Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Less bling for the tail, please...

I have a 13 SRT. The tail lights have a very pretty chrome trim ring that imo just ruins the mean look of the rear end. Does anyone know if I can replace those with the John Varvatos or 300S models (12-14)? I think they are the same fit and both of those have a nice tint that really cleans up the tail. I think for the 2015 model Chrysler modified the lights so I don't think those will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea the 2014 300 SRT has the same tinted JV taillights. They are expensive though?! I have a small crack in my passenger one & looked at a replacement, if I remember right its around $400 for one?!
    LMI True 4" CAI - Tranzformer V2 - Trinity - QTP Cut Outs - Killer Glass - BT Catch Can & Underhood Bling
    20x9.5, 20x10.5 Brass Monkey Hellcat Reps - KW Adjustable Springs - Stainless Long Tube Headers w/ Catless Mids - Whipple 2.9L - TruFiber Deep Dish Grill - Amerihood Hellcat Hood

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about tinting your lights? I just did mine and the results were pretty nice for about $50 bucks in material and an hour or two of my time. I ordered vinyl headlight tint from Vvivid. I messed up on the one you see in the pic so I will need to go back and correct but this was my first time using vinyl and I am sold. No plastidip for this guy. It adds a nice tint rather than the usual blackout you see around. fgfgfgnrtgheb.jpgghfgfgf.jpg
    Last edited by GritnGravy; 07-07-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever disassembled and just painted the chrome piece black?
    2012 300 SRT8
    2005 300c - Drove it till it died

Post Thanks / Like
    You won't be able to pull it apart like a headlight. The plastic is fuzed together.

I may have the darker lights for sale soon. (Upgrading to the 2015+ ones)

2013 300 SRT - 2017 Front and Rear SRT conversion.
    Fiberglass Hellcat Hood
    Accuair E-level / Universal Bags
    Thanks 3hoopty thanked for this post
    Likes drift_sucky, Detroit Muscle300 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^^^Is that just a plug & play swap to the 15s??

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately not. You need the new bumper as the lights are shaped differently. Need to find the connectors etc. And one person I know doing the swap right now is having issues getting the turning signals to work.

so once we figure that out.. lol

But there are a few cars out there with the swap done and working properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0lv3 View Post
    Unfortunately not. You need the new bumper as the lights are shaped differently. Need to find the connectors etc. And one person I know doing the swap right now is having issues getting the turning signals to work.

so once we figure that out.. lol

But there are a few cars out there with the swap done and working properly.
    Uh who and where are they?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Two of them done by j.work8 on instagram J.SALEM ������������ (@j.work8) • Instagram photos and videos in the UE.

One in Florida: dapilot (@lowered_300) • Instagram photos and videos

This is the one having the issues with the turning signal in Michigan I believe: Jordan (@3hundt) • Instagram photos and videos

And soon to be me I have all my parts just waiting on paint, Robert Stowe (@jstbcuzsrt) • Instagram photos and videos
    Last edited by Ev0lv3; 07-11-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured they were overseas. Very nice, thanks for the links. ****, I need to get an instagram. I have just been favoriting all these pages and visit them individually like an idiot lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention I'm in Canada, but I'l be down in Dallas for WAM2.

And yeah, I'll try to help where I can with this swap. Ordered a bunch of stuff, some stuff wrong. I'm sure I may be missing a thing or two. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. Will be glad to follow you on this, I've been interested about it. Outside of the two guys in Dubai I didn't know it was done elsewhere.

Likes ChicagoD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How did it go with the tail light conversion? What had to be done to get the signals to work?

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - ST-X Coils - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - Sponh Arms - MagnaFlow Cats - BT -

Post Thanks / Like
    Crap, guess once you get it done. You sort of forget to update things. lol

So, tails were relatively easy. The connectors you can't find anywhere. And the places you can find them want 400+US for 2 connectors. No thanks.

So I thought out of the box a little bit. I remember back when I had my first gen 300 that trailer wiring harnesses wired between the tail lights and the stock harness of the vehicle. WOndering if it was the same for the newer cars, I looked for harnesses. BAM, for 50$ you can get a Curtis wiring harness with the proper connectors!

Making your own pigtail by splicing the 6 pin harness that comes with the stock tails, to the 8 pin connector from the trailer harness. Once that was complete we had to figure out why the turning signals weren't working on the turning signal to turning signal pin. Turns out the tails don't use the turning signal pin? *shrug* So we wired up the brake light signal and turning signal to the brake light pin. With diodes on each wire to prevent backfeed to the BCM. The brake signal turns off when the turning signal is on, so this should never have happened anyways. Better safe than sorry.

As for fitting the tails to the car, 2 of the bolts line up, and you need to drill a new top hole. This top hole needs to be big enough for practically the whole part of that light to go through. Probably 5/8"? And then you need to figure out a way to clamp the light against that hole. Seriously, once its all in your hands, you figure it out pretty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny. I love the pretty chrome border on my "used to me mine" and now my wife's 2013, and cannot stand the rear end of my 2017 with out the chrome. To me, it looks unfinished. However, each to their own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast