Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jowepa View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. Although, it is helpful to know that others have experienced this also. Has the dealer replaced any of your panels yet? I have looked for recalls and technical bulletins with no luck. I think I will do as suggested in another thread and try to communicate with "Chrysler Cares" and see if I can get some help. I don't know if the glue or leather is shrinking, or if the structure below is warping/distorting. Do you have any thoughts about this?

I haven't been to the dealership yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the glue that is failing. You can see it all stringy where it has come loose. My right side front passenger door has almost totally come loose at the top (there's like a one inch or more gap between the panel and the window). The driver's side has also started coming loose, but not as bad. I've had my car only about 8 months, so it will surely be covered by the warranty. "Chrysler Cares" should probably be able to help you, I would think.

We also have a 2008 300C which had the front end dragged off of it buy a parking curb when backing out of a space. Went to the dealer to have it reattached and asked the service manager if this was a common problem, since the front end is pretty low (I also read about THIS problem online). He said, "It's been known to happen."

Every car model has certain problems, but I love my two 300s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the information. I have contacted "Chrysler Cares" and will let you know what transpires. We really enjoy our 300 also. I plan to keep it for a while, so I am hopeful that there will be a permanent remedy for this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, any update?

My sons 300 c has similar issues. It seems heat and moisture related. He lives in Fla and I’ve seen his black/black car parked in direct sun w windows rolled up tight.

I warned him stuff would happen but ... he knew better ������.

His warranty just just expired and he got a quote from dealer $900. Expensive lesson I guess.
    Should have listened to his dad.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's the glue I'd pull them off and use better glue. Paying 900.00 and getting the same panel may have the same flaw.
    13 Chrysler 300S, Stock 17 RAM 6.4 BGE with TSP Stage 4 boosted Cam, AIT 18% OD pulley, E-force 2.62 pulley(12.2 lbs boost),, Fastman 84+4 mm throttle body, 1 7/8 kooks long tubes w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back, FTI 2800 stall, Trans by Hellraiser, Dings Racing valve body and tune, Getrag 3.73, Walbro 400LPH, DW 65# inj. aluminum rad. SRT fans. Brembo upgrade. Stage one MOPAR springs, XIX X39 22x9 +15 - 22x10.5 +22 with NITTO NT555 265/35R22 - 295/30R22

Post Thanks / Like
    Just repaired 2 places, on my wife's 2005 Magnum. No... this is not a new issue.

The passenger side A/C vent popped out, along with the dash top defroster grille. When I looked it over, the foam dash covering was delaminating from the plastic superstructure, of the dash pad. This expansion compromised the plastic clips, on both pieces.

I used black ABS glue and carefully clamped the dash back in place. Left the clamps on for about 2 hours. After I removed them, everything stayed in place and looked like new. I ordered new vent and grille and they popped in place and have remained, with no issues.

Hope this helps someone who is out of warranty.

Here are some contacts that might help, if you have an uncooperative dealer:

Customer Care:

Chrysler 1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753) or Send Chrysler a message

Dodge 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343) or Send Dodge a messsage

Jeep2016 Chrysler 300C Platinum- Interior Door Panels Comng Apart 1-877- IAM-JEEP (1-877-426-5337) or Send Jeep a message

Ram 1-866-RAM-INFO (1-866-726-4636) or Send Ram a message

Mopar2016 Chrysler 300C Platinum- Interior Door Panels Comng Apart 1-888-528-HEMI (1-888-528-4364) or Send Mopar a message

SRT2016 Chrysler 300C Platinum- Interior Door Panels Comng Apart 1-855-SRT-TEAM (1-855-778-8326) or Send SRT a message

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]
    I spend my time modding your lights and developing new products, not being your FaceBook friend.

http://www.luxte.ch
    Lux Technologies

Likes someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Have this same issue, driving me nuts. Going to take it in to a dealership in another town

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Update

Quote Originally Posted by El Comandante View Post
    Hi, any update?

My sons 300 c has similar issues. It seems heat and moisture related. He lives in Fla and I’ve seen his black/black car parked in direct sun w windows rolled up tight.

I warned him stuff would happen but ... he knew better ������.

