Post Thanks / Like

5.7 to 392 rotating assembly

Good afternoon. I'm hoping this is the right place to post this seeing how this is my first post on the forum. Moving along. I have recently put a 426 stroker kit into my 392. This leaves me with a perfectly good factory 392 assembly. So my question is has anyone put one of these in an eagle 5.7 instead of the aftermarket stroker kits? And or if you know why it wouldn't work that info would greatly help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The 5.7 block can't be bored large enough for the 392 pistons

Post Thanks / Like
    A factory 392 is a different bore and stroke than an aftermarket 392 stroker set up and won't go into a 5.7 block.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle Blocks are limited to a max bore of 3.96 , that leaves about .110-.120 in the cylinder walls. the Early 03-08 5.7 blocks can and HAVE been bored out to 4.00 safely IF there is no to little core shift ,you can go as large as 4.06 if the core didn't shift during casting...BUT ALWAYS SONIC CHECK . I have one here right now that has been bored to stock 6.1 bore(4.055) with .189 wall thickness in the thrust direction. I've gone 4.08 on 7 different 5.7 block based builds, one did crack but that was my fault for pushing it, in hindsight the sonic test warned me that it was a possibility . I took one out to 4.09 I do not recommended it , in the end I had to hard block it, it's still running strong but it's a drag only car.NONE OF THESE ARE BOOST Builds.SONIC test the block before any over 4.0 bore is attempted......again I"LL REPETE IT SONIC CHECK BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ric3xrt View Post
    Eagle Blocks are limited to a max bore of 3.96 , that leaves about .110-.120 in the cylinder walls. the Early 03-08 5.7 blocks can and HAVE been bored out to 4.00 safely IF there is no to little core shift ,you can go as large as 4.06 if the core didn't shift during casting...BUT ALWAYS SONIC CHECK . I have one here right now that has been bored to stock 6.1 bore(4.055) with .189 wall thickness in the thrust direction. I've gone 4.08 on 7 different 5.7 block based builds, one did crack but that was my fault for pushing it, in hindsight the sonic test warned me that it was a possibility . I took one out to 4.09 I do not recommended it , in the end I had to hard block it, it's still running strong but it's a drag only car.NONE OF THESE ARE BOOST Builds.SONIC test the block before any over 4.0 bore is attempted......again I"LL REPETE IT SONIC CHECK BEFORE ATTEMPTING.
    Do u have a shop?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Members that have helped with the swap
    Brent Hughes
    Dennis (DennisH)
    (Decepticon)
    Marcos (Prican_2000)
    Ron (SuperFrawgie1361)
    Luke (04hemipwr)
    (BrewV)
    ANDY ([email protected])
    Aaron (Tobysdad22209)
    Dan(drp6982)
    (Fam0516)
    Matt(6.1mjk)
    Mike(AvantSRT8)

Post Thanks / Like
    "Do u have a shop?"Working on it, should be up and running by March(2019) and full time by March 2020part of my "day job" is engine building for the company I work for ,mostly dyno mules for testing . and engines for cars the owners race. these guys have been very supportive of my "off the books " type engine builds, for the last 25 years....but it's time I step out on my own