Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one really knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Root66 View Post
    At some point in 2008 or for the entire model year?

inTune 91 CAI, 180 stat, BB 6dB reso delete,Tranzformer, MDS indicator, ESP/BAS switch. Wire mesh grille, smoked and flashing side markers, 9005 2400k 65W fogs, rear fogs, debadged and demolded, 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 Continental DW's on 9"/10" F/R Viper Replicas, BCR Coilovers, Drake strut brace. Interior accent LED 's. 55/35 tint, BT catch can. LED interior lighting. BT bling, front parking sensors. Rear seat heaters. Color matched tails "MoPar" puddle lights. Custom front lip.
    MyGig 730N, Pyle 9.2" screen, iPod, front and rear cams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine is back together and I'm done. Selling my 07 Torred track pack magnum. Maybe I'm in the minority of owners that had the valve seat problem, but like I stated earlier, I just don't want to own a vehicle the had major engine damage near 100000 miles. This engine will probably last quite a long time now, but I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys, mine magnum dropped #1 intake after a short drive on a hot day. car ran fine on the way to the store, came back out 10 mins later and she wouldn't run. the car has 301,252. I was able to get away with just swapping to one of my spare heads. I plan on swapping the other head as soon as i get it together. The car has JBA shorty's, magna flow hi flow cats, resonator deletes, stock suitcase and a bak cold air. I also run a cheap eBay catch can.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tbe30ll View Post
    hey guys, mine magnum dropped #1 intake after a short drive on a hot day. car ran fine on the way to the store, came back out 10 mins later and she wouldn't run. the car has 301,252. I was able to get away with just swapping to one of my spare heads. I plan on swapping the other head as soon as i get it together. The car has JBA shorty's, magna flow hi flow cats, resonator deletes, stock suitcase and a bak cold air. I also run a cheap eBay catch can.

So that seat is still in one piece? Man, talk about lucky! Hope you played the lottery the day that baby let go!
    2010 AWD charger R/T -- Black -- daily driver
    2007 decommissioned police charger w/5.7 Hemi -- White -- 2011 project car (dropped valve seat) -- son's daily driver
    2006 decommissioned police charger w/5.7 Hemi -- Black -- 2013 project car (dropped valve seat) -- now the new 2018 project car
    2007 decommissioned police charger w/5.7 Hemi -- Black -- 2015 project car (dropped valve seat) -- Sold but still close by

Likes BlackAce liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    @thehandler yes it is still in one piece, a wise man once told me “luck is when opportunity meets preparation” my parts car came to me almost running with a bad seat so when I went out to start it I almost instantly knew what the problem was. The parts car dropped its seat around 115,000 but it seems like it dropped running or they tried to run it for an extended period of time. FYI the parts car piston looks like the on in your avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    This has happened to me. I'm told it was my exhaust valve seat (not sure which cylinder). It happened as I was driving to work. While I was braking I felt a shudder, then when I came to a complete stop it turned off and I could not get it started again. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition with 177K Kilometers. My only engine/performance mod is a 91 octane tune with my Predator. It's currently at the mechanic while I consider my options. I need a new engine, heads & intake manifold. They range from a used motor with 130K Kilometers for $3900 ($7K total after all labor costs) to various prices for a rebuilt motor ($4550 for a re-manufactured long block to $6750 that the shop sourced) + labor costs. Maybe I fix it and keep it or sell it and get a new car such as a 300 SRT8 or Jeep SRT8.

The re-manufactured long block is a 5.7 taken from a 2008 Dodge 1500 Ram truck. Is this OK?
    Below is the link to the ad, tell me what you think:
    Engines Remanufactured 3yr-160,000km Parts & Labour Warranty - auto parts - by dealer

Also, if I decide to keep it, while the motor is out, what performance mods should I do? I'm guessing this would be the ideal time to do a cam, and what else should I consider?

Post Thanks / Like
    See my sig. BEFORE I dropped a seat, I had big valve heads, cam, headers and Eagle intake manifold installed. ~270 RWHP is normal stock. I now have about 400.
    You should consider Eagle heads and intake manifold at a minimum. Flow is much better and shift points can be raised if the right springs are installed. You need a new intake manifold anyway. There may be valve seat parts in the old one. They were hot when it happened and so are embedded in the plastic. They'll fall into the engine later causing more damage.
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT.
    12/2016 - Inertia big valve heads, Eagle intake, non-MDS lifters, Spartan Plus cam, Shorty headers. 390 RWHP, 390 RWTQ. (Work by Inertia)
    01/2017 - Bilstein shocks, SLP 25% underdrive pulley. s/b 400 RWHP, 400 RWTQ now. (Work by me)
    10/2017 - Replaced engine mounts with 392SRT manual transmission, added police oil cooler, additional PS and Trans coolers, Mishimoto radiator. (Work by me)
    10/2017 - Replaced Torque Converter with FTI 3,200RPM, Installed 3.06:1 Getrag kit, one piece Al DSS DS, Billy Boat 3" Exh.
    11/2017 - Wilwood brakes with 15" front brakes. (Work by me)

Post Thanks / Like
    So my car is going in tomorrow for a remanufactured engine & heads. Before it got taken to the shop that's doing the work I was not able to unpair my diablosport tuner. Will this be a problem when the swap is completed? The computer will still have the 91 tune and it's not changing, just the motor, so does it matter? Do I need to get the shop to unpair it before they begin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't be, they have no reason to go into / alter the PCM. It would be prudent though to advise them not to without notifying you.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Share This Thread