Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Panoramic sunroof power shade broke

Hey guys,

As the title states, the power shade the covers the panoramic sunroof in my 2013 300 S is broken. When attempting to close the shade completely, I would have to try 3 times to close it, as if it was hitting something. Well, the other day while closing it, I heard a POP and now only one side of the shade (driver's side) attempts to close. The fabric is loose on the passenger side and the shade doesn't move.

Has anybody run into this before? Pictures of the tracks below.

Dropbox - Photo-2018-07-30-15-23-05_4821.JPG
    Dropbox - Photo-2018-07-30-15-23-05_4811.JPG

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 300S AWD 5.7L V8 HEMI
    1987 Shelby Lancer #63 2.2L Intercooled Turbo, MOPAR Stage II

Post Thanks / Like
    So I guess this isn't a common issue based on the number of views and zero replies. The dealership is telling me they'll need to take the headliner down and it will take hours just to diagnose the issue. Typical extortion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup mine did the same thing.. 2016 300S, After i got the car it soon started getting caught on something when I would lower it, Then it finally made a snapping sound one time and it stopped working on one side. I gotta say this is one of the sillier features I've ever had in a car and to make it so crappy out of light cheap plastic is a joke. I didn't get time yet to go sit at the dealer while they fix it..

Worlds first N/A stock motor LX Mopar 11sec.1/4mi. pass! Best SLB [email protected] 1.70 60ft.
    Personal best time - heads, cam, ported intake, tune, 3,975#RW [email protected] 1.51 60ft.

So far with 440 - 10.79 @ 128 mph

Billy Briggs 440 with Thiteks!
    Completed and installed at BFNY!
    Tamed at Hemituner Performance!
    Likes neonsox liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just a bad design. I get the fact that it would be hard to manually reach back and close the shade from the front seat, but the design as a lot of failure points and it's held together by cheap plastic pieces. It's probably going to cost an arm and a leg unless I can get my hands on a service manual and take the headliner out.