Post Thanks / Like

2015 3.6 300s exhaust ?’s

I have a 2015 300 with the 3.6. I have read searched and watched a lot of videos. I’m wanted to make the car sound good without spending a thousand dollars. I have thought about getting blasting bobs resonator delete pipes. I’m worried about drone. My car has true duals to x pipe mufflers to resonators. Typical driving is interstate at 70-80 miles an hour. I couldn’t find any good videos with the set up I described above with any input on drone. Let me know if anyone has any recommendations please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't want drone, leave the resonators where they are and either delete the mufflers or replace them with mini bullets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Likes haasri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there has been some confusion between what’s called the mufflers and what’s called the resonators. In the middle of my 300 are small cylindrical pieces. I would call them resonators mainly because of their small size. In the rear are the larger pieces I would refer to as mufflers. I may be wrong about that though on this car. I just want to try and make the right choice as I don’t have money to experiment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mufflers in the middle, resos at rear bumper. They are at the end to quell the resonance from the exhaust and keep the eardrums from crying.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thanks for the help!

Likes punisher69 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone has sound clips of rear resonator deletes on a 300s let me know. Also any sound clips of mid muffler delete while keeping the resonators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Monkey, is your setup all stock or have you replaced the mufflers after the X-pipe? I just went from stock single to true duals x-pipe Jones oval full flow through the resonators. Setup is quiet as stock idling and at speed 75-80ish here in NC. Has a nice growl when you get on it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am all stock at the moment. The 300 “s” has true duals with x pipe to two cylindrical mufflers to two resonators at the rear. My main fear is bad drone at 65-80 miles an hour. After listening to numerous videos I think solo is my favorite then attak and the cheapest being Flowmaster 44’s with resonator delete. The first two are a little salty for me. The Flowmaster is the way I may go but not sure about the drone with those.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a Flowmaster conical core on my 200 with the 3.6 and a Magnaflow unit out back and I completely love the sound. Great idle tone, zero drone at any highway speed and a healthy growl at WOT. On your car I'd leave the small cylindrical units in front of the axle where they are and put Magnaflows out back.

Sound clip of Magnaflow set up on mine. Yes mine is single to dual outlet but I think it would sound even better on your true dual system.
    2013 Chrysler 200 3.6 Magnaflow / Flowmaster - YouTube

Give me a sporty car to handle the curves, the occasional drink to calm my nerves, and a woman that loves me more than I deserve - Unknown
    Likes GreaseMonkey liked this post