His warranty just just expired and he got a quote from dealer $900. Expensive lesson I guess.
    Should have listened to his dad.
    The Chrysler dealer replaced all four door panels and the dash (dash bubbled)-- under warranty.
    The panels from Chrysler list for about $1600 each and the dash cover for about $2200 (You would think they are made out of gold!)
    Before the dealer replaced everything, an upholstery shop gave me a price of $450 per panel (The dash hadn't bubbled yet). They were going to separate the top of the panel from the bottom, make the repair, then put the two pieces back together.
    I think heat had something to do with the failure, but the car only had 1500 miles on it when the panels failed. We had taken it to hot climate areas for only short periods during road trips. I would think it would normally take much more exposure to heat for a longer period of time to do this much damage. I think it is a design/material issue.
    I contacted Chrysler Cares and asked them if they would consider extending the warranty on just the failed parts-- They basically said "no".
    Since the car resided in our garage 95% of the time, I recently sold it to a dealer. I really did like the car, aside from the interior issues, and hated parting with it.
    If I still owned the car, I would use a sunshield religiously and crack the windows. Maybe sunshield the side windows also. Although, cracking the windows could be an issue if you were away from the car and a surprise storm came up. Best Regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jowepa View Post
    The Chrysler dealer replaced all four door panels and the dash (dash bubbled)-- under warranty.
    The panels from Chrysler list for about $1600 each and the dash cover for about $2200 (You would think they are made out of gold!)
    Before the dealer replaced everything, an upholstery shop gave me a price of $450 per panel (The dash hadn't bubbled yet). They were going to separate the top of the panel from the bottom, make the repair, then put the two pieces back together.
    I think heat had something to do with the failure, but the car only had 1500 miles on it when the panels failed. We had taken it to hot climate areas for only short periods during road trips. I would think it would normally take much more exposure to heat for a longer period of time to do this much damage. I think it is a design/material issue.
    I contacted Chrysler Cares and asked them if they would consider extending the warranty on just the failed parts-- They basically said "no".
    Since the car resided in our garage 95% of the time, I recently sold it to a dealer. I really did like the car, aside from the interior issues, and hated parting with it.
    If I still owned the car, I would use a sunshield religiously and crack the windows. Maybe sunshield the side windows also. Although, cracking the windows could be an issue if you were away from the car and a surprise storm came up. Best Regards.
    I must say this gives me serious pause in my purchase decision. All these posts plus my sons experience pushes me away from buying.

Doesnt Chrysler have a rep here as other car manufacturers do on the other forums?

i frequent one of the Ford trucks forums and in cases like this a company rep interacts w owners to help resolve common failures like this.

Shame that Chrysler doesn’t seem to here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must say this gives me serious pause in my purchase decision. All these posts plus my sons experience pushes me away from buying.

Doesnt Chrysler have a rep here as other car manufacturers do on the other forums?

i frequent one of the Ford trucks forums and in cases like this a company rep interacts w owners to help resolve common failures like this.

It's hit and miss.

You'll enjoy the car way more than this minor issue... IF you encounter it.

I've owned MOPARs since 2006.

Loved my SRT Charger & RT Magnum (road tripping this car, today).

Now, I have a 15 Hellcat Charger, with minor interior panel issue, but who cares. The car is amazing

Bob

Lux Technologies - LuX Technologies - Custom Interior Light Mods for Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep Platforms [LX/LC/WK]

Post Thanks / Like

Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums - View Profile: ChryslerCares

You can try the above link. You will need to register on the forum. Contact "ChryslerCares by private message, and they will probably get back to you the next day. They are the same people that did not want to here about extending my warranty. I don't know how much authority they actually have in making these kinds of decisions. Regarding your son's car,(I don't know how far out of warranty it is) but it seems like they should consider covering his issues. Panels coming apart like mine did is something you would expect after 10 or 15 years. I think it was "bootbox" (posted in this thread) that suggested I try working with the dealer, and then going to the field rep if necessary. Luckily, my dealer was very helpful. I think I would try this approach rather than contacting "ChryslerCares". Just to be clear, I am not trying to bad-mouth these cars. All manufacturers have issues here and there. As I said, I really liked the car otherwise. We had a 2005 Dodge Magnum which was built on the same basic chassis (one that had been used by Mercedes-I'm sure there is plenty of more accurate info on this chassis in this forum) and never had any problems with it. In fact, it was my wife's favorite car- ever. Good luck. I hope you are successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had my two front door panels replaced because of this. Waiting on the gear shift panels to come in to be replaced. Now that I look at it, I think rears need replacing as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

2016 300c platinum Door Panels

I have the same model. I started to notice distortions in the door panels in early spring. It got worse and worse so I finally called Chrysler. Initially they told me they had never heard of this problem. Several owners in 300C & SRT8 Forum said differently. I took pictures and sent them to Chrysler. After some back and forth I heard from 2 Chrysler reps yesterday. The dealership says all 4 door panels need replaced. However it is cost adverse. The front door panels are now $2,200 each and the rear $1,800 each. The total upgrade cost for the Diamond Jubilee Premium Leather Package was $1,995 as seen here REVIEW: 2016 Chrysler 300C Platinum - American Cred | BestRide

There was no real explanation for the severe difference in cost except for maybe they have to be custom made now since that package is discontinued. Consider yourself lucky you were able to get the front panels redone. The cost factor is probably why they are reluctant to replace your rear panels. They did tell me that they found an upholstery who claims they can fix the existing panels at no cost to me. My next step is to go see them and find out just how they can do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you find yourself in a no-warranty situation and have exhausted all options with the dealer/manufacturer, I'd go to an independent auto upholstery shop and get a quote on repairing your existing panels, similar to what Bob described doing on his own vehicle. Most likely they've seen these issues too (Mopar isn't the only brand that suffers this type of panel failure) and have probably fixed many cars just like yours already, cheaper than replacing the interior at the dealer - and possibly a more durable repair than just replacing the failed panels with the same exact thing.

Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Post Thanks / Like
    Took mine off and used a little super glue on the side,,looks fine. 2hrs

Sent from my iPad using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    I went out an purchased a Porter Cable upholstery stapler and stainless steel 1/4 staples. I use glue which holds it in place and the staple to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Air Bags for people that understand the difference

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12