Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Source for QUALITY Rebuilt Heads

Looking for a vendor who can do good quality head rebuilding for my '05 5.7, with the correct new seats, and a valve job, at a "reasonable" price. Reasonable, but not necessarily cheap. Looking for someone who can do an exchange, as I have no local machine shop,(closest is 100 miles) to deal with.
    I have found this shop, in W. Virginia, https://thecylinderheadshop.com/ Their ebay ad states, "EVERY ONE OF OUR HEADS HAVE ALL NEW VALVE SEATS INSTALLED TO FIX THE FACTORY ISSUE OF DROPPING VALVE SEATS. "
    Has anyone dealt with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH101 View Post
    Looking for a vendor who can do good quality head rebuilding for my '05 5.7, with the correct new seats, and a valve job, at a "reasonable" price. Reasonable, but not necessarily cheap. Looking for someone who can do an exchange, as I have no local machine shop,(closest is 100 miles) to deal with.
    I have found this shop, in W. Virginia, The Cylinder Head Shop - Cylinder Heads, Auto Parts, Car Parts Their ebay ad states, "EVERY ONE OF OUR HEADS HAVE ALL NEW VALVE SEATS INSTALLED TO FIX THE FACTORY ISSUE OF DROPPING VALVE SEATS. "
    Has anyone dealt with them?
    Contact Stu at Inertia Motorsports. They offer rebuilt factory heads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2007 R/T, long tubes, off road mids, borla atak exhaust. Inertia cnc big valve heads, inertia raging trojan cam, D1SC procharger 6.1 srt aluminum intake, mopar performance tcm, Trufiber Carbon Fiber SRT8 hood.
    Likes Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Headsonly.com has eagle heads for $600, pre eagle for $500

SteveWhiteMoparts has brand new eagle heads for $800

The vendors will try and talk you into porting and polishing and cnc this, cnc that and it ends up costing over $1000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Inertia looks to be about $1k per head, and Cylinder Heads only, well, CHI 169 mile head review PISSED!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    IF you're looking for someone we trust; Stu at inertia is one of the suppliers on here.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu has eco heads with a slight cnc, new valve seals, valves for $1000 and a core charge. That's heads plural.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_Rises View Post
    Stu has eco heads with a slight cnc, new valve seals, valves for $1000 and a core charge. That's heads plural.
    Ok, his website makes it look like $1k each. I'll look into it.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_Rises View Post
    As others have found out the hard way; if you want a good job and quality from a Vendor with a known reputation then heed our advice. If you don't want our advice then why are you asking us?

You can elect(!) to pay less now...or more later.
    Last edited by Hemissary; 12-04-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    As others have found out the hard way; if you want a good job and quality with a Vendor with a known reputation then heed our advice. If you don't want our advice then why are you asking us?

You can elect(!) to pay less now or more later.
    As stated above, I was under the impression, his heads were $1k "EACH". That would not be reasonable for head rebuild. If they are indeed ~$1k a pair, I will look into them.

Post Thanks / Like
    As stated above, I was under the impression, his heads were $1k "EACH". That would not be reasonable for head rebuild. If they are indeed ~$1k a pair, I will look into them.
    Yeah that's a pair. I bought the cnc ported big valve heads from him. The quality is outstanding.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    The term reasonable is subject to interpretation. Out of curiosity; what do you think a set of rebuilt heads (bare) with properly replaced valve seats should cost?

We talked here for years about performance heads - not eBay or similar rebuilt plain jane parts, simply because most if not all on here want a performance gain.

I suspect few will be able to speak to relatively cheap off-the-shelf cylinder heads that offer zero performance gains...except(!) for those who did and paid the price :^)

Good luck OP...

Last edited by Hemissary; 12-04-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    The term reasonable is subject to interpretation. Out of curiosity; what do you think a set of rebuilt heads (bare) with properly replaced valve seats should cost?

We talked here for years about performance heads - not eBay or similar rebuilt plain jane parts, simply because most if not all on here want a performance gain.

I suspect few will be able to speak to relatively cheap off-the-shelf cylinder heads that offer zero performance gains...except(!) for those who did and paid the price :^)

Good luck OP...

$800 - $1k / pair, is reasonable, for quality work, stock, un-modified. $1k / head, is not.

Post Thanks / Like
    $800 - $1k / pair, is reasonable, for quality work, stock, un-modified. $1k / head, is not.
    Agreed; if memory serves there are other perks as well with those particular heads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just talked to Stu, at Inertia, and he will rebuild my heads, with new intake seats, and valve job, for about $850 for the pair. If I want new exhaust seats as well, it will add $250. About a 1 week turn around.
    Likes ric3xrt, Hemissary liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast