Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    No, that was just to make sure the head surface was true and flat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    Ok thanks. I re read it and realized that was most likely what you were referring too. I will post my dyno graph aswell when the build is completed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2006 BB Chrysler 300C 5.7L RWD
    Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, JBA Shorties/Catless Mids, LMI Frankentake IV, 93 Octane Tune, PowerStop Evolution S/D Brakes, 180* T-Stat, 22" Velocity Rims, Street Edge Coilovers, SPC Upper Control Arms/Rear Bushings, Powerbass Amp/Dual 12" Subwoofers, 8000k Led, Smoked Headlights/Fogs/Taillights/Side markers, Black Grill, Tinted

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to comment for anyone running a 170o thermostat and fan temps adjusted; might find a way to measure oil temp if you can, it might drop lower than desirable when you are cruising on the highway / not generating any heat from load.
    X E Ryder
    Just Another Motorhead, Really.
    (midlife crisis activated)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X E Ryder View Post
    Just wanted to comment for anyone running a 170o thermostat and fan temps adjusted; might find a way to measure oil temp if you can, it might drop lower than desirable when you are cruising on the highway / not generating any heat from load.
    Not at all. You can see the oil temp directly from the gauges, just using the arrows. The oil temperature is always at coolant temp, if not slightly higher.

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, SRT Heads/Intake - ARH Long Tubes - Spartan Plus Cam - Magnaflow - 3.06 Getrag
    Watch SaabKyle review my old Charger Scat Pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp2493 View Post
    We had a member of another forum do 6.1 heads and intake on his truck. Running the stock cam he only showed about 270 wheel hp. Not sure if it was any dyno day errors or what, but man I think the stock cam killed him. He has since put a comp 273 in, I’ll have to look back and see if he did an updated dyno pull
    Chris I think he was down on power due to the Spacers he used to lift the intake to clear the A/C and Alt on the truck cover,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ric3xrt View Post
    Chris I think he was down on power due to the Spacers he used to lift the intake to clear the A/C and Alt on the truck cover,
    That 1/2” really made that big of a difference? Or just poorly made? I’m waiting on spacers I bought right now, hopefully they don’t kill that much power
    03 Ram 392 Stroker

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp2493 View Post
    That 1/2” really made that big of a difference? Or just poorly made? I’m waiting on spacers I bought right now, hopefully they don’t kill that much power
    With out being there I'm going to say it's a combanation of 1/2 longer Runner taking peak Tq down about 500RPMs , and some turbulence between the Intake and spacers , not sure how well it was all matched up. , should be up around 285-300 depending on condition of the 5.7 Short block

Post Thanks / Like
    If I understand, the guy installed 6.1 cylinder heads on a truck block with a 6.1 intake manifold? And installed spacers to raise it enough to clear the front / upper water jacket and / or accessories? If it was an additional 0.5" spacer, that would have only slightly pushed resonance down in the rpm range (longer runners). Pretty sure the stock camshaft was the achilles heal as it is all done at ~5700rpm or less.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like

About to do a head swap and pick up some compression, looking for input

Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    If I understand, the guy installed 6.1 cylinder heads on a truck block with a 6.1 intake manifold? And installed spacers to raise it enough to clear the front / upper water jacket and / or accessories? If it was an additional 0.5" spacer, that would have only slightly pushed resonance down in the rpm range (longer runners). Pretty sure the stock camshaft was the achilles heal as it is all done at ~5700rpm or less.
    Yes that’s correct. Could have been a really low reading dyno since most stock dynos run 280 hp and he came out at 250 hp with basically heads and intake. I haven’t gotten an answer back if he redoynoed with his new comp 273 cam. I would agree with the stock cam being the problem, with a .470ish lift it’s not even close to the power potential of bigger heads

Post Thanks / Like
    Stock Pre Eagle cam specs are 0.050" duration
    192/196
    Lift: 0.472/0.460
    Eagle cam specs / lift intake .472 exhaust.461 @ 50 duration 196/205 MDS affects lobe lift on 4 and duration on 4 lobes but for the most part they are Very similar...…..one makes 345 Fly wheel the other makes 380/390 Flywheel..... Eagle heads flow 10 CFM better between .400 &.500 lift and 10 CFM less on the exhaust side in the same range as the 6.1 heads That 10 CFM is not going to and does not make that much of a difference. the Eagle car intake is designed after the 6.1. it flow the same , it peaks the same.
    after 60 some odd dyno pulls with different combo's of stock 5.7 short blocks, 6.1 Heads, Eagle intake, Eagle Heads 6.1 intake, 6.1 top ends, Eagle top ends.with the stock Cam, average dyno Cell pull is 375-390, average Chassis pull 545 RFE trans were between 285-305HP ( I HATE THAT PHUCKING TRANS) , 65RFE 290-315hp, 518 Non lock up =325hp on the Chassis . 727 with 2.77 low gear, same truck as the 518 same 05 Short block stock 6.1 heads and Eagle intake STOCK truck cam 336 on the Chassis. this same 05 short block, 6.1 heads, 6.1 intake and a Jerico 2 speed, alum driveshaft, No A/C no Power steering pump, mezier water pump pulled 365 on the chassis dyno....you may look at the 5.7 stock cam as itty bitty but FCA gets 390 Hp gross and averages 310 RWHP out of it in the trucks. with Heads that flow as good as 6.1s and an Intake that was designed after the 6.1 …...so yes .5 inch in spacer is enough to drop a 5.7 down 20 Hp
    Last edited by ric3xrt; 12-07-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Likes chrisp2493 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ric3xrt View Post
    Stock Pre Eagle cam specs are 0.050" duration
    192/196
    Lift: 0.472/0.460
    Eagle cam specs / lift intake .472 exhaust.461 @ 50 duration 196/205 MDS affects lobe lift on 4 and duration on 4 lobes but for the most part they are Very similar...…..one makes 345 Fly wheel the other makes 380/390 Flywheel..... Eagle heads flow 10 CFM better between .400 &.500 lift and 10 CFM less on the exhaust side in the same range as the 6.1 heads That 10 CFM is not going to and does not make that much of a difference. the Eagle car intake is designed after the 6.1. it flow the same , it peaks the same.
    after 60 some odd dyno pulls with different combo's of stock 5.7 short blocks, 6.1 Heads, Eagle intake, Eagle Heads 6.1 intake, 6.1 top ends, Eagle top ends.with the stock Cam, average dyno Cell pull is 375-390, average Chassis pull 545 RFE trans were between 285-305HP ( I HATE THAT PHUCKING TRANS) , 65RFE 290-315hp, 518 Non lock up =325hp on the Chassis . 727 with 2.77 low gear, same truck as the 518 same 05 Short block stock 6.1 heads and Eagle intake STOCK truck cam 336 on the Chassis. this same 05 short block, 6.1 heads, 6.1 intake and a Jerico 2 speed, alum driveshaft, No A/C no Power steering pump, mezier water pump pulled 365 on the chassis dyno....you may look at the 5.7 stock cam as itty bitty but FCA gets 390 Hp gross and averages 310 RWHP out of it in the trucks. with Heads that flow as good as 6.1s and an Intake that was designed after the 6.1 …...so yes .5 inch in spacer is enough to drop a 5.7 down 20 Hp
    Doesn't work that way; such a small length increase simply shifts the operating range down and would be difficult to measure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    Not at all. You can see the oil temp directly from the gauges, just using the arrows.

Keep in mind that the early software version of the EVIC does NOT display oil temp.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123