Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have track tips?

Previously went to the track and posted a best time of 14.5 Went back last night and got better, but also got worse. Best run of the night was a 14.1' I just got to the line, saw green and hammered the gas pedal. My worst run of the night was a 15.2 i got to the line got the RPMs up to about 1500 and took off. Didn't stay on it for more than 2 seconds before takeoff. So apparently my car just launches better with less RPMs? Or maybe I'm still just a terrible driver lol. Time slip posted below.IMG_20180928_222151.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Scat Pack Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    My best runs on street tires were always just leaving at around 1000 and rolling into it.
    Stage, wait till the first amber drops, pedal it to around 1000rpms, on third amber release brakes and roll into throttle slowly.
    It takes practice but you will get the feel for it.
    No tips beyond that and getting some better track tires. I’m assuming you are running a 5.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, it's a 5.7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC300 View Post
    Yep, it's a 5.7

14.1 is pretty respectable if it’s stock or near stock. You may be able to manage a high 13 in great conditions.
    No tips for ya beyond what I said already. If you are thinking about modding and looking for better times, start with a pair of rear wheels and drag radials (smallest diameter wheels you can manage, probably 17s, and stick to around a 28” tall tire). Those will benefit you the most now and after any power mod you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    What year is your ride? That is good for the older 5.7 and a bit slow for the newer ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a 2013, and while not having major mods, I do have an email tune, exhaust, CAI, and 180 tstat. Which is why I figured my time to be a bit slow