Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNJ View Post
    I don't think a 'tribute' 300 SRT would be that hard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference between the Charger and the 300 is the dashboard and the sheetmetal?
    If so, how hard would it be to take a Charger Scat Pack and put the 300 body and dashboard on it?
    The only reason I'm asking/saying is cause I don't have the stomach for doing what thewayfastwhitey is doing. Wish i did..!! I have considered just getting the Scat Pack, really only because of the 392 and the posi, but I just don't like the looks of the charger as much as the 300 (for this old man).
    One of my main issues is I visit older customers a lot, and the 300 passes muster. Not so sure a scat pack would?
    I don't understand how the Charger variant outsold the 300 in the first place. If I had been in the market for a new SRT vehicle when both were still being produced I would have picked up the 300 without giving the Charger a second glance, they're just such good looking vehicles.

    Galactus hungers...
    Current
    His: 2006 MSRT8, K&N CAI, built and tuned by MPR Motorsports (WhiteHemi), forged pistons and a HHP Stg 2r cam, HHP HEMITUNER TCM, Paramount Stg 2 valve body, Mopar Performance high stall converter, Flowmaster Super 10s, 180° t-stat, Tranzformer, Street Edge coilovers, 275/35/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW (square), otherwise bone stock.
    397rwhp/399rwtq
    Personal best 8.473 in the 1/8 and spinning like a fool, on old Toyos, pre Tranzformer, old suspension, and old stock engine, new times to come.

    Hers: 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, bone stock and slow as a rock...
    MOPAR360
    Thanks thewayfastwhitey thanked for this post
    Likes thewayfastwhitey liked this post



  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 300 is definitely MUCH better looking! the problem has always been because they are a “luxury” brand they’ve always been a good bit more expensive than the dodge variants which were already expensive to start with is what I think.. some more goodies showed up today as well, polished stainless front muffler deletes, spohn trailing arms, and some billet tech spacers just to be safe with the new wheels and tires!





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '06 2500 RCLB Cummins
    Firepunk CSP5 Tuned
    Pusher Twin Turbos
    Thuren Suspension
    20x12 Fuel Flows
    for sale 25k obo
    Likes Tikibeast liked this post

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Posts
    4,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may have a point there, I forgot about the luxury car premium they charged, I've looked at several second gen SRT 300s and damn they're tempting.

    Galactus hungers...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not so sure. I got a '18 300S V8, loaded less roof, and it listed for 44K and I paid 42K. No rebates at the time though. Even without, the car is a bargain compared to what else is out there which isn't much if anything.
    Likes Tikibeast, thewayfastwhitey liked this post

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNJ View Post
    i'm not so sure. I got a '18 300S V8, loaded less roof, and it listed for 44K and I paid 42K. No rebates at the time though. Even without, the car is a bargain compared to what else is out there which isn't much if anything.
    oh yeah, they're a great value when compared to other luxury cars, but compared to the rest of their vehicle family they definitely are pricey before rebates/incentives

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thewayfastwhitey View Post
    oh yeah, they're a great value when compared to other luxury cars, but compared to the rest of their vehicle family they definitely are pricey before rebates/incentives
    Man I feel I lucked out. I got my 2018 used with 18,000 on the ticker. I got mine to see if I like these cars because the srt8 seems like a great package. I just didn't want my wife getting groceries with an srt8. All together warranties, tax and license I payed 29,500 once the buck stopped .
    Now I got my eye out for an 8. These cars feel a lot lighter then they are. Hell the charger and the chrysler weigh the same for the most part. I'm hopeful they bring an 8 back in around 2023-2025. Then I can buy a new one.
    As far as sadans go. The 2015+ 300's are the most sought after sedan based on emunds. That made me feel better about my purchase after hearing that last month.
    Thanks thewayfastwhitey thanked for this post
    Likes thewayfastwhitey liked this post

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Man I feel I lucked out. I got my 2018 used with 18,000 on the ticker. I got mine to see if I like these cars because the srt8 seems like a great package. I just didn't want my wife getting groceries with an srt8. All together warranties, tax and license I payed 29,500 once the buck stopped .
    Now I got my eye out for an 8. These cars feel a lot lighter then they are. Hell the charger and the chrysler weigh the same for the most part. I'm hopeful they bring an 8 back in around 2023-2025. Then I can buy a new one.
    As far as sadans go. The 2015+ 300's are the most sought after sedan based on emunds. That made me feel better about my purchase after hearing that last month.
    yeah id definitely say you got a good deal! and these cars are beautiful, well equipped, and if you can stay out of the loud pedal, pretty efficient! how can ya beat it?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    SRT valence came in for the 300! guess ill have to get the corsa axle back now 2019 300S Hemi Build oh well, it’ll look sick and sound good too!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 20x11 with 315s and Mopar Springs.........No roll required
    Thanks thewayfastwhitey thanked for this post
    Likes thewayfastwhitey liked this post

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny H View Post
    I have 20x11 with 315s and Mopar Springs.........No roll required
    awesome, could you post some pictures of your car? I got some BT spacers to be safe for mine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn, that’s a bad bitch! I dig the SRT rear valence swap and hellcat brakes! definitely a mean stance and very clean.. how does it ride and handle and what all have ya done to the car?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thewayfastwhitey View Post


    What size are these spacers and where'd you get/order them from?
    2018 Charger R/T

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •