIX THE FACTORY ISSUE OF DROPPING VALVE SEATS. "
    Has anyone dealt with them?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    Looking for a vendor who can do good quality head rebuilding for my '05 5.7, with the correct new seats, and a valve job, at a "reasonable" price. Reasonable, but not necessarily cheap. Looking for someone who can do an exchange, as I have no local machine shop,(closest is 100 miles) to deal with.
    I have found this shop, in W. Virginia, The Cylinder Head Shop - Cylinder Heads, Auto Parts, Car Parts Their ebay ad states, "EVERY ONE OF OUR HEADS HAVE ALL NEW VALVE SEATS INSTALLED TO FIX THE FACTORY ISSUE OF DROPPING VALVE SEATS. "
    Has anyone dealt with them?
    Contact Stu at Inertia Motorsports. They offer rebuilt factory heads.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2007 R/T, long tubes, off road mids, borla atak exhaust. Inertia cnc big valve heads, inertia raging trojan cam, D1SC procharger 6.1 srt aluminum intake, mopar performance tcm, Trufiber Carbon Fiber SRT8 hood.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Headsonly.com has eagle heads for $600, pre eagle for $500

    SteveWhiteMoparts has brand new eagle heads for $800

    The vendors will try and talk you into porting and polishing and cnc this, cnc that and it ends up costing over $1000.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inertia looks to be about $1k per head, and Cylinder Heads only, well, CHI 169 mile head review PISSED!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF you're looking for someone we trust; Stu at inertia is one of the suppliers on here.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

    Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stu has eco heads with a slight cnc, new valve seals, valves for $1000 and a core charge. That's heads plural.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_Rises View Post
    Stu has eco heads with a slight cnc, new valve seals, valves for $1000 and a core charge. That's heads plural.
    Ok, his website makes it look like $1k each. I'll look into it.
    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_Rises View Post
    Stu has eco heads with a slight cnc, new valve seals, valves for $1000 and a core charge. That's heads plural.
    As others have found out the hard way; if you want a good job and quality from a Vendor with a known reputation then heed our advice. If you don't want our advice then why are you asking us?

    You can elect(!) to pay less now...or more later.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-04-2018 at 05:12 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    As others have found out the hard way; if you want a good job and quality with a Vendor with a known reputation then heed our advice. If you don't want our advice then why are you asking us?

    You can elect(!) to pay less now or more later.
    As stated above, I was under the impression, his heads were $1k "EACH". That would not be reasonable for head rebuild. If they are indeed ~$1k a pair, I will look into them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    As stated above, I was under the impression, his heads were $1k "EACH". That would not be reasonable for head rebuild. If they are indeed ~$1k a pair, I will look into them.
    Yeah that's a pair. I bought the cnc ported big valve heads from him. The quality is outstanding.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    As stated above, I was under the impression, his heads were $1k "EACH". That would not be reasonable for head rebuild. If they are indeed ~$1k a pair, I will look into them.
    The term reasonable is subject to interpretation. Out of curiosity; what do you think a set of rebuilt heads (bare) with properly replaced valve seats should cost?

    We talked here for years about performance heads - not eBay or similar rebuilt plain jane parts, simply because most if not all on here want a performance gain.

    I suspect few will be able to speak to relatively cheap off-the-shelf cylinder heads that offer zero performance gains...except(!) for those who did and paid the price :^)

    Good luck OP...

    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    The term reasonable is subject to interpretation. Out of curiosity; what do you think a set of rebuilt heads (bare) with properly replaced valve seats should cost?

    We talked here for years about performance heads - not eBay or similar rebuilt plain jane parts, simply because most if not all on here want a performance gain.

    I suspect few will be able to speak to relatively cheap off-the-shelf cylinder heads that offer zero performance gains...except(!) for those who did and paid the price :^)

    Good luck OP...

    $800 - $1k / pair, is reasonable, for quality work, stock, un-modified. $1k / head, is not.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    13,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    $800 - $1k / pair, is reasonable, for quality work, stock, un-modified. $1k / head, is not.
    Agreed; if memory serves there are other perks as well with those particular heads.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Elephant Butte, New Mexico
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just talked to Stu, at Inertia, and he will rebuild my heads, with new intake seats, and valve job, for about $850 for the pair. If I want new exhaust seats as well, it will add $250. About a 1 week turn around.
    Likes ric3xrt, Hemissary liked this post

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •