Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Installed a photo resizer app. Got it small enough. Now I need to make my previous uploaded photos smaller, because I am at my max of photo data to upload.

Post Thanks / Like
    weird, I made mine so small the other day you couldn't even see them and it still wouldn't take them. but glad you got it figured out. I don't know what the heck that little piece is but im not seeing any screening at all??

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you are maxed out on photo data for this forum? I took the other two screens off. The one where the problem is did have the plastic but no screen left. The new part should be here at O'Reilly Auto parts @ $25.95. The cam I just paid $149 for is now over $300 on rockauto. They were out of stock when I tried to order from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shark7000 View Post
    Installed a photo resizer app. Got it small enough. Now I need to make my previous uploaded photos smaller, because I am at my max of photo data to upload.
    If you're on mobile, just download the Tapatalk app. It doesn't have the photo size issue

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks WontStopTheFUnk thanked for this post
    Likes WontStopTheFUnk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ha-ha maybe, it didn't tell me I was. just gave a (!) icon. if you're at oreillys, im guessing you ordered the Dorman part? I didn't trust it so I just got the OEM one. we don't have any o'reillys here -__- And yea, I was considering that cam before I caught wind of the 6.4 stuff and after I figured out they actually made one off their website. Summit wants like $360 or something for it. I found one super cheap on amazon, but someone bought it. CAR ID has it for like $$120-$140. I got the 6.4 cam for $58 though ;-)

I actually had tappatalk, just recently deleted it because I never used it

Post Thanks / Like
    $58 for the 6.4 cam. Wow! If I researched it before I ordered parts, I would have done that. My research before all this came up with, the 6.1 and 6.4 are a totally different setup than the 5.7. I I got the OE cut Melling from carid. O'REILLY'S shows two other more expensive solenoids online, but I just got the first one he found that came up for it. I just reset the PCM on that code, but my scanner is coming up with so many problems. Some are from when I connected the scanner and my wife needed me in the house. I forgot about it for hours. The battery was about dead when I remembered about it. I'm going through each system to reset the codes now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, boy. Well, I sure hope for my sake it works lol.. everything I have seen, it does? What did you see saying it didn’t ??? Yeah that’s no good, should be able to reset everything. Did you get new solenoid in? How’s it going?

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything seems good now. I got the new part the next day, so it's on now. Back to normal power again. I was a bit nervous when the service engine light came on again. I forgot to connect the vacuum hose to the purge solenoid. lol I do keep smelling oil on exhaust though. I saw a video where someone with a truck a few years older did this and he said the front crankshaft seal, in the timing cover, leaks like a sieve. The video where he ask that on, he got a reply saying to put RTV behind that seal so it seals around the back and side of it. I was just hoping it's the little bit of oil that got on the exhaust just from working on it. But it doesn't seem to go away. So I will be checking with the inspection camera soon for any leaks. Because I didn't RTV the seal in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully no check engine lights now! Are you seeing oil dripping or something or just smelling it? I also got a new crank seal with new timing cover seal. I have seen some places when going in fheee need to be siliconed as well as new gaskets

Post Thanks / Like
    Welp, found my VVT solenoid lol.... surprisingly all screens in tact and plastic in tact

How’s your stuff coming along???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine had the screens in the center of the whole thing, or third row from the end, totally shredded out. Just the plastic rings in place. And a little metal piece stuck in there. My leak was where the oil pan gasket is at the bottom of the timing cover. Since I didn't remove my engine, I didn't replace the oil pan gasket. Even though I torqued the pan bolts under the timing chain cover, when I checked it, they tightened more. I cleaned it all off and sprayed that leak ender rubber spray on it. I suggest using RTV on the front main seal there. It was hard to see if it was coming from there too or not. I just gave it the 48 hours to cure. I drove it a little. I smelled the oil again, but it may just be what was on there already from before. So I will see how it is after driving a bit. At least I have good power back now. I've been driving my backup cars and they broke down. Then driving mother in law's van. It's nice to be able to step on the gas and really go again. Drove my son's Mazda Speed 3 to Los Angeles yesterday. Turbo lag sucks. lol Trying to get used to a stick after driving my automatic for so long was throwing me off. lol I prefer driving my Charger. My coolant is pink or pinkish. Do you have the proper coolant? But I purchased Mopar coolant. But I purchased the proper coolant for mother in law's van and it was pink too. (Chrysler Town & Country van)

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you haven't taken out the lifters yet. Have you done it yet? Mine had the intake on #5 seized up. One roller on the same side front set was next. It had slop in it. Just didn't seize up yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123