Post Thanks / Like

Custom headlight thread

I’m going to be breaking open my headlights on my 2017 300 in a couple weeks and just wanted to ask around and see if anyone has any tips or tricks with the 300 headlights, weather to use an oven, dremel, or a heat gun? Also if anyone knows the proper size halo ring to use on our projectors?
    2017 Chrysler 300s 5.7l
    Corsa performance CAI
    Airlift Performance 3P air suspension
    3" straight pipe w/ custom X pipe & universal highflow cats
    Instagram: @michaelnall22
    Likes SB1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever do this yet?!
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Add some pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the oven on 250 for 7 minutes but I never could get them to reseal properly...never again

Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you accidentally bend the housing, Or you just can’t seal it off enough to keep the moisture out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you want to mod the headlights? Mine on my '18 300S are awesome. But I may have the optional ones as they turn with the steering wheel, have auto-highbeams, etc.. They are one of the best headlight systems I've had on 30+ vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, dont get me wrong, the headlights look really good stock, I just have an issue where I have to modify everything lol. Thinking im finally going to get around to doing them later next month. I'll post pictures when done if it goes right.

Post Thanks / Like
    And modifying stuff is the fun part...

I have a couple of threads on here that explain the process of opening and resealing after mods have been down. I'll find the links when I get home from the office...
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't get the oem seal to 'seal' try going around the meeting edge with Goop or something similar (you can tape it off if you want it real nice and neat like paint.) We did that to a set of lights a few years back off a Lincoln and they never leaked again after and you couldn't see the seam we did once the lights were installed...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the older LX lights used butyl which is easier to separate. The newer lights I believe use permaseal which is a little more difficult to work with. The housing is prone to cracking with permaseal.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - BC Coils/Swift Springs - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Leather Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - SRT Night 20X9/10 Wheels - JBA high flow cats - 3.91 Getrag - HC 6 Pot - LED OEM Tail Conv. - Sponh Arms - BT Bling - Chrome Delete -

Post Thanks / Like
    I can attest to this. Every set of headlights I’ve ever done, I don’t reseal them with the rubber butyl, just a bunch of Silicon. Never had a problem with condensation or anything.