Post Thanks / Like

looking to buy a 300s

Hey Guys whats up. It has been a long time since i have been on this forum. I am currently looking to buy a 2017+ 300s and looking for some incite to how well of a car they are. i used to have 2 Dodge Magnums and was part of the Chicago area modern mopars car club so i am familiar with the LX platform. over the last 7 years or so however i have been driving around in wranglers and grand cherokees.

I will not be going with a hemi for the first time in a long time and i know the pentestar engine is great in the wranglers how do they do in the 300s? what kind of gas mileage are you guys getting out of them?

Anything i should know before buying one besides how bad the resale value is on them?

I plan on buying one with less then 30k on the clock and hanging onto it for a long time but wanted the experts opinions on them first.

TIA everyone.

will be seeing you all around i am sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some nice ones in FL, rust free.

Used Chrysler 300 for Sale (with Photos) - CARFAX
    2013 Chrysler 300S, 6.4 BGE with 6.4 SRT cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force with 2.62 pulley(11.4 lbs boost), fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans built by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. LG aluminum rad. Dual SRT fans. Complete 4 piston Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO 420 265/35R22 - 295/30R22
    Likes irishrt5.7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrt5.7 View Post
    Hey Guys whats up. It has been a long time since i have been on this forum. I am currently looking to buy a 2017+ 300s and looking for some incite to how well of a car they are. i used to have 2 Dodge Magnums and was part of the Chicago area modern mopars car club so i am familiar with the LX platform. over the last 7 years or so however i have been driving around in wranglers and grand cherokees.

I will not be going with a hemi for the first time in a long time and i know the pentestar engine is great in the wranglers how do they do in the 300s? what kind of gas mileage are you guys getting out of them?

I just bought a 2019 300S with the 3.6, it's quite good, especially in sport mode. Costs less than $40 to fill the tank with regular and averaging 20 mpg running errands, 30+ on longer trips.

Anything i should know before buying one besides how bad the resale value is on them?

If you buy a low mileage 2018 or 2019 the big hit of depreciation has already happened. I paid $27,500 for a 2019 S with 6800 miles on it and 27 months left on warranty. Sticker was $44k. I like to use Carfax.com when searching, they always have the original sticker and Carfax report so you know what you are getting.

I plan on buying one with less then 30k on the clock and hanging onto it for a long time but wanted the experts opinions on them first.

TIA everyone.

will be seeing you all around i am sure.
    ​Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great choice I think. I've heard some good things about the 3.6L V6. Recently, I watched a mechanic video about a Sprinter van with that engine with over 300k miles on it. I suspect with the 8 speed tranny, it will perform well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    '18 300S V8, best vehicle I've ever owned in 20+. Only thing I would like better would be same car with a slightly higher rear gear and posi option. And adjustable shocks like on the Scat Pack.