Thread: Interior noises

Post Thanks / Like

Interior noises

I have a '17 300S AWD 3.6l, and when it gets cold outside the interior sounds like it was built from an old sail boat. I mean it pops, squeaks, buzzes and groans. A lot of this is from the plastic bits themselves. Of course this various harmony of distress happens at different temps and different speeds, but it drives me nuts.

I really thought, or hoped these cars would have been put together better inside. No other car i have, old or new, has as lively a cabin in the cold as my 300.

Has any one else noticed excessive cabin noise in their cars in the winter? I would be curious to find out if this is a Chrysler only issue, or if the Dodge cars get this way as well.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    my 2017 chrysler 300s makes lots of squeeks and noises as well. i have noticed it mostly in my sunroof and along my windshield on the drivers side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, my A pillar had a buzz from what I believe to be the drain hose from the sunroof. A piece of insulation tape fixed that one.
    I also had bad buzzing in my drivers door panel from the trim inserts being plastic welded in loosely. A dab of silicone fixed those.
    What grinds at me is my dash. There is something in the gauge cluster that will start buzzing, and my center console will pop and ping. I suppose that's why the big stereo came with these cars!
    Last edited by RayDug22; 01-13-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 17 300 has a noisy interior when it's cold out, or raining, or humid, or too hot. In fact, the only time I don't hear the interior making noise is when the weather is nice and I have the window open...
    2017 300S Hemi, 1969 Cutlass

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
    My 17 300 has a noisy interior when it's cold out, or raining, or humid, or too hot. In fact, the only time I don't hear the interior making noise is when the weather is nice and I have the window open...
    The pops and squeakers are ridiculous! I drive my wife's 2018 Mazda CX-5 AWD, and it's like a library compared to the 300. My 300S just cries and moans when the radio isn't turned up. I can hear every connection rubbing.
    Other than the noises when it is cold outside I love driving it, but goddamn the man if it's not the squeakiest car ever...
    Likes irishrt5.7 liked this post