Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of utube clips on the 5.7 Hemi sound with no mufflers and with the resos. So that would be the loudest it could be I suppose.
    Likes Lowlife44 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, I found some but wanted to see what a mid-muffler swap would sound like, doesn't seem to be many at all for this that I can find :/
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like
    Still can't find squat for videos. Are the 2nd gen Chargers setup the same sized resonators as the 300's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Still can't find squat for videos. Are the 2nd gen Chargers setup the same sized resonators as the 300's?
    I'm almost certain you have the huge resos on your 300 I had on my '13 r/t. They're J-pipes in a box and they do their job well.

Within a month of buying my 13 new, I hacked out the mid mufflers. It gave it a little growl.

Billy Medlin on Instagram: “@b_wrenn88 I had to wait till I got home...Texas wind was not cooperating earlier”

Then, a bit later, I decided it wasn't loud enough and had 3" straight pipes fabbed, glasspacks in the middle and removed the rear resos...

Instagram post by Billy Medlin • Oct 24, 2015 at 10:14pm UTC

It sounded good at idle and acceleration, but on the highway and cruising the drone was deafening. To the point that road trips were taken in my wife's Dart lol. It still had that set up when I traded it in on my SP.

I know those IG vids are short, but that's all I have of it. Hope that helps.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks IcarusLSC thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your info has been great punisher69, thank you The reso's do look huge on this thing. I don't want it as loud as your second vid, and think I do want something in place of the mid-mufflers, but can't figure out what. I'm thinking maybe some mid-sized resonator style (round) or mid-sized bullet type mufflers...
    I've seen a billion vids on res deletes, but don't want that, to loud for what I 'm looking for :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    Your info has been great punisher69, thank you The reso's do look huge on this thing. I don't want it as loud as your second vid, and think I do want something in place of the mid-mufflers, but can't figure out what. I'm thinking maybe some mid-sized resonator style (round) or mid-sized bullet type mufflers...
    I've seen a billion vids on res deletes, but don't want that, to loud for what I 'm looking for :(
    I honestly think you'd be happy just removing the mids completely and leaving the resos in place.

It's a mild change at idle, dead quiet inside cruising but head turning on acceleration. You'll save a few $$ as well. If it's too loud (which I don't think it would be) you can always slap some Dynomax mini bullets or a set of glasspacks back on it down the road.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Exhaust work around here is unfortunately pricier then it needs to be and I don't have a welder anymore. I'm trying to keep the cost down a bit by hopefully narrowing down if I should put something there or not. I think with nothing it might be a touch loud. I drive my senior folks around on the weekends etc so don't want it really bad for them either.

Post Thanks / Like
    06MRT, suitcase deleted, resos left on. Just a tad more of a deeper growl at idle, barely noticeable drone at cruising speeds(by profession I seek out and eliminate noises offending what I’m recording, so my perception of drone is most likely more sensitive than most), and she sounds like a hemi should when ripping through gears.
    My mom made a comment about how Aretha sounds like a muscle car should when she was visiting and I got a little spirited hopping on the highway.
    So in conclusion, this mod is big kid tested, and mom approved!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. good to hear different peoples take on the 'sound'. I know its quite subjective. I'm still thinking of some bullets etc to get rid of the rasp a lil, just need to figure out if I'm going with small ones or medium sized ones.
    You guys rock helping me out so much, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    May I recommend this....
    2015 Charger R/T Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow Custom System by Kinney's - YouTube
    It's not too wild, and the tone is actually deep. I'll probably get flamed for having the opinion the deleting resos is a placebo (as far as volume goes)... but decibel meters don't lie.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds good too. I'm surprised getting rid of the rear resos and FMs on it doesn't produce drone though from all I've seen and heard so far...

Post Thanks / Like
    We would recommend upgrading to something that retains some muffling ability like our 5x8" Signature Straight-Through Series. That will help you avoid most of the cabin drone experienced with full resonator deletes. If we can assist you with choosing the correct muffler for your vehicle, feel free to shoot us a Pm or call at 1-800-990-0905!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